Topic locked

Which match are you most looking forward to?

Poll ended at 26 Apr 2011

Judd Trump vs Graeme Dott
18%
Ding Junhui vs Mark Selby
18%
Mark Williams vs Mark Allen
6%
Ronnie O'Sullivan vs John Higgins
59%

Total votes : 17

Re: Quarter Finals

Postby Caledonian Craig

Wrong. Some superb matches there. I am most looking forward to the Trump/Dott match AND O'Sullivan V Higgins match but the other matches will be crackers as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Caledonian Craig wrote:Wrong. Some superb matches there. I am most looking forward to the Trump/Dott match AND O'Sullivan V Higgins match but the other matches will be crackers as well.

My bad.

Postby GJ

dotty v trump and selby v ding

Postby Smart

Impossible question.

Dotty /Trump should be awesome........................

so should the rest.

Selby/DING could be a classic...................

ROS/Higgo tend to play great matches......................

Williams I feel will have too much for Allen IMHPO :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, I did think everybody would pick Higgins vs Ronnie. Just due to their tradition of playing epics.

Postby Tubberlad

I'm looking forward to Higgins-O'Sullivan most obviously, but every one of those is a quality match up <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:ive chosen ronnie v higgins but then its trump v squeek

Squeek?

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:

which match are you at Ron <ok>

williams v allen. im backing williams all the way :hatoff:

Postby DavieMac

Higgins v O'Sullivan just got the nod over Trump and Dott.

The other 2 could be crackers though. Tasty lineup :dinner:

Postby Rocket_ron

trumps on the other table so im hoping they are still playing to the devide goes up and i can watch my 2nd fave player Judd Trump fwc

Postby Alex0paul

:no:

Its ok for you to say squeek but not for others to say fat bastard etc?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:

:no:

Its ok for you to say squeek but not for others to say fat bastard etc?

It wasn't a criticism, I just didn't understand why you were calling it him. Is it because he is a pipsqueek?

Postby Caledonian Craig

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

:santa:

Its ok for you to say squeek but not for others to say fat bar steward etc?

It wasn't a criticism, I just didn't understand why you were calling it him. Is it because he is a pipsqueek?

Think it is more a reference to his squeaky voice - am I right?

Postby Bourne

Best quarter-final line-up ever, not just in the World Championship, not just in snooker, not just in sport, simply ever. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Ding vs Selby is the Match for me out of the 4.

Postby Bourne

Yeh I agree after Ding's win tonight, Selby's good form, Ding will now feel he has come back from the dead and has nothing to lose. If he can get an early good lead that will be a heavy, heavy match.

Postby rjclarke91

All the quater finals will be great for different reasons but the Allen-Williams matchup is the one i'm most looking foward for. At the start of the tournament i wouldn't have given Allen much of a chance given his forum and lack of preparation but after the first two matches I am changing my mind. Allen started to play much better from about 7-5 behind against Hawkins and if he can replicate that forum against Williams then he will need to be at his best to beat Allen. Williams is playing very well and was impressive against Cope but wasn't exactly put under any pressure by him. Could be a potential cracker me thinks but I have a feeling that Allen may edge it although as an Allen supporter I am prob slightly bias.
Last edited by rjclarke91 on 26 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

I'm looking forward to Williams v Allen and Dott v Trump but when the others are Ding v Selby and Ronnie v Higgins it's going to be bloody hard to choose which one to follow.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I'm looking forward to Williams v Allen and Dott v Trump but when the others are Ding v Selby and Ronnie v Higgins it's going to be bloody hard to choose which one to follow.

double vision will be required to view these. TV on with the main game your interested in and laptop showing the other game too. <ok>

(not the version of double vision i had in Sheffield) rofl

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:I'm looking forward to Williams v Allen and Dott v Trump but when the others are Ding v Selby and Ronnie v Higgins it's going to be bloody hard to choose which one to follow.

With all the talk of reducing the World Championship, we needed a big tournament this year. Well, those four quarter-finals are exactly what we needed. This is fantastic.

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:

With all the talk of reducing the World Championship, we needed a big tournament this year. Well, those four quarter-finals are exactly what we needed. This is fantastic.

I want Barry Hearn to do a press-conference tomorrow, the smile on his face would be :mosh2: He must be bucking loving it !

Postby jojo

well havent been able to see too much snooker over the last few days but the quarter final line up looks hot no disrespect but it better bingham is out the one im looking forward to the most is ronnie v higgins hope ronnie smashes him rips him to shreds ho i would love that so much i want ronnie to send higgins packing

make no mistake ronnie will be up for this tommorow yes it look like both players not quite at their best but ronnie when close in is deadly as ever think thats what it will come down to just fewer unforced errors from ronnie when in

his long game not what it was so higgins may have slight edge there but safety bouts not much really to choose between them in fact i might make ronnie slight favourite in that department as he will know his long potting not up to scratch he will treat higgins with repsect and refuse the long pots at least until he gets a decent lead and his confidence up

as for the other three quarter finals yes all very tasty i just hope williams doesnt run away with it against allen just hope allen can come out the first session no worse than 3-5 the first session from allens point of view is the most important of the match the longer he keeps with williams the better the chance he has of winning

the other two matches so difficult to call think they might both go to deciders however would like to see trump beat dott as dott already been there before trump being in the semis against selby or ding would be fantastic for the game

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:craig :hatoff:

and i think squeek is alot more light hearted than "fat bastard" and "parakeet"

It wasn't a criticism, I just wondered why you called it him.