Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 2 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

The Final is in full swing 17 Frames Down with potential 18 to go.

it will be a close Finish tomorrow Night Youth vs Experience

Who will win ?

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Monday 2nd of May

2pm and 7pm

Judd Trump 10-7 John Higgins

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 2 Discussio

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:it will be a close Finish tomorrow

Define close ? I think Judd could run away with this now :-)

doubt that

if judd going to win he will have to earn it the hard way

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unfortunately Trump won't be able to run away with it. He wasn't today with Higgins playing badly. But it would great if he could pull it off.

yes cant really see john not re grouping and even use a different tactic...

we might see Higgins grind tomorrow.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

doubt that

Not saying he's going to win with a session to spare, though it would be nice, but he's in control of the match now.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

doubt that

Not saying he's going to win with a session to spare, though it would be nice, but he's in control of the match now.

The dangerous thing about Higgins is that every time you think you got him, he's coming right back at you.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

doubt that

9-8 would have been disaster the way hes played compare to john so 10-7 is still a good score to john TBH but at the same time Trump would have jumped to get that lead overnight so i think both are happy with the score.

Postby Bourne

9-8 in a world final against Higgins is never a disaster lol, but it's 10-7 and three frames is a hell of a nice cushion to have. It's a race to 18 frames, doesn't matter two poops how you get there, and Judd is technically one session from doing it, great position to be in <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:9-8 in a world final against Higgins is never a disaster lol, but it's 10-7 and three frames is a hell of a nice cushion to have. It's a race to 18 frames, doesn't matter two poops how you get there, and Judd is technically one session from doing it, great position to be in <ok>

disaster when really john not at the races playing his C Game that 3 frames could be massive when higgins starts playing his A Game hes just too dam good to continue making schoolboy errors.

Postby jojo

the good thing from judd point of view is he doesnt have any battlescars he more carefree therefore that to his advantage

if it was someone like murphy ronnie williams selby etc most players have battlescars against higgins which might come into play in close matches but judd doesnt have that therefore although higgins can rely on his battling qualities he wont have the psychological edge over this opponent

Postby Snooker Overdrive

It is quite amazing: Trumps ranking events result this season:

Shanghai Masters: Last 32: Lost 5-3 to Maguire
World Open: Last 32: Lost 3-2 to Maguire
UK: Last 16: Lost 9-7 to Joyce
German Masters: Last 32: Lost 5-2 to Hendry
Welsh Open: Lost in qualifying 4-1 to Rod Lawler (!) The last player who beat him this season in a ranker
China Open: Winner
World Championship: Final (so far)

What the hell happened between the Welsh Open and the China Open? Has he sold his soul?

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:9-8 in a world final against Higgins is never a disaster lol, but it's 10-7 and three frames is a hell of a nice cushion to have. It's a race to 18 frames, doesn't matter two recycles how you get there, and Judd is technically one session from doing it, great position to be in <ok>

disaster when really john not at the races playing his C Game that 3 frames could be massive when higgins starts playing his A Game hes just too dam good to continue making schoolboy errors.

If Judd plays his A-game he won't get caught, I like to look at the positives <ok>

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:the good thing from judd point of view is he doesnt have any battlescars he more carefree therefore that to his advantage

if it was someone like murphy ronnie williams selby etc most players have battlescars against higgins which might come into play in close matches but judd doesnt have that therefore although higgins can rely on his battling qualities he wont have the psychological edge over this opponent

yes judd wont be scared hes proved his temperament so thats not a issue but John just like against williams is hanging on in there.

i expect at some point for him to make some breaks.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It is quite amazing: Trumps ranking events result this season:

Welsh Open: Lost in qualifying 4-1 to Rod Lawler (!) The last player who beat him this season in a ranker

What the hell happened between the Welsh Open and the China Open? Has he sold his soul?

I truly believe it was that one win over Marco Fu in China R1, that freed the shackles, a win over a top-16 player in testing circumstances, and he backed it up against the sort of opponent that he has struggled with in the past. From then on he had the momentum and form + confidence = success.

Postby jojo

wild i see what you saying but higgins was extremely fortunate from 5-7 to level at 7-7

once he try escaping from a snooker when judd a huge favourite for the frame he ends up fluking the snooker then potting the balls he needed without having to do anything with the cueball

similar in the next frame he played a safety shot cueball look like going in hit the jaw in such a way the cueball stayed on the top cushion snookering judd behind all six reds when an in off would have let judd in at a mid range pot he was already about fifteen points ahead and needed a few more reds with colours

it not been higgins good battling qualities that has kept the score only 10-7 it been more fortune than anything

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:9-8 in a world final against Higgins is never a disaster lol, but it's 10-7 and three frames is a hell of a nice cushion to have. It's a race to 18 frames, doesn't matter two recycles how you get there, and Judd is technically one session from doing it, great position to be in <ok>

If Judd plays his A-game he won't get caught, I like to look at the positives <ok>

today higgins had plenty of chances so what game was judd playing today ?

he needs to be tighter with position so he don't give higgins a sniff today he left to many sniffs for my liking to make it a cakewalk. unless he plays better tomorrow.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

he needs to be tighter with position so he don't give higgins a sniff today he left to many sniffs for my liking to make it a cakewalk. unless he plays better tomorrow.

No he needs to keep doing what he's been doing for the last month, a positive attitude. I'm bored of people who keep trying to say he can't win unless he reins it in :zzz: bullocks, he's got a winning formula and it's bucking scaring players, even the great John Higgins.

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:judd wasnt anywhere near the standard he produced against ding in the last two sessions of his semi so he will be pleased with a three frame lead

yes also his second session of the ding match was nowhere near as good as the second session of the final lol

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It is quite amazing: Trumps ranking events result this season:

I truly believe it was that one win over Marco Fu in China R1, that freed the shackles, a win over a top-16 player in testing circumstances, and he backed it up against the sort of opponent that he has struggled with in the past. From then on he had the momentum and form + confidence = success.

Was that match against Fu on TV? Was there a visible sign after that victory, like a fist pump or something?

The year Trump was on the Premier League and made the semis he really impressed me. But unfortunately he couldn't carry on and his results were so disappointing last and this season especially that defeat against Hendry. I had doubts he would make it.

But the lyrics of his intro music are rightly: "I had known it all my life. I used to dream about ... I made it"

And boy, Judd Trump made it.

Postby PLtheRef

Interesting, you have to remember that in four of Johns world finals, the only time he lost, he was 10-6 behind. He's never won the final from behind entering Monday, and in those finals he'd commanding leads, 11-5, 12-4 and 11-5.

Reminds me somewhat of 1997 where Ken raced ahead and by the time Stephen responded, he had too much to do, if Judd can get out tomorrow afternoon 4-4, then you really must fancy him from 14-11. Judd can lose 5-3 and still be in front.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Was that match against Fu on TV? Was there a visible sign after that victory, like a fist pump or something?

The year Trump was on the Premier League and made the semis he really impressed me. But unfortunately he couldn't carry on and his results were so disappointing last and this season especially that defeat against Hendry. I had doubts he would make it.

But the lyrics of his intro music are rightly: "I had known it all my life. I used to dream about ... I made it"

And boy, Judd Trump made it.

Yeh it was on TV, I remember it well, he was actually a bit more cagey in that match than he's been this tournament but tactically got it spot on and the clearance to win it was up there with any of the best you'll see.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:disaster when really john not at the races playing his C Game that 3 frames could be massive when higgins starts playing his A Game hes just too dam good to continue making schoolboy errors.

No he needs to keep doing what he's been doing for the last month, a positive attitude. I'm bored of people who keep trying to say he can't win unless he reins it in :zzz: bullocks, he's got a winning formula and it's bucking scaring players, even the great John Higgins.

believe me its not scaring john higgins at all and who the buck told him top reign it in you goof because i didnt.

bucking hell on another thread you said nobody ramming him down peoples throats thats exactly what you are bucking doing wally.

listen ffs instead of being a defensive.

trump has turned you in to bucking seifer with the never ending bullocks

all i grunting bucking said pin end is john higgins wont lie down and let nobody run all over him i said buck all that trumps game not good enough to win because i think it bucking good enough ive got his bucking avatar and im shouting hard for him to win but buck sakes the way your going on you making me go against him in the same bucking way that rochdale runt made me with ronnie so reign it bastard bucking in hammer.

Postby jojo

wild most players when winning the worlds have an awful session and that was judds awful session

if he draws tomorrow afternoon session 4-4 he goes in 14-11 up into the final session so hell be a huge favourite

i cant see anything phasing him to be honest as long as run of the ball at key moments doesnt come into it again for higgins then judd will win

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:If Judd plays his A-game he won't get caught, I like to look at the positives <ok>

No he needs to keep doing what he's been doing for the last month, a positive attitude. I'm bored of people who keep trying to say he can't win unless he reins it in :zzz: tezzies, he's got a winning formula and it's intercoursing scaring players, even the great John Higgins.

believe me its not scaring john higgins at all and who the intercourse told him top reign it in you goof because i didnt.

intercoursing hell on another thread you said nobody ramming him down peoples throats thats exactly what you are intercoursing doing wally.

trump has turned you in to intercoursing big bad wolf with the never ending balls

all i lady parting intercoursing said pin end is john higgins wont lie down and let nobody run all over him i said intercourse all that trumps game not good enough to win because i think it intercoursing good enough ive got his intercoursing avatar and im shouting hard for him to win but intercourse sakes the way your going on you making me go against him in the same intercoursing way that rochdale lady part made me with ronnie so reign it bar steward intercoursing in fathead.

You are so mature mate you know that ? <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:today higgins had plenty of chances so what game was judd playing today ?

No he needs to keep doing what he's been doing for the last month, a positive attitude. I'm bored of people who keep trying to say he can't win unless he reins it in :zzz: tezzies, he's got a winning formula and it's intercoursing scaring players, even the great John Higgins.

believe me its not scaring john higgins at all and who the intercourse told him top reign it in you goof because i didnt.

intercoursing hell on another thread you said nobody ramming him down peoples throats thats exactly what you are intercoursing doing wally.

trump has turned you in to intercoursing big bad wolf with the never ending balls

all i lady parting intercoursing said pin end is john higgins wont lie down and let nobody run all over him i said intercourse all that trumps game not good enough to win because i think it intercoursing good enough ive got his intercoursing avatar and im shouting hard for him to win but intercourse sakes the way your going on you making me go against him in the same intercoursing way that rochdale lady part made me with ronnie so reign it bar steward intercoursing in fathead.

You are so mature mate you know that ? <ok>

listen then instead of being a runt then and ill be happy