Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 1 Discussion !

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

So the Final is here Youth vs Experience and Exciting vs Steady

Who will Win over the next 2 Days ?

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Sunday 1st of May

2pm and 7pm

Judd Trump v John Higgins

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship The Final Day 1 Discussio

Postby Caledonian Craig

Should be a classic. It is also a final that could usher in a new era of dominance as if Judd Trump wins it could set him on his way to be a multiple world champion as he'd already have the scalp of modern day legend John Higgins on the biggest stage - a massive psychological step forward for him. A win for John Higgins would put him out there alone on four world titles in the modern era which would be a massive achievement. Close to call and it depends how the frames pan out but I have a sneaky feeling Judd Trump is destined to win. He has potted superbly and I have been impressed by all facets of his game whilst John Higgins hasn't looked as bullet proof as he has in the past missing shots you don't expect him to miss. He'll need to cut that out in the final and his safety be top drawer otherwise Trump will have a field day. Either way it should be enthralling.

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a final we have now. Certainly the most diverse I have ever seen. Old vs. young, multiple world champion vs. great prospect and new star vs. legend.

I think it will be a great match. Bring it on!

Hopefully so! I hope Judd can take it and be the new light in snooker. Monday could pave the way for a new style of snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a final we have now. Certainly the most diverse I have ever seen. Old vs. young, multiple world champion vs. great prospect and new star vs. legend.

I think it will be a great match. Bring it on!

Hopefully so! I hope Judd can take it and be the new light in snooker. Monday could pave the way for a new style of snooker.

Agreed.

Judd Trump winning the world championship would be the French revolution of snooker.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:A question to those who already watched the 2005 championship. Is Trump playing like Murphy that year?

he has more tactical awareness than murphy

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:A question to those who watched the 2005 championship. Is Trump playing like Murphy that year?

Without a doubt yes. Its been so similar especially that he has managed to win the big frames with big breaks. I think he will have a lull during the final like Murphy did in the second session but will come out blazing going into the final session.

However he hasn't played someone who has been willing to play a lot of safety so far in this event so it will be interesting to see how Higgins approaches the final.

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:No, he's playing 10x better

No way. I am not a Murphy fan in the slightest but he was incredible that year. If you look back over his matches against Higgins and Ebdon, every time he was under pressure he would knock in a 100+ break.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:No, he's playing 10x better

No way. I am not a Murphy fan in the slightest but he was incredible that year. If you look back over his matches against Higgins and Ebdon, every time he was under pressure he would knock in a 100+ break.

spot on he never looked like missing and every long pot was like a laser

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Well Judd Trump is just unbelievable.

He was in the last 16 ONCE in the last two seasons up until the China Open. Now he is about to tear down the old snooker order. He's taking the game in the 10s. In the 80s it was Davis, in the 90s it was Hendry, in the 00s it were the great Three and now Judd Trump could be that someone who came through with a bang.

Great for snooker.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:We all know that a Trump win would have also symbolic meaning like the new guard has arrived.

But what would a Higgins win tell us?

confirm to all his hatas

he is BOHE

:hatoff: <cool> :happy:

Postby Alex0paul

The thing with Trump is he seems to be more interested in becoming a celebrity than the snooker and its just that the snookers there to help him do it. I think he won't put himself under much pressure because it doesn't seem to mean as much as maybe Ding.

Postby GJ

i think higgins would rather face trump as ding did beat john in that uk final and ding has played in multiple major finals

Where as trump has only played 1 china

and a major finals are different to a normal ranking final

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ I'm afraid you have to explain me one more time why you changed your attitude towards Higgins. Why do you think suddenly he deserves a second chance? Not long ago you called him "concrete".

I have decided to give him a2 nd chance along time ago after realising my original thoughts were immature and pathetic and why bother having bittnerness towards people

so i decided john desevres a 2nd chance

:hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie has had 50 chances. He should have received a life ban long ago if John received a 6 month ban for basically nothing.

John will shove it in the jealous Ronnie fanboy and hatahs faces when he lifts the trophy on Monday afternoon or night.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Ronnie has had 50 chances. He should have received a life ban long ago if John received a 6 month ban for basically nothing.

John will shove it in the jealous Ronnie fanboy and hatahs faces when he lifts the trophy on Monday afternoon or night.

WELL SAID :hatoff: :ahh: