Poll ended at 25 Apr 2011

Judd Trump
40%
Graeme Dott
60%

Total votes : 25

World Championships 2011: QF - Trump 13-5 Dott

Postby Bourne

Our first quarter-final at this year's tournament is now known, and it will be between the 2006 champion Graeme Dott and the (surely) future world champion and star of the moment Judd Trump.

Dott has never lost at this stage of the tournament before, and has won 6 of his last 7 matches at this venue, while Trump is in the form of his life dispatching with Martin Gould in the last round with ease to extend his current record to 7 and 0 on tour.

Who do you see taking this one, where will the match be won and lost, is experience a key factor ... all the questions will be answered from Tuesday morning.

Re: World Championships 2011: QF - Trump vs Dott

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:Trump will be favourite because its Dott. He wasn't even favourite against Carter!

dotty was class today mate you should be proud

Postby Caledonian Craig

I think with the bookmakers Trump will be favourite as there is so much hype about him. Dott never gets the recognition he deserves just because he is not all flair. He is a gritty player who plays tough match play snooker and when it comes to guts there is no braver player in the game today. Parts of his safety play can let him down at times and I think it depends how Trump plays in the business end of the match if it becomes very tight. We know Dotty has the bottle so he'll have no fears but how Trump deals with it will be important (if it is close). I feel the winner of this Quarter-Final could very well make the final.

Postby GJ

Interesting dotty has a habit of beating young and up and coming players at the quarters stage in a decider

2006 beat a young robbo 13-12

2010 beat allen 13-12

will it be 3 in a row for the under rated scot

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Interesting dotty has a habit of beating young and up and coming players at the quarters stage in a decider

2010 beat allen 13-12

The only time he has played a qualifier in the quarters not only did he beat him, he won the world title :D

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:
GJ wrote:Interesting dotty has a habit of beating young and up and coming players at the quarters stage in a decider

2010 beat allen 13-12

The only time he has played a qualifier in the quarters not only did he beat him, he won the world title :D

:hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Graeme will have his work cut out. He'll need to use all his craft to keep the young lad at bay.

Indeed, I know Graeme has spoken about how he gets sick of being called all defense, but I think we might see him revert to that gamestyle in order to win. Nothing wrong with it of course, you play whatever style you need to do the job <ok> But I think Judd would beat him attack vs attack, quite comfortably too.

Postby Bourne

Judd has to be clinical this time, he gets away a bit too much with playing lackadaisical shots when he's 'won' a frame ie snookers ahead, but Graeme won't be so generous you'd assume.