Topic locked

Re: The Mark Williams Support Thread!

Postby Roland

What do you mean again? Mark beat Higgins in two semis before, 1999 and 2000.

Come on MJW!

Postby Bourne

I've always felt Williams is the one top name in this sport that no fan can dislike, everything about him is just so easy going and I can't see why anyone would root against him

Postby Tubberlad

Anyway, what I said was Williams is the game's most underated player, that guy is class and had both Sullivan and Higgins on a string for a while a few years back. He seemed to lose all motivation around 2004, but up to then he was an awesome player, still is one of the very best.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:I've always felt Williams is the one top name in this sport that no fan can dislike, everything about him is just so easy going and I can't see why anyone would root against him

yeh ive never been a massive fan but even ive gotta admire him for hitting the bar and bookies in the Crucible the Thursday night last week and betting away whilst all the madness was going on around him :blush: :john: plus the fact he was playing again Friday morning v Cope

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:I've always felt Williams is the one top name in this sport that no fan can dislike, everything about him is just so easy going and I can't see why anyone would root against him

yeh ive never been a massive fan but even ive gotta admire him for hitting the bar and bookies in the Crucible the Thursday night last week and betting away whilst all the madness was going on around him :blush: :john: plus the fact he was playing again Friday morning v Cope

He probably wins every bet he makes too haha wish I had half his ability

Postby Roland

Is that your experience? Maybe I had the fanboy perspective and it was only one meeting in a pub but I came away thinking how cool he was.

Postby gallantrabbit

I think Williams is hitting the ball best and has the baggage. I make him favourite for the tourney. Especially if Higgins serves up the junk he played first thing this aft.
Would like to see Trump win though, so best get orf this thread...

Postby SnookerFan

I'd be happy for either man to win this match, but if I had to pick, I'd pick MJW. I'd only been watching snooker full-time about a year or so in 2003, and I used to enjoy seeing him win all the tournaments he did in that era. It'd be good to see him win a third.

Postby randam05

COME ON MARK! THIS IS A THREAD I REALLY LIKE. GOOD ONE SONNY. IM SUPPORTING HIM ALL THE WAY NOW. I WOULD DEARLY LOVE HIM TO WIN. Would put a great season of resurgence into perspective. What a beautiful way to finish the season for such a great player/personality.

Postby Caledonian Craig

To be honest I am not too fussed who wins the Higgins/Williams match. The patriotic Scot in me will be shouting on John but would also like to see Mark Williams clinch his third world title as his play merits it. I'll just sit back and enjoy the snooker.

Postby jojo

decent start for williams 5-3 overnight despite not being at his best

another 5-3 session tomorrow afternoon is what he should be aiming for meaning when he go into saturday mornings third session he will lead 10-6

i want him to beat higgins in every session i want him to be ruthless ronnie rarely won the scrappy frames against higgins but williams loves them that why i expected williams to win this match at the start

keep pushing pal keep pushing send higgins packing for the good of snooker keep pushing