Topic locked

Re: Worst Final, Best Final

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Worst:

JT vs Kiev

Best:

Ding vs MJW

Discuss.

I wouldn't complain with any of these four being in the final. My favourite and least favourite would be yours too. But I like both Higgins and Williams. And though I prefer Ding as a player to Judd, I wouldn't kill myself if Trump was in the final.

Could've been a lot worse. Ebdon vs McLeod. :zzz:

Postby GJ

best

higgins v ding

worst

williams v trump

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

JT vs Kiev

Best:

Ding vs MJW

Discuss.

I wouldn't complain with any of these four being in the final. My favourite and least favourite would be yours too. But I like both Higgins and Williams. And though I prefer Ding as a player to Judd, I wouldn't kill myself if Trump was in the final.

thanks for responding :win: :wave: <ok>

Postby Roland

Best

Williams v Ding

worst

the other combo

Williams v Ding in China last year was the best final of the last 13 months.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

JT vs Kiev

Best:

Ding vs MJW

Discuss.

thanks for responding :win: :wave: <ok>

It's helped your shitty thread, let's be honest. :D

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Best

Williams v Ding

worst

the other combo

Williams v Ding in China last year was the best final of the last 13 months.

Better than selby williams german masters final!? :shock:

Postby Sickpotter

Best final - Jimmy White vs Hendry 1994

Worst final - nothing jumps to mind though the last few years have produced some lacklustre matches.

Personally I'd love a Trump/Williams final this year, both exciting/entertaining players who are in great form :mosh2:

Postby Roland

Terry Griffiths v Steve Davis 1988. That was a rubbish final. :santa:

Postby jojo

worst final would be higgins in it though the best one would be if he does make it to the final him losing 18-0 to judd trump or ding junhui

i would love every second of that and replay every shot in slow motion especially when the camera pans to his face ha

Postby GJ

for me as a snooker fan no bias

BEST 2010 , 2002
worst 2008

Postby wheelsofsteel

In snooker terms, sad to say, Taylor v Davis is the standout in terms of best. Not in terms of quality, but sheer drama. I could watch the final frame every day, because it is so full of unexpectedly rubbish shots! Davis v White in 1984 wasn't half bad either.

For quality Hendry beating White in 1990 takes a bit of beating, as does his hammering of White a few years later.

I don't think there has been a worse final, lots of mediocrity though

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Terry Griffiths v Steve Davis 1988. That was a rubbish final. :santa:

Davis/Parrot - that was a stinker rofl

No it wasn't, that was funny. I loved watching Davis trying to get to 18 leaving Parrott on as few as possible.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Terry Griffiths v Steve Davis 1988. That was a rubbish final. :santa:

ohhhhhh buck yes

Terry was only there to make up the numbers he never believed he had a chance from first ball to last and it came over like that.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Best

A few spring to mind

Interms of excitement 1980 , 1982 , 1984 , 1992 1994 and 2002 would have been hard to top but 1985 which everyone who watched it will never forget

There's been a few one sided matches like 1983 , 1989 and 1993 but that's down to one player raising their game to another dimension

stand outs in their teduim were 1988 , 2006 and 2010 . I wasn't who won those finals , just that they'd end

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The first final I saw properly was in 95. Of the finals since then I'd put the 2003 one top. Doherty's incredible run through the tournament and the way he was getting hammered only to make a big comeback on the Monday going from 11-2 down to get it to 16-16 and then Williams winning the final two frames. I was trying to study for exams during the final so it stands out. The 2001 final is a close second with 2000, 2002 & 2005 next. The worst finals were 1995, 2006 & 2010.

Of the earlier finals I think the 1994 one would be the best. The whole build-up, the years of final defeats for White and then in possibly his last chance he gets to a decider and looks like he's finally going to do it only for that one last twist. I remember watching the last frame and even though I knew nothing about snooker I still felt sorry for White. The sickening felling White fans would have felt would have stayed longer than in any other final.

Postby GJ

2010 WAS THE BEST

Postby GJ

As a robbo fan it was good

And how can any final be worse than the crap 2008 final

At least dotty battled hard

Carter was pure crap and rolled over to his master ronnie

Postby jojo

i know the 2008 and 2009 finals were quite boring aswell you knew the two players were going to win comfortably without playing well and that what happened

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:i know the 2008 and 2009 finals were quite boring aswell you knew the two players were going to win comfortably without playing well and that what happened

thoughts on this years final

honest views without your anti higgins hat on :hatoff: ;-)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

In both 2004 & 2008 the final was overshadowed by the brilliant semi wins over Hendry. The same in 2006. Had Dotts win over O'Sullivan had came in the final it would have been more fitting.