Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 8 and enter the Rocket and The Greatest.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will be hoping to build on his first round Match and Stephen Hendry could be playing his last ever match at the Crucible.

Catch it Live on the BBC and Snooker Island the Home of Snooker on the Net. <ok>

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Saturday 23rd of April

10am

Judd Trump 11-5 Martin Gould conclusion
Mark Allen 3-5 Barry Hawkins

2.30pm

Graeme Dott 8-8 Ali Carter conclusion
Shaun Murphy v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Stephen Hendry v Mark Selby
Mark Allen v Barry Hawkins conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Hopefully Judd can mop up early and head off to Nandos for elevenses hahaha

im sure martin thought the same last year

ha ha

Postby Caledonian Craig

My predictions (not bad for Day Seven) for Day Eight is follows. I see Judd Trump wrapping up a 13 - 7 win against Martin Gould. I see Mark Allen pulling his match back to 8-8 in the morning. In the afternoon I see Shaun Murphy sharing the session with Ronnie at 4-4 and Graeme Dott sealing a 13-11 win against Ali Carter. In the evening I see Mark Selby taking a 5-3 lead (hope I am wrong) and Mark Allen sealing a 13-12 win against Barry Hawkins.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Hopefully Judd can mop up early and head off to Nandos for elevenses hahaha

Gould was thinking that 12 months ago :chin:

In your dreams wild haha you put that in writing that Trump will lose mate and i'll let you know about it for the rest of the year <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

In your dreams wild haha you put that in writing that Trump will lose mate and i'll let you know about it for the rest of the year <laugh>

i just said what gould was thinking :redneck:

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:

Indeed and I mentioned on twitter that if anyone knows that a 11-5 deficit in bo25 can be overturned its him. But as Matt said, Martin was the underdog last time round, this time its the favourite who's six frames up

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

i just said what gould was thinking :redneck:

Come on then say your worst about Trump today, did he not pott the balls quickly enough in the last 5 frames ? Did he look too miserable for your liking ? Did he have his bowtie undone a little bit too much rofl

Postby GJ

dennis taylor earlier

no player has come from 11-5 behind in round 2 for 5 years

what a deluded goof

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:The more I see Judd Trump the more I am impressed (though missed his session today as I was working). Still a bit too raw to win the world title I reckon as shot selection needs work but that will come in time and with experience.

We'll see.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Bourne wrote:
Caledonian Craig wrote:The more I see Judd Trump the more I am impressed (though missed his session today as I was working). Still a bit too raw to win the world title I reckon as shot selection needs work but that will come in time and with experience.

We'll see.

Remember he is yet to really face a player with great tactical nous in the tournament. Players whose safety would cause him big headaches are the likes of Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams and to win the title he will more than likely have to beat one or even two of those players.

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:
Bourne wrote:

We'll see.

Remember he is yet to really face a player with great tactical nous in the tournament. Players whose safety would cause him big headaches are the likes of Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams and to win the title he will more than likely have to beat one or even two of those players.

He'll only have to face one of those three at most, so I don't buy that argument. He beat a Selby in top form in his first ever final at this level by out-safteying him, he was up in the 90s again today ... but that's barely the point, who needs a great safety game when you can pot the way he does ?

Postby Caledonian Craig

Safety does play a big part though as any player will tell you. Sure I have been impressed by his potting (who hasn't) but he has also played a lot of loose safety shots as well but not been punished and those better players WILL punish him. That is why he must toughen up his tactical side of the game (in my opinion of course and a fair few others better qualified than me to judge).

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:Safety does play a big part though as any player will tell you. Sure I have been impressed by his potting (who hasn't) but he has also played a lot of loose safety shots as well but not been punished and those better players WILL punish him. That is why he must toughen up his tactical side of the game (in my opinion of course and a fair few others better qualified than me to judge).

Hatah :zzz: He plays a lot more good safeties than bad ones, I guess he's going to fall into that bracket that a lot of players have that he won't ever be allowed to improve other areas of his game to casual fans just because they originally know him as a 1D potter with no positional sense, no tactical brain, no touch play etc etc. bullocks <ok>

Postby GJ

Chumba

you always tell me not to take offense when people critiscise robbos game as their enitled to their opinions

maybe the same applies here

for you

ha ha

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Chumba

you always tell me not to take offense when people critiscise robbos game as their enitled to their opinions

for you

ha ha

They're entitled to their opinions, i'm entitled to tell them they're wrong, thus everyone's happy :-)

Postby Caledonian Craig

It is not a bad thing to have areas of your game that need work on and Judd Trump is no different. You think this is his year but I think he is still a tad raw but time will tell. Like I said yesterday he is certainly well placed to excel in the coming five or ten years once todays top players are on the wain or retired so there is no rush for Judd.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:Chumba

for you

ha ha

They're entitled to their opinions, i'm entitled to tell them they're wrong, thus everyone's happy :-)

<laugh>

Postby Bourne

Caledonian Craig wrote:It is not a bad thing to have areas of your game that need work on and Judd Trump is no different. You think this is his year but I think he is still a tad raw but time will tell. Like I said yesterday he is certainly well placed to excel in the coming five or ten years once todays top players are on the wain or retired so there is no rush for Judd.

Sorry but I hate that attitude, why can't he excel now ? No reason whatsoever, he's good enough now, he's proving that.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:dennis taylor earlier

no player has come from 11-5 behind in round 2 for 5 years

what a deluded I am a goof

Richi: "Mark Williams has reached the quarters for the first time since he won the title in 2003". :no: