Post a reply

UK Championships Good News about York BUT....

Postby PLtheRef

It would appear plans to reduce the United Kingdom Championship will go ahead.

The rumoured plans are that for the 2011 qualifiers for the UK will involve best of 11 frame matches from rounds one to four, with the traditional best of 17 format only coming in at the venue stage of the tournament.

Fan's opinion is very much against reducing the format, as was discussed in the aftermath of the UK Final where apparent changes it appeared likely to go on hold

Its a bad move, and nonsensical in terms of the tournament, the absolute minimum the qualifiers for the UK should be is best of 13, at the very very least. I see little point in playing one session matches to qualify for a multisession tournament

Re: UK Championships Good News about York BUT....

Postby Smart

Pad

Please supply a link to the source of this reduction rumour. I really need factual evidence, but I would say this is a horrendous move.

What sets the UK and Worlds tournies apart is there length of matches. This feels like a bastardisation of a great tourny. IF true. <ok>

Postby Casey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:ive sent a e mail telling barry hearn hes a lying bucking toss pot <ok>

good luck with that, I'd expect a response later tonight if not first thing tomorrow morning knowing how quick Bazza works :win: :wave: <ok>

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

well we cant just sit back do buck all let him walk all over us.

i say we make a protest by nobody attending Gloucester to watch qualifiers if they reduce it from best of 17.

Postby GJ

dave hendon

why should uk quals be best of 17? 20 years ago they were best of 11. 10 years ago they were best of 9

Adds pointless days to qualifiers

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:well we cant just sit back do intercourse all let him walk all over us.

i say we make a protest by nobody attending Gloucester to watch qualifiers if they reduce it from best of 17.

'we' ? When did you last attend :limp:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:well we cant just sit back do intercourse all let him walk all over us.

'we' ? When did you last attend :limp:

we them anyone just dont go to gloucster abnd hit them in the pockets

and gj where did dave say that because ill take bucking him on aswell.

tosser

Postby GJ

dave said

I love best of 17s at venue but playing best of 17 in quals doesn't mean a better standard of qualifier: same players win

Postby randam05

Wild, are qualifiers for this tournament or infact all tournaments moving to gloucester? :clap: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :excite: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :excite:

Postby Wildey

anyone who cares about the future of snooker should not go within a 100 yards of Gloucester for nothing to do with World Snooker.

im sorry sarah and paul but this is war

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:anyone who cares about the future of snooker should not go within a 100 yards of Gloucester for nothing to do with World Snooker.

im sorry sarah and paul but this is war

ARE THEY MOVING TO GLOUCESTER THOUGH?

I promise I wont go there wild, I just want to know.NOT.of course I would go there!

Postby Tubberlad

I'm disappointed that the qualifiers have been reduced, I'd keep them at best-of-17, but once the tournament itself is retaining it's format I'm not actually that worried.

Prepare for backlash...

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I'm disappointed that the qualifiers have been reduced, I'd keep them at best-of-17, but once the tournament itself is retaining it's format I'm not actually that worried.

Prepare for backlash...

its a slipperey slope qualifiers today last 32 tomorrow then last 16 after that...

put a stop to it NOW

NO MORE MR NICE GUY BARRY GOING TO FEEL MY bucking WRATH

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'm disappointed that the qualifiers have been reduced, I'd keep them at best-of-17, but once the tournament itself is retaining it's format I'm not actually that worried.

Prepare for backlash...

its a slipperey slope qualifiers today last 32 tomorrow then last 16 after that...

put a stop to it NOW

If the tournament itself is reduced, then yes, it's backlash time, but as disappointing as this call is, I don't think it's the end of the world.

Personally, I'm delighted the tournament is moving back to York :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

Prepare for backlash...

put a stop to it NOW

If the tournament itself is reduced, then yes, it's backlash time, but as disappointing as this call is, I don't think it's the end of the world.

Personally, I'm delighted the tournament is moving back to York :hatoff:

well i do and im putting a stop to it Barry not going to get away with this bullocks

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:im not going to tough the majors...

bullocks you bucking cockney runt

Fair enough, but are the qualifiers themselves actually included in that kind of statement?

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:im not going to tough the majors...

bullocks you bucking cockney runt

Fair enough, but are the qualifiers themselves actually included in that kind of statement?

changing the bog roll is included in that statement.