Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 4 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

after the Scottish Drama of Day 3 for Hendry and Maguire with different Results its Enter Martin Gould back to the scene of his best ever snooker 12 months ago and a Repeat with Marco Fu and also enter the 2006 World Champion Graeme Dott.

plus more Rocket Power

Keep it here with Snooker Island <ok>

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Tuesday 19th of April

10am

Marco Fu v Martin Gould
Ricky Walden v Rory McLeod

2.30pm

Graeme Dott v Mark King
Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-2 Dominic Dale conclusion

7pm

Peter Ebdon 4-5 Stuart Bingham conclusion
Mark Allen v Matthew Stevens

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 4 Discussion !!

Postby Bourne

Fu vs Gould will be quality I reckon <ok> Fancy Walden to just have a bit too much scoring power for the McHighlander. Dott vs King is closer to call than a lot of people are giving King credit for imo, 5-4 either way after tomorrow PM. Ronnie will ease through probably no worse than 10-5 lol ... Bingham should beat Ebdon okay and then the second biggest match of the round Allen vs Stevens, which Allen turns up ? Will Stevens embrace the challenge ? Great day ahead :D

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Fu v Gould for me in the morning that will be exciting, Walden and McLeod could be a decent match up but a bit slow I expect 20 people to be there. Sully to beat Dale of course, Dott hopefully leads King and Bingham to beat Ebdon and Allen v Machew will go with Allen of course as he is my fave player, but wouldn't mind if Machew won either, will be keeping my eyes wide open for that match in the next two days.

Postby Tubberlad

I'm very happy that Barry Hawkins has taken a win at the Crucible against a top ten player. There's now way he deserves to be placed alongside the likes of Campbell, Burnett & Harold. Okay, he looked edgy, but the aforementioned would have rolled over against Maguire, absolutely certain of it.

Postby jojo

harold has played in two ranking finals though and if im brutally honest in the final session the only frame hawkins didnt make a mistake in was the decider

every other frame she needed at the very least two good chances but i give her lots of credit the way she played the decider it was perfect snooker stemming from the break off shot

Postby jojo

and i just want to say early that tomorrow i will be rooting for walden as i went for him to win in the prediction contest and also because it keeps things interesting in terms of players fighting for a top sixteen place

now you know me i got nothing against blacks if you been reading some of my previous posts i like rory mcleod i got a soft spot for him i said before it would be good to have a bit of black up there in snooker but tomorrow i will be rooting for his opponent so i dont want people thinking theres something sinister because i want walden to win as ive mentioned

Postby Tubberlad

jojo wrote:now you know me i got nothing against blacks if you been reading some of my previous posts i like rory mcleod i got a soft spot for him i said before it would be good to have a bit of black up there in snooker

<laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

jojo wrote:harold has played in two ranking finals though and if im brutally honest in the final session the only frame hawkins didnt make a mistake in was the decider

every other frame she needed at the very least two good chances but i give her lots of credit the way she played the decider it was perfect snooker stemming from the break off shot

Hawkins had a go. He made mistakes and looked edgy, but at least he had a go. He's not your classic journeyman, he plays positively and will nearly always give players a decent match. The journeymen turn up to venues and get spanked, see Campbell, Harold & Burnett.

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:and i just want to say early that tomorrow i will be rooting for walden as i went for him to win in the prediction contest and also because it keeps things interesting in terms of players fighting for a top sixteen place

now you know me i got nothing against blacks if you been reading some of my previous posts i like rory mcleod i got a soft spot for him i said before it would be good to have a bit of black up there in snooker but tomorrow i will be rooting for his opponent so i dont want people thinking theres something sinister because i want walden to win as ive mentioned

Crystal clear pmsl

Postby jojo

gj i sent you a pm pal to apologise not sure if it went through not good with all this technological stuff so if it didnt go through i want to apologise for the way i been behaving towards you the last few days especially today hope all is ok and i say good luck stevens for tomorrow

Postby SnookerFan

Fu vs Gould will just be for the right to lose to Trump. I can see Ronnie winning this handily. I hope it isn't 10-2. I really fancied seeing a bit of Dale at The Crucible, but that isn't going to happen. I hope he doesn't just become another heavily scored against qualifier though. Ronnie, know he's got an easy game out of the way will have his confidence back, and will take great pleasure in beating Murphy in the next round. After winning today, Ronnie will be a cast-iron certainty to get to the final.

Allen vs Stevens will be a good match though.

Postby wheelsofsteel

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Allen v Machew will go with Allen of course as he is my fave player, but wouldn't mind if Machew won either, will be keeping my eyes wide open for that match in the next two days.

Get your excuse note/cover bet in early

Postby SnookerFan

What does everybody see happening in Ronnie vs Dale? Obviously a Ronnie win is all but a certainty now, but can Dale win any more frames?

I got such mixed reports yesterday. I got texts after work people saying; "Ronnie is playing well", but people on here suggested he wasn't and that Dale was. This was counteracted when I read the headline on one website; "Ronnie leads nervy encounter, comes close to getting two 147s."

To me it sounds like Ronnie was playing very, very well but missing the odd ball. And that Dale was playing a bit crap. Is this justified, or does the score flatter Ronnie? Can Dale take it past the mid-session interval?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I hope wild will behave himself this morning during the Walden match :irk:

In what sense?

See the Day one thread :-(

Day 1 is history. :sad:

aparantly i made a racist coment <doh>