Topic locked

Ding as favourite?

Postby randam05

How could ding be favourite please when he would have to over come selby in the quarters, dott or trump in the semis, and either higgins, murphy, ronnie, allen or williams in the final?? HOW HOW HOW!? Bingham is causing a problem for him in the second round let alone selby in the quarters and dott in the semis!

Answer me please :-)

Re: Ding as favourite?

Postby GJ

He is better in the business end of ranking events than wiggy

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:He is better in the business end of ranking events than wiggy

Don't matter, he isn't going to get there. Bingham is administering a hurting.

Postby Alex0paul

Twice a UK Champion, Masters Champion and nearly 200 centuries makes him a favourite.

Postby Roland

Who say's he favourite? Last time I looked Selby was favourite and Ding was behind Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins. I think he was 11/1 before this match even started.

Ding is a phenomenal player randam. Absolutely phenomenal. If you watched him at close quarters you would realise this. But saying that, he has been shocking today, absolutely shocking.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Who say's he favourite? Last time I looked Selby was favourite and Ding was behind Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins. I think he was 11/1 before this match even started.

Ding is a phenomenal player randam. Absolutely phenomenal. If you watched him at close quarters you would realise this. But saying that, he has been shocking today, absolutely shocking.

Stop talking about Selby, dammit. :grrr:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Who say's he favourite? Last time I looked Selby was favourite and Ding was behind Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins. I think he was 11/1 before this match even started.

He is close to being out of this match!

Postby GJ

perry was 4 behind bingham here in last 16 in 08

bingham will bottle it

ding will get better where as selby is peaking already

Postby Tubberlad

He has played terribly Randam, but to say Ding is not a good player is beyond ridiculous. He has won four ranking titles along with a Masters. In total, he has won three majors which is more than Doherty, Robertson, Ebdon or even White!

Postby randam05

I know he wasnt favourite by the bookies, but every pundit says hes ready for it and called him as a winner. And I just dont know why.

I know how good he is, Ive seen him in full flow and hes the best player when in that sort of form, but for the worlds he isnt good. Never has been. He may be ready for it in ten years time, but for the next 5 years + selby, murphy, ronnie, williams, higgins, allen, dott, and trump are much much stronger, especially in the long matches. He wouldnt stand a chance against any of them in the worlds, so why have 80% of snooker critics called him favourite?

Postby GJ

how is trump stronger in longer matches

he has won 2 matches here what else

where as ding has won 2 uk titles over long format

rubbish

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:I know he wasnt favourite by the bookies, but every pundit says hes ready for it and called him as a winner. And I just dont know why.

I know how good he is, Ive seen him in full flow and hes the best player when in that sort of form, but for the worlds he isnt good. Never has been. He may be ready for it in ten years time, but for the next 5 years + selby, murphy, ronnie, williams, higgins, allen, dott, and trump are much much stronger, especially in the long matches. He wouldnt stand a chance against any of them in the worlds, so why have 80% of snooker critics called him favourite?

They have called him a favourite as he is one of the very finest snooker players on the planet. He needs to sort himself out at the Crucible big time, this has been a pathetic display for a player of his callibre.

Postby randam05

I know how good he is! Theres no one better at the moment when on form. But if any player is up for it, like bigham, they can slowly pull him down so easily!

Hes not a favourite at the worlds this year and I dont think he will be favourite at the crucible for another ten years.

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:I dont think he will be favourite at the crucible for another ten years.

That is bull. He'll have more than one World Title won by then, you can mark me to that one. As long as he continues to be one of the best players in the world, he will be one of the favourites each year :hatoff:

Postby boris_the_butcher

It would be nonsense to suggest he is THE favourite given his past crucible history and the players remaining in the draw. The fact he trails Biingham of all players speaks volumes.

Postby GJ

RANDAM HIDING

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Postby Roland

Ding is class. If you can't see that you're a muppet.

Postby Roland

Selby will beat him but that doesn't mean it won't be another 13-10 or 13-11 er

Postby GJ

As a neutral i couldnt have pciked 4 better quarter finals

cant wait

Postby Tubberlad

I won't rub the result in, but tonight showed what a wonderful player Ding Junhui is. I can't understand why his mentality is brought up so much, it continues to be based on a match over 4 years ago, when he was an awful lot younger and less mature.

He has since won two more majors and tonight he actually upped his game no end with the pressure on, how many 'chokers' do that? He is quality.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Selby will beat him but that doesn't mean it won't be another 13-10 or 13-11 er

Selby peaked rofl

:hatoff:

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:I won't rub the result in, but tonight showed what a wonderful player Ding Junhui is. I can't understand why his mentality is brought up so much, it continues to be based on a match over 4 years ago, when he was an awful lot younger and less mature.

He has since won two more majors and tonight he actually upped his game no end with the pressure on, how many 'chokers' do that? He is quality.

very good post :hatoff:

Postby GJ

i know who dotty would rather face if he beats trump and he isnt chinese

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I won't rub the result in, but tonight showed what a wonderful player Ding Junhui is. I can't understand why his mentality is brought up so much, it continues to be based on a match over 4 years ago, when he was an awful lot younger and less mature.

very good post :hatoff:

Thanks, just doing my job :hatoff: