Topic locked

Martin Gould

Postby GJ

I have to say im becoming more and more a fan of him.

His attitude is just class and he keeps coming back and attacking no matter what the circumstances and some of his potting is just top drawer.

Last year when he played robbo he was so gracious in defeat and the way he has bounced back is just a credit to him.

He is now officially in my top 3 favourite players.

martin :hatoff:

Re: Martin Gould

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:Gouldy (ENG) :D

Selty (ENG)

:hatoff: :happy:

Postby PLtheRef

I'll have a fiver on Trump then ;)

Seriously though Martin has worked his way up the rankings, and he has turned into somebody noone wants to draw, Against 7 of the top 16, I'd expect him to win

Postby Bourne

Let's see if he's still there after he loses to Trump <laugh>

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:I'll have a fiver on Trump then ;)

Seriously though Martin has worked his way up the rankings, and he has turned into somebody noone wants to draw, Against 7 of the top 16, I'd expect him to win

Gouldy :D

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:I'll have a fiver on Trump then ;)

Gouldy :D

:hatoff: :happy:

Postby randam05

His attitude is actually fantastic. Especially how he took that defeat last year, yes.

Postby SnookerFan

I think Trump takes this one, if I'm honest. But Gould is another top-standard qualifier.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Let's see if he's still there after he loses to Trump <laugh>

To be fair mate i have admired goudl's style of play for a while he is now one of my top 3 favs

so i will be continuing to support him win or lose in this event

:hatoff:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:

To be fair mate i have admired goudl's style of play for a while he is now one of my top 3 favs

so this is not a BAND-WAGON alert, shall I cancel that call to 911.....................the BAND-WAGON police do not need to be in attendance. :win: <ok> :wave:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:

so this is not a BAND-WAGON alert, shall I cancel that call to 911.....................the BAND-WAGON police do not need to be in attendance. :win: <ok> :wave:

plenty do bandwagons i dont

Postby GJ

To be fair you were the first to praise gould when he faced stevens in worlds quallies

smart

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:To be fair you were the first to praise gould when he faced stevens in worlds quallies

smart

he has real swagger, very watchable, and there are lots of fans in the crucible who really like his style...............gives it a proper thwack :hatoff:

GJ :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:To be fair you were the first to praise gould when he faced stevens in worlds quallies

smart

he has real swagger, very watchable, and there are lots of fans in the crucible who really like his style...............gives it a proper thwack :hatoff:

GJ :hatoff:

He's got some audacity, using HHH's entrance music, mind. rofl

Postby Roland

When you meet him he's so laid back, he's almost at MJW level.

Did you see my tweet when I said I told him posters on the forum called him the "best right-handed single ball potter" and he loved it!

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:When you meet him he's so laid back, he's almost at MJW level.

Did you see my tweet when I said I told him posters on the forum called him the "best right-handed single ball potter" and he loved it!

yeah, totally got the laid back thing. Top man :hatoff:

Postby Roderick Slyme

I've just said on 606 that Gould is far from a formality for Judd Trump. He can beat anyone on his day, and I don't care who Trump beat in the first round, if Martin can play the way he did for the first two sessions against Robbo last year, he could blitz the youngster off the table.

Postby GJ

rod

i think gouldy is far more dangerous trailing than ahead so 3-5 isnt a disaster for him

how do you see murphy doing ?

Postby Bourne

Roderick Slyme wrote:I've just said on 606 that Gould is far from a formality for Judd Trump. He can beat anyone on his day, and I don't care who Trump beat in the first round, if Martin can play the way he did for the first two sessions against Robbo last year, he could blitz the youngster off the table.

Big if though Rod, in this format you simply have to play the consistent game right through or else you're going to fall short. Gould was immense for 99% of the match against Robbo, but that's not enough. Judd's a better all-round player and I am confident he'll get through unscathed.

Postby Roderick Slyme

Yep, I agree with what you are saying Bourne, but if Gould finds that form he showed last year, then Judd'll have his work cut out for him. Massive "if", but do you reckon Trump can come back the way Robbo did? In a way i'm kind of playing Devil's Advocate here, I have noticed quite a few people on 606 seemed to reckon Trump had a virtual bye into the quarters, purely from the way they both played in their first round matches. Ahhh, these two-week "experts".

I reckon Murphy'll be the dangerman he always is at Sheffield. I thought his first round score flattered him a little, and, judging from the way Ronald played, he'll have to improve a little from here on in. I'm actually cheering for Mark Allen as much as I am for Supermurph this year, but that would be because i've had a flutter on him at 25/1!

Postby Roland

If Gould can be no worse than 9-7 after session 2 then I think he's every chance. And bear in mind it finishes on the traditional slot where you get an exciting conclusion - last year Davis v Higgins.

Postby GJ

i agree gouldy is more dangerous when trailing so 9-7 down he is right in the match

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:i agree gouldy is more dangerous when trailing so 9-7 down he is right in the match

Haha is wild writing that for you ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:i agree gouldy is more dangerous when trailing so 9-7 down he is right in the match

Haha is wild writing that for you ?

no mate :hatoff:

Postby Roland

talking to yourself?