Poll ended at 22 Apr 2011

Mark Selby
86%
Stephen Hendry
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Stephen Hendry vs Mark Selby

Postby Bourne

Not a big fan of either but i'd prefer to see Hendo have one last run at this and then retire gracefully against the champion Ding in the next round, that's the best way to go out <ok>

Postby Sickpotter

I can't honestly expect Hendry to win this one but as this is likely his last hurrah I expect he'll make it close.

Lots of motivation for Hendry I think, I just hope he can bring some classic form to the match.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Not a big fan of either but i'd prefer to see Hendo have one last run at this and then retire gracefully against the champion Ding in the next round, that's the best way to go out <ok>

You seem super convinced Ding is going to win.

Postby Casey

Hendry will compete well in the first session, 4-4 or maybe even lead 5-3. However he won't keep it up and his game will fall apart the longer the match goes on. Selby 13-8

Postby Roland

Well I hope for a repeat of last year and Selby to win at a canter after an explosion of hoover mode frames to stretch to a 11-5 lead after 2 sessions.

Postby GJ

Hendo hasnt a prayer

:-(

Postby Roland

GJ, will you be my friend and support Selby by changing your avatar to a picture of him? <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:GJ, will you be my friend and support Selby by changing your avatar to a picture of him? <ok>

Knowing GJ's luck, I wouldn't be making that request :chuckle:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Not a big fan of either but i'd prefer to see Hendo have one last run at this and then retire gracefully against the champion Ding in the next round, that's the best way to go out <ok>

It's his year I can feel it <ok>

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:GJ, will you be my friend and support Selby by changing your avatar to a picture of him? <ok>

MY avatar means bad news for that player

so if you really wnat me to have selby as my avatar

no problem

:hatoff:

Postby Roland

I was countering Wild who asked for the same thing. But I feared Jimmy Robertson more than Hendry.

Postby GJ

ok when does this match start as my avatar for sat morning will be either shaun or ronnie

then selby or hendo after that

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:gj do us all a favour and change your avatar to john higgins at seven o clock ha

;-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:ok when does this match start as my avatar for sat morning will be either shaun or ronnie

please put Higgins as your avatar, it's probably the best chance to stop him

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:ok when does this match start as my avatar for sat morning will be either shaun or ronnie

its wasted now quarters onwards is a prime chance

:-)

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's his year I can feel it <ok>

I feel the same way about Ronnie, unfortunately. :-(

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

its wasted now quarters onwards is a prime chance

:-)

That makes sense :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

im relying on GJs Avatar to do the business on saturday,sunday and monday .

i think Selby will edge it but it will be closer than last year.

ps im voting for Hendry seeing 9-0 makes me feel like campbell in 1998 rofl

Postby Wildey

there's a myth hendry couldn't play safeties in his prime.....he did not want to that doesn't meen when he wanted to he couldnt.

1994 World semi with Davis that was tough hard matchplay hendry in the early part had to keep with Davis with great safeties before he overpowered him in the end.

and there's others.

but against Perry his Safeties was Rubbish Lets be honest and that wont be good enough against Selby.

Good safety game is linked to a good Long game so if your long potting is rubbish chances are your safeties aren't up to scratch.

long game is his Achilles heel these days when it was his strength.

Postby SnookerFan

I hear Hendry is contemplating retirement. Will this remove the pressure on him, and give Hendry a run like Steve Davis last year?

I doubt it, mind. Selby should be just too good.

Postby Caledonian Craig

People should remember that this is a Hendry handicapped by the yips for a number of years and not the same player that dominated the sport for many years. Pretty sure this will be his last visit to The Crucible as a player and I just hope he goes out with all guns blazing and does himself justice.

Postby Sickpotter

Caledonian Craig wrote:People should remember that this is a Hendry handicapped by the yips for a number of years and not the same player that dominated the sport for many years. Pretty sure this will be his last visit to The Crucible as a player and I just hope he goes out with all guns blazing and does himself justice.

:mosh2: :hatoff: