Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 5 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 5 at the Crucible and Selby and Higgins enters the Cauldron with Jimmy Robertson taking his bow.

and can Martin Gould overturn a 6-3 deficit against Marco Fu to reach the second round again ?

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Wednesday 20th of April

10am

Marco Fu 6-3 Martin Gould conclusion
Ricky Walden 4-4 Rory McLeod conclusion

2.30pm

Graeme Dott 6-3 Mark King conclusion
John Higgins v Stephen Lee

7pm

Mark Selby v Jimmy Robertson
Mark Allen 4-5 Matthew Stevens conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 5 Discussion !!

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how Higgins and Selby play, they're the last of the big contenders that have yet to show their hand.

I think we all know how they'll play.

The contenders and there are no more (but this is enough):

Ding
Trump
Selby
Williams
Higgins
O'Sullivan

3 from each half of the draw. I think Murphy v O'Sullivan will be good but Ronnie will be too determined not to lose to Shaun. Saying that, Shaun will not shy away as he proved in taking the shitclock crown from Ronnie last season so that is the round 2 match I'm personally looking forward to most. Really honestly don't care who wins that one.

Postby jojo

hopefully fat bastard flattens him and i mean literally aswell ha

higgins shouldnt be in this competition so hopefully there will be a small sense of justice in the snooker world after tomorrow afternoons and thursdays evening session

i will be supporting the fat bastard tomorrow make no mistake about it 5-4 scoreline either way i will accept right now
Last edited by jojo on 19 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Has your high break crept up Tubber? Are you playing again?

I played last Friday. My high break will be staying where it is for a while, although I did improve fairly steadily Sonny. I started off struggling to pot anything, but by the end of the night I got a 15 or something. My brother reckons I'll hit a half century in no time :hatoff: He's a really good player so it will do me good to play someone like that who I can learn from.

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:hopefully fat bastard flattens him and i mean literally aswell ha

higgins shouldnt be in this competition so hopefully there will be a small sense of justice in the snooker world after tomorrow afternoons and thursdays evening session

i will be supporting the fat bastard tomorrow make no mistake about it i 5-4 scoreline either way i will accept right now

what will you call lee if he has lost weight :hatoff: :-)

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:hopefully fat bar steward flattens him and i mean literally aswell ha

i will be supporting the fat bar steward tomorrow make no mistake about it 5-4 scoreline either way i will accept right now

pmsl <laugh>

Postby rebecca

Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing how Higgins and Selby play, they're the last of the big contenders that have yet to show their hand.

3 from each half of the draw. I think Murphy v O'Sullivan will be good but Ronnie will be too determined not to lose to Shaun. Saying that, Shaun will not shy away as he proved in taking the shitclock crown from Ronnie last season so that is the round 2 match I'm personally looking forward to most. Really honestly don't care who wins that one.

ShOtclock? rofl

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:

I played last Friday. My high break will be staying where it is for a while, although I did improve fairly steadily Sonny. I started off struggling to pot anything, but by the end of the night I got a 15 or something. My brother reckons I'll hit a half century in no time :hatoff: He's a really good player so it will do me good to play someone like that who I can learn from.

Good man. I'm thinking about getting myself a new cue although funding may be a problem especially after bandit Casey took all my money (not that I can remember a single game :redneck: )

As I said before, may as well hang on to final tickets then if Ronnie gets to the semis the price will elevate stupidly and I'd be a fool not to cash in.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:If Fu wins tomorrow he will be a dark horse to watch. He was cueing like a dream for 90% of that first session.

gouldy to win 10-9 again

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:If Fu wins tomorrow he will be a dark horse to watch. He was cueing like a dream for 90% of that first session.

Agree you can tell a player's in form when everything's going into the pockets without touching the sides and he's done that more than anyone in R1 for me.

Postby Roland

I knew I'd forgotten someone

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:

Agree you can tell a player's in form when everything's going into the pockets without touching the sides and he's done that more than anyone in R1 for me.

My mum had an each way bet on him at the start and laughed at her. Not laughing now.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

Good man. I'm thinking about getting myself a new cue although funding may be a problem especially after bandit Casey took all my money (not that I can remember a single game :redneck: )

As I said before, may as well hang on to final tickets then if Ronnie gets to the semis the price will elevate stupidly and I'd be a fool not to cash in.

isn't it illegal to resell your tickets for a profit? im sure it says something about it on the back of them... im not saying anything

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:

My mum had an each way bet on him at the start and laughed at her. Not laughing now.

What price she get, 50s odd ?

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
Bourne wrote:

What price she get, 50s odd ?

Think it was 60 or 66/1.

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

I have got the bug back too. Hoping to set a few practice matches up with randam before the start of the season.

Postby Roland

Rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

isn't it illegal to resell your tickets for a profit? im sure it says something about it on the back of them... im not saying anything

ebay is full of ticket sellers. :shrug:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

Ding
Trump
Selby
Williams
Higgins
O'Sullivan

Believe me Trump is no contender id back Hendry before him at the moment yes hes making strides and i expect him in the next 2 to 3 years to make a move but not this year.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Ding
Trump
Selby
Williams
Higgins
O'Sullivan

Believe me Trump is no contender id back Hendry before him at the moment yes hes making strides and i expect him in the next 2 to 3 years to make a move but not this year.

:weeds:

pmsl