Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

So Day 7 and after yesterdays 2 session its back to 3 sessions starting at 10am.

and Today we will find the identity of the first Quarter Finalist.....Mark Williams or Jamie Cope.

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Friday 22nd of April

10am

Graeme Dott v Ali Carter
Mark Williams 7-1 Jamie Cope

2.30pm

Judd Trump 5-3 Martin Gould
Mark Allen v Barry Hawkins

7pm

Graeme Dott v Ali Carter
Mark Williams v Jamie Cope conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!

Postby vodkadiet

Gould will give too many chances to the Bristol Rag Doll. Trump to win with something to spare. Having said that, maybe Gould didn't want to be 11-5 up going into the final session? :evilgrin:

Postby GJ

toughest match to call alex

if its close dotty should win but carter is capable of winning as well

Postby Caledonian Craig

Looking at tomorrows matches I think Graeme Dott will win through against Ali Carter but could be tight. After the first session I'll guess at Dott leading 5-3 with Dott leading 9-7 after the second session. Mark Williams could wrap up his match a session early but think he'll just miss out with Mark Williams wrapping up a 13 - 5 win. Mark Allen against Barry Hawkins depends on how Allen plays. If he reproduces the form he showed a couple of years ago then he could forge into a big lead but looked average against Stevens and I'll say Allen will take a 5-3 lead after their first session. As for the Trump/Gould second session I can see Trump pulling out a 10-6 lead.

Postby SnookerFan

Just thought I'd highlight this;

HIGGINS STROLLS PAST LEE

JOHN Higgins cruised into the second round of the world championship with a 10-5 victory over Stephen Lee.

Resuming at 6-3 the Scotsman promptly stretched his lead to 8-3 before Lee fought back ,winning the final two frames before the mid session interval to stay in contention at 8-5.
But Higgins soon snuffed out any thoughts that the Trowbridge professional may have had of sustaining a comeback when he dominated the 14th frame to lead 9-5 and finally finished off Lee with a break of 81 to seal victory and set up a second round match with Rory McLeod.

Meanwhile Mark Williams gave Jamie Cope in matchplay snooker as he opened up a commanding 7-1 advantage over the Staffordshire man. Cope guilty perhaps of some weak safety play. And Judd Trump, who knocked out defending champion Neil Robertson leads Martin Gould 5-3 at the end of their first session.

Suzy Jardine

In between all our drunken ramblings about last posts, the legend that is Suzy Jardine shows us her quality again. Personally I think she should have Rishi Persad's job. She knows more then he does. (And is better looking.)

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:Apparently Rishi Persad is from Trinidad & Tobago. I always thought he was from the sub-continent.

so did i indian or pakistani thought

Postby jojo

rishi is much better than hazel so if anyone wants replacing by suzy it should be hazel irvine not rishi he does his job well and doesnt pretend to know more than he does ie like hazel she will go on tryng to engage in intellectual snooker conversation with the others such as davis and parrot when it obvious she hasnt got the actual insight and she make herself look stupid doing it

rishi doesnt do this i dont care what he is indian trinidadan pakistanian he just presents like a presenter should do he states objective things and lets the analysers analyse hazel try to analyse herself and she bucking clueless most of the time rishi does his job well

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:rishi is improving and getting better

hazel is stuck up higgins backside

Agree and agree. Rishi is a nice guy, very professional if a little safe. I don't like him at the horses, but a bit better at the snooker without being mind blowing.

I always liked Hazel until the UK Championship where everything was Higgins this, and Higgins that. Much similar to Virgo & Taylor's annoying mutual masturbation to O'Sullivan.

Postby Bourne

Delighted with the start there 3-0 up so any lead was a shoo-in and I said pre-match 5-3 was the perfect score because Judd cannot relax one bit with this lead, another 5-3 tomorrow and we're looking good. Pumped !

Postby GJ

Taylor is a joke and backtracking mug

Tonight he said he disagreed with robbo saying trump made poor shot selection alot

Then a few mins laster willie said he though robbo had a point about trumps shot selection and taylor agreed with willie

taylor = hammer and golf this golf that ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:I still think Suzy would be good. Seriously. I like Hazel, don't think she needs to be replaced. But, that's by the by, I think Suzy would slot in excellently as a BBC snooker presenter. :mex:

:no:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I still think Suzy would be good. Seriously. I like Hazel, don't think she needs to be replaced. But, that's by the by, I think Suzy would slot in excellently as a BBC snooker presenter. :mex:

What?

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:

What?

no point replacing her unless its an improvment

;-)

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:

What?

no point replacing her unless its an improvment

;-)

I like Hazel, don't get rid of Hazel.... But whack Suzy in, that's all I'm saying. She's knowledgable, she could interview players. They could both be there, bring a bit of Girl Power to the BBC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Carter - Dott:
I think Carter will step up to the challenge, he usually plays his best snooker at the Crucible, it will be close but Carter for the win.

Williams - Cope:
Mark is after a one third of the game more than half way there, an easy win for the provisional no. 1.

Allen - Hawkins:
Mark will be inspired after that epic win and will let his natural talent flow. He will take this one, especially because Barry has problems under pressure.

Trump - Gould:
It will get very tight, a very open game in my opinion, obviously Trump the slight favourite. But Martin has fire in him and could see this match as his chance to finally get to that quarter final. Gould looked very determined today.