Topic locked

Re: Trump a World Finalist at 21

Postby GJ

robbo played ok but was far to cautious he played ok not well IMO

he never plays well in round 1 of events

Postby jojo

bourne he may not have any choice higgins is one of the all time greats he can dicate the game if he wants to

what if he keeps leaving judd on the baulk cushion or snookered and evetually judd gets frustrated and lashes out ? jimmy never wanted to grind against the likes of davis griffiths thorburn etc and judd wont want to grind against higgins but higgns is probably the best player ever winning when he not playing well

and gj i wont go back on my word if higgins wins im a man of principle i cant stand him and seeing him win the worlds for the fourth time would make me sick it wont be good for my health i wont be able to stomach watching his so called innocent grin and being introduced as the reigning world and uk champion when he shouldnt be on a snooker table

i feel that strongly against him im sure people would love it if i dont follow snooker any more that their right i dont have a problem with that likewise it my right to not follow snooker anymore if higgins wins on monday

Postby GJ

shame mate as you do most of the time add alot to this place

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The key will be Trumps temperament. He has a great bounce back ability. And he will need absolutely all of that temperament against Higgins. Higgins will steal some frames and that will hurt but he has to response better than Ronnie and Williams.

Easier said than done.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Chumba

Peoplemay say if he can beat sleby in a final higgins is no tougher

But as you and me know wiggs is overrated abit where as higgins is top class in finals

That would be true if Selby choked int he final, but he certainly didn't do that, he was top-level, Judd's top-level was simply better on the day. If Higgins brings his best all match though, he'll be pig-hard to beat.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is the final test for Trump. It won't get any harder than this. If he wins the title it would be so well deserved it is beyond words.

His road to the final:

1. Kicks out the defending champion who played well
2. Kicks out the man who had the world champion a year ago on the ropes
3. Blows the last years finalist out of the arena
4. Beats a flawless Ding on top form
5. ???

Do it Judd!

Yeh and if you compare it to some other paths to finals it's a pig isn't it haha, but I honestly couldn't care less if he beat 5 players playing with one hand behind their back, being world champion is an accolade few players get and i'm most proud of all the way Judd's gone about it, he hasn't shyed away from playing his own game, he's been positive.

Postby GJ

it willbe a great finali hope

its good higgins won early enough as fatique wont be a factor

i give the edge to higgins judd needs a strong first session or higgins will set the toneand be hard to stick with for him IMO

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The only player who ever beat Higgins in world final was Ronnie. I know that Ronnie played really well and blew all his opponents away in the previous rounds. Ronnie won 18-14 so even should Judd be able to bring his best to table he won't win without conceding at least 14 or 15 frames.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 30 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jojo

thanks for saying that pal it good of you but it got to the stage where it effecting my whole life when the snookers on like i explained to sonny

when the snookers not on it all ok as i have a life away from snooker but when its on i cant stand the site of higgins winning wanting him to lose is such an obsession it not really fair on the people i love ie my girlfriend and family etc

so ive decided if higgins wins i wont bother following the sport anymore people can laugh all they want but i know its the right decision

hopefully all this talk is academic as alexopaul taught me if judd wins all my hopes pinned on him

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:bourne he may not have any choice higgins is one of the all time greats he can dicate the game if he wants to

what if he keeps leaving judd on the baulk cushion or snookered and evetually judd gets frustrated and lashes out ? jimmy never wanted to grind against the likes of davis griffiths thorburn etc and judd wont want to grind against higgins but higgns is probably the best player ever winning when he not playing well

and gj i wont go back on my word if higgins wins im a man of principle i cant stand him and seeing him win the worlds for the fourth time would make me sick it wont be good for my health i wont be able to stomach watching his so called innocent grin and being introduced as the reigning world and uk champion when he shouldnt be on a snooker table

i feel that strongly against him im sure people would love it if i dont follow snooker any more that their right i dont have a problem with that likewise it my right to not follow snooker anymore if higgins wins on monday

yes its your right but the decision was made to let him play rightly or wrongly thats not our call to make the fact that he is world champion should not alter your decision the fact they let him play should have been the time you packed snooker up surely.

the fact hes in A TOURNAMENT is bad enough to pack it in surely everyone knows hes good enough to win before a ball potted 2 weeks ago so what really changed if he won ?

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The only player who ever beat Higgins in world final was Ronnie. I know that Ronnie played really well and blew all his opponents away in the previous rounds. Ronnie won 18-14 so even should Judd be able to bring his best to table he won't win without conceding at least 14 or 15 frames.

And in that year, Ronnie caught John cold, led 6-2 at the end of the first session, which proved the factor as the other sessions were 10-6, 14-10 and 18-14, all 4-4 draws.

Regardless of what happens, Judd's performance in the last six weeks has been the best in the world, that includes China and WC Qualifying to boot. - I also think he'd do better against John than someone who blows him away each time.

Personally I think that inexperience may catch up - but as Bourne said two weeks ago, we've said that nearly every time Judd's started a match.

I would say a 10-7 lead is desireable tomorrow, a gap going to Monday important, personally I think John will win, around 18-12, but I'd love to see Judd win.

Postby DavieMac

Wild wrote:
jojo wrote:bourne he may not have any choice higgins is one of the all time greats he can dicate the game if he wants to

yes its your right but the decision was made to let him play rightly or wrongly thats not our call to make the fact that he is world champion should not alter your decision the fact they let him play should have been the time you packed snooker up surely.

the fact hes in A TOURNAMENT is bad enough to pack it in surely everyone knows hes good enough to win before a ball potted 2 weeks ago so what really changed if he won ?

:hatoff:

Postby jojo

when he came back i was really really annoyed people remember what i was like on here when i joined and that was during the uk championship in december gruadually that week match by match turned into a nightmare

i never expected him to be having the success he been having but him winning the uk and possibly worlds i wont be able to stomach it if he lost most his matches early ie like against dott in the masters im ok with that because at least he isnt having success and people treating him like some kind of matyr war hero saint higgins whiter than white lovely gentlemen look what he been through and how hes come through it someone like hazel irvine is the worst

i hope sonny puts this out to the professional people ie those who run the game and professional players people like john higgins there are those who really do think he got away with it and passionate snooker fans are being lost because john higgins wasnt punished and they cant stomach him winning and being treated like a hero when it look like only his reputation as a top snooker player saved him from getting a similar punishment to quinten hann

i dont want them thinking alls fair and well higgins the gentlemen what a hero snooker this lovely clean game of ours when some will never feel that way as details havent been made public the least they can do for true snooker fans who pay a lot of money for the game they love is give us proper explanations and details as to what happened

i feel for quinten hann in this and obviously they wont give us the details because of various reasons so if higgins does win it on monday i say bullocks to it all i dont have to suffer watching him anymore it all too much and not good for me or the people around me it not fair on them

if the bung stuff came out say ten years ago and hed been pusnished served his time ie banned for five years then came back and started winning i would have no gripe with that whatsoever because he did the crime and was punished accordingly none of this elitistism cover up and pick on the peasent ie quinten hann

ive been calling for ronnie to be punished as well when he tries to lose throwing the towel in i dont like none of this elitistism stuff and had this been any other legend in higgins bung position i would want them punished accordingly i never had any problem with higgins winning tournaments before the bung stuff came out

anyway i hope judd beats him ill be able to stomach that

Postby Sickpotter

I think you need help jojo. :huh:

Higgins was punished for what he was guilty of. :spot on:

If you think you know better than those who've seen the unedited tape then you are delusional. :dizzy: <doh>

To allow an irrational hatred to ruin your enjoyment of snooker is insane.....right up there at Seifer level insane and that's on par with being some kind of an out-patient :drool:

Postby wheelsofsteel

jojo wrote:when he came back i was really really annoyed people remember what i was like on here when i joined and that was during the uk championship in december gruadually that week match by match turned into a nightmare

i never expected him to be having the success he been having but him winning the uk and possibly worlds i wont be able to stomach it if he lost most his matches early ie like against dott in the masters im ok with that because at least he isnt having success and people treating him like some kind of matyr war hero saint higgins whiter than white lovely gentlemen look what he been through and how hes come through it someone like hazel irvine is the worst

i hope sonny puts this out to the professional people ie those who run the game and professional players people like john higgins there are those who really do think he got away with it and passionate snooker fans are being lost because john higgins wasnt punished and they cant stomach him winning and being treated like a hero when it look like only his reputation as a top snooker player saved him from getting a similar punishment to quinten hann

i dont want them thinking alls fair and well higgins the gentlemen what a hero snooker this lovely clean game of ours when some will never feel that way as details havent been made public the least they can do for true snooker fans who pay a lot of money for the game they love is give us proper explanations and details as to what happened

i feel for quinten hann in this and obviously they wont give us the details because of various reasons so if higgins does win it on monday i say tezzies to it all i dont have to suffer watching him anymore it all too much and not good for me or the people around me it not fair on them

if the bung stuff came out say ten years ago and hed been pusnished served his time ie banned for five years then came back and started winning i would have no gripe with that whatsoever because he did the crime and was punished accordingly none of this elitistism cover up and pick on the peasent ie quinten hann

ive been calling for ronnie to be punished as well when he tries to lose throwing the towel in i dont like none of this elitistism stuff and had this been any other legend in higgins bung position i would want them punished accordingly i never had any problem with higgins winning tournaments before the bung stuff came out

anyway i hope judd beats him ill be able to stomach that

Obviously you only take notice of what you want. Hann did not defend himself because the evidence was overwhelmingly against him. If you do not turn up, you can hardly expect anyone to believe you have a case to plead innocent.

Higgins immediately handed this over to a legal team, and world snooker, Hearn, Douglas and the NotW would never have allowed Higgins back if he had been as guilty as you obviously still wish he was.

He was guilty of nothing more than gross stupidity and that brought him and the game into disrepute, and he was punished accordingly.

Obviously, not enough for you because you have your box of X-Files which no-one else has ever seen :hmmm:

Postby kostasmad

I never expected to be that impressed by Trump. He played fantastically to progress to the Final and made some new supporters.

However, final is a different thing. Experience matters and you cannot have a worst opponent for the final than Higgins. Trump knows that. He needs to be in front 2-3 frames after the 1st frame of the last session to have a chance. Stronger mentally players have rubbish their pants against John. 75%--25% for Higgins. And the only reason that i give 25% to Trump is because Higgins had a really tough draw and he should feel exhausted.

Postby Caledonian Craig

jojo ask yourself how you felt when you watched that video for the first time. I and everyone else saw that as damning evidence and would have looked that way to everybody - correct? Well if so and if Higgins was guilty why would he have even bothered fighting the video evidence against him in light of what appeared such damning evidence. Surely, if guilty he would have just held his hands up and said its a fair cop but obviously he knew what really went on in that video and fought against it. The tribunal/investigation aftermath can be found in better detail here:-

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... ct-080904/

Read and learn and remember what you watched was edited, cut and spliced video and the NOTW didn't want to release full unedited videos (I wonder why) and then only released them when they got assurances they wouldn't be sued (odd as they weren't on trial here and sounds like someone with a worried and guilty conscience). Also at the foot of that link read Pat Mooney (Higgins manager) reaction where after being banned for life he apologised to John Higgins. WTF Why? If I were Pat Mooney I'd be seething my career was over whilst Higgins carried on (if Higgins was guilty of course). That apology alone tells me that Mooney was the instigator and no doubt the unseen footage showed that hence why the tribunal came to that conclusion. Now jojo I have a feeling you have a closed-mind on the matter and it in some way makes you feel better to think John Higgins is guilty but there are two sides to every story and not just one patched and taped together by a seedy Sunday newspaper. Just to add as well does anyone not consider why the NOTW never appealed the decision and took it further. Their lame reaction doesn't exactly say that they were too fussed with being made to look liars.
Last edited by Caledonian Craig on 01 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

higgins do it to stick it to your hatas

and prove higgins is BOHE

Postby Bourne

WTF is wrong with you noobs ? Higgins has nothing to do with this thread, take that crap elsewhere thanks.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:WTF is wrong with you noobs ? Higgins has nothing to do with this thread, take that crap elsewhere thanks.

:bowdown:

Postby Caledonian Craig

Sorry Bourne.

As you are Trumps biggest fan how important in the grand scheme of things for him is it that he wins the final? I mean a win and it is a massive psychological boost beating the best of the old generation and as he has already beaten Ding and Robertson surely you have to ask who will stand in his way in coming years?

Postby jojo

caledoniancraig i have answered these questions many times before on this thread and i cant be bothered to do it again i havent got a closed mind on the matter

if they provided all the details to the public then yes it would put my mind to rest but even the link you given doesnt provide any substance just things like the evidence has been exhaustively studied and blah blah blah but no actual details or substance of anything

i know the tape was edited however news of the world say they cant release the full version to protect their undercover reporter i would love to see the full version as it stands i clearly believe he got away with it

people do have a right to believe he isnt innocent if they feel he isnt innocent especially if snooker is a passion for them and they spend a lot of money following the game it doesnt make them a criminal if they dont believe higgins is innocent like everyone would want them to believe

anyway enough of this i want to try and enjoy the final

Postby Casey

jojo wrote:caledoniancraig i have answered these questions many times before on this thread and i cant be bothered to do it again i havent got a closed mind on the matter

if they provided all the details to the public then yes it would put my mind to rest but even the link you given doesnt provide any substance just things like the evidence has been exhaustively studied and blah blah blah but no actual details or substance of anything

i know the tape was edited however news of the world say they cant release the full version to protect their undercover reporter i would love to see the full version as it stands i clearly believe he got away with it

people do have a right to believe he isnt innocent if they feel he isnt innocent especially if snooker is a passion for them and they spend a lot of money following the game it doesnt make them a criminal if they dont believe higgins is innocent like everyone would want them to believe

anyway enough of this i want to try and enjoy the final

Do enjoy it. Its set to be a great final!

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:Sorry Bourne.

As you are Trumps biggest fan how important in the grand scheme of things for him is it that he wins the final? I mean a win and it is a massive psychological boost beating the best of the old generation and as he has already beaten Ding and Robertson surely you have to ask who will stand in his way in coming years?

I'm not looking forward any more than the final over the next two days, what happens beyond is anybody's guess. I don't think Higgins is invincible, nor do I believe any of the cliches like 'he has to stay at least level after each session' and 'Higgins is unbeatable in tight matches' yada yada yah ... Obviously the confidence he'd take from winning would be just incredible, because at the age of 21 it basically wouldn't matter what happened in the rest of his career, he's joined the best names.

Postby Caledonian Craig

On current form in this tournament Higgins isn't invincible that much is clear. I would say it is important as to how each player approaches the match and deals with adversity. I fancy Trump to win as his potting has been second to none whilst Higgins has missed some unbelievable pots that he never used to. Higgins greatest strength is hanging on in there despite not playing at his best and he will need to reproduce that element of his game in the final if he continues to miss some easy (by his standards) pots.

Postby GJ

I wonder what tactics higgisn will use as i feel he normally gets a better balance of style than say a selbywho goes either to attacking or to defensive

should be a cracker cant wait TBH