Topic locked

Final round of 2010 World Championship Qualifying

Postby PLtheRef

Welcome to the final qualifying round contest for the 2010 World Championship. This contest shall run from 7-9 March and shall take place from those dates using the following system.

5 points for a seeded winner
8 points for an unseeded winner
3 points for correct score

as a bonus game you choose the 2 players who you think will achieve the greatest margins of victory in the final QualRd. 10 points per correct entry meaning that a maximum of 236 is available, this may reduce as seeds qualify. The bonuses come into operation at the end of the qualifiers

Matches will be posted as individual dates from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with the deadline for each dat being 9:45am.

Normal Tie-break rules will apply

Please confirm your entry by Thursday evening at 11pm so the seeds can be formulated

Good Luck

on another note, much as I am happy to and more than prepared to run the contest for the championships proper I am in Italy the first weekend of the event. PL

1 103 STALINESQ

2 87 KRAZEEYEKILLA
3 77 THE CLEAVER
4 74 PADDY Higher score Sun-Mon
5 74 ROCKET-RON
6 71 MANFRED
7 64 GJ
8 62 WILD
9 61 BOURNE
10 55 CHEESYMAN
11 54 TUBBERLAD
11 54 CASEMASTER
13 51 LUCKYBALLS
14 44 JOHN FLTMBE

No tie-break needed for 11th as both
receive same ranking points

FIRST ROUND
TUBBERLAD 10 V 18 STALINESQ
CHEESYMAN 0-21 PADDYLOWSON
ROCKET RON 13 v 13 WILD (Advances due to higer world ranking)
GJ 18 v 10 BOURNE

QUARTER-FINALS
CASE (3) 16-21 STALINESQ
THE CLEAVER (1) 18-13 PADDYLOWSON
LUCKY BALLS (4) 13-26 WILD
JOHNFLTMBE (2) 29-13 GJ

SEMI-FINALS
THE CLEAVER (1) 13-34 STALINESQ
JOHNFLTMBE(2) 15-23 WILD

THE FINAL
STALINESQ 30-0 WILD

So its congratulations to Stalinesq winner of both contests and in fine fettle ahead of the quest of regaining 'his' crown

Contest now closed
Final made up of bonuses[/i]

Re: Final round of 2010 World Championship Qualifying

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:Okay 12 entries means four seeds who will be byed to quarter-finals

draw and template to arrive tomorrow

Pad - just do a "normal" contest for once FFS. People just want to predict each game and see how they are doing in relation to the rest of the competitors. :wave:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Okay 12 entries means four seeds who will be byed to quarter-finals

Pad - just do a "normal" contest for once FFS. People just want to predict each game and see how they are doing in relation to the rest of the competitors. :wave:

theres only 1 round there lol dont buck about with it please.

and paddy in the WC Please leave everyone involved until the final mate <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

StalinESQ wrote:

Feel free to take over, remember the matchplay events are the events which take second fiddle dont they, its not as if you are banned from the main contest if you are beaten in the matchplay is it. The forum agreed, matchplay events would be staged alongside the main event with no cut rules in the mains why change it once agreed.

Postby Lucky

I agree Paddy, I cant see why anyone will have a problem with a competition thats run ALONGSIDE the main comp, if you dont care about the knockout part......dont check the results, simples <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:matchplay..... what is this bullocks.

Just list the matches, predict, add the scores up.

Does not need over-complicating. <doh>

agree with smart.
just keep it simple

3 days of final quals, which is only 16 matches. just chilax

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:matchplay..... what is this bullocks.

Thats what he does <doh> And at the end the one with most points (Me, last time :D ) wins. The matchplay bit goes on, along side, under the counter, hurting no-one.......if you're intrested you can keep an eye on this, if your not, then forget about <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

Lucky balls wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:matchplay..... what is this oh matron.

Thats what he does <doh> And at the end the one with most points (Me, last time :D ) wins. The matchplay bit goes on, along side, under the counter, hurting no-one.......if you're intrested you can keep an eye on this, if your not, then forget about <ok>

Precisely, I'm not going to force anyone to watch the Matchplay as if its the final result think of it as a complimentary entry, the main event is who gets the most points wins, though Smart, you like making issues out of things dont tha'