Post a reply

Your emotional relation to John Higgins?

I adore him
19%
I like him
41%
I'm neutral
7%
I dislike him
15%
I hate him
19%

Total votes : 27

John Higgins

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I wanted to make this thread because I would like to know how people think about John Higgins. He's currently the most successful snooker player on this earth so there surely must be some fans who adore him and his game. The scandal 1 year ago is still a hot topic here and made him a lot of enemies.

I admire his ability to play to the game to great success. But I don't like him. Not based on the events 1 year ago.

Now is your turn to vote.

Re: John Higgins

Postby Bourne

I like him there's not a single player I hate or loathe that's just pathetic, he's been a terrific ambassador for this great sport but I want to see new names winning, he's kind of a victim of his own success for me.

Postby Witz78

none of these poll options are strong enough to represent my pure vile hatred towards him

Postby jojo

i second what witz been saying and im not a bitter person

Postby Tubberlad

I don't really know about this poll... does it really have a place in a serious snooker section?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:I don't really know about this poll... does it really have a place in a serious snooker section?

Let's make a poll about that :john:

Postby Wildey

as a kid i hated Steve Davis with a passion then i grew up.

hes a sportsman as adults we really should not hate him and for witz to call him vile with a Gadafi Avatar sais just how warped his sense of hate really is.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:as a kid i hated Steve Davis with a passion then i grew up.

hes a sportsman as adults we really should not hate him and for witz to call him vile with a Gadafi Avatar sais just how warped his sense of hate really is.

says you with the Hendry avatar :john:

i know who i find more offensive :no:

Postby onlyevertonjon

I dont think it would be fiiting if the guy won the Worlds, how his stupidity overshadowed Robertson's win and therefore hoping anyone of the other 3 win.

However I admire the way the guy dealt with his ban and father's death, and won the UK and Welsh.

Very underatted in GOAT of all time debate.

Postby GJ

option 1

:win: :hatoff:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:as a kid i hated Steve Davis with a passion then i grew up.

I'm struggling to put that in to some kind of time frame :chin:

Postby Roland

Nothing wrong in having this poll. What it says so far is that only a minority don't like him or hate him and they are the minority who always want to talk about the sting. Those who like him or don't mind him just get on with it and don't want to talk about it which is why it appears that comment %age wise more comments are anti-Higgins than pro-Higgins.

Bottom line is, he is one of the very best snooker players who has ever lived and he could murder his family and that still wouldn't change.

Postby Bourne

11/18 like him that's a majority to me :D

Postby Bourne

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Bourne wrote:11/18 like him that's a majority to me :D

not under Irish PR

Or Ukrainian :evilgrin:

Postby DavieMac

Bourne wrote:11/18 like him that's a majority to me :D

:happy:

Postby GJ

option 1

:hatoff: <cool> :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Surely the option of " how'd you swallow 300,000 John ? " is missing ?

Postby Witz78

ANYONE SEE THE GUARDIAN REPORT ?? MY HERO :bowdown: :bowdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/may/01/world-snooker-championship-snooker?INTCMP=SRCH

John Higgins heckled during semi-final over frame-fixing allegations
• You're a disgrace to snooker, spectator tells Higgins
• Mark Williams tells Scot: 'Don't let it upset you'

Security at the Crucible threatre remove a heckler for shouting at John Higgins during the world snooker championship semi-final. Photograph: Anna Gowthorpe/PA

John Higgins was heckled by a spectator during the final session of his 17-14 semi-final win over Mark Williams. The incident took place on the anniversary of a News of the World sting, which showed him apparently willing to throw frames in unspecified future tournaments, claims he has strenuously denied.

"How did you swallow £300,000, John?" the heckler shouted. "You're a disgrace to snooker. And you're [the crowd] looking at him."

No match-fixing took place but Higgins was fined £75,000 and suspended for six months for not reporting an illegal betting approach. Crowds have been uniformly supportive of him since his return on 1 November but the heckler had already vented his feelings outside the Betfred betting facility at the Crucible by shouting: "I can't believe you're taking bets on this."

His interruption was howled down by other Crucible spectators and the referee, Eirian Williams, ordered him to be removed from the arena, a directive with which security promptly complied.

Williams said to Higgins: "Don't take any notice of that, John. Don't let it upset you."

Higgins said afterwards that he had not been affected – as he had shown when, interrupted for a minute or so with a break on 28, he completed it to 123. The heckler declined to give his name but spent the rest of the evening drinking as he continued to watch the match on the giant screen outside the theatre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and he prefers to drink outside in Tudor Square, what a legend :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Last edited by Witz78 on 05 May 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Roland

post a link to the article and use the quote function please :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:ANYONE SEE THE GUARDIAN REPORT ?? MY HERO :bowdown: :bowdown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/may/01/world-snooker-championship-snooker?INTCMP=SRCH

John Higgins heckled during semi-final over frame-fixing allegations
• You're a disgrace to snooker, spectator tells Higgins
• Mark Williams tells Scot: 'Don't let it upset you'

Security at the Crucible threatre remove a heckler for shouting at John Higgins during the world snooker championship semi-final. Photograph: Anna Gowthorpe/PA

John Higgins was heckled by a spectator during the final session of his 17-14 semi-final win over Mark Williams. The incident took place on the anniversary of a News of the World sting, which showed him apparently willing to throw frames in unspecified future tournaments, claims he has strenuously denied.

"How did you swallow £300,000, John?" the heckler shouted. "You're a disgrace to snooker. And you're [the crowd] looking at him."

No match-fixing took place but Higgins was fined £75,000 and suspended for six months for not reporting an illegal betting approach. Crowds have been uniformly supportive of him since his return on 1 November but the heckler had already vented his feelings outside the Betfred betting facility at the Crucible by shouting: "I can't believe you're taking bets on this."

His interruption was howled down by other Crucible spectators and the referee, Eirian Williams, ordered him to be removed from the arena, a directive with which security promptly complied.

Williams said to Higgins: "Don't take any notice of that, John. Don't let it upset you."

Higgins said afterwards that he had not been affected – as he had shown when, interrupted for a minute or so with a break on 28, he completed it to 123. The heckler declined to give his name but spent the rest of the evening drinking as he continued to watch the match on the giant screen outside the theatre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and he prefers to drink outside in Tudor Square, what a legend :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well, at least he managed to do what you'd been promising to do for the last year. <laugh>

Didn't have the courage to give his name though. :sad: