Topic locked

Re: My prediction for the final....

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie is going to have a good run, I reckon. He'd have pulled out if he didn't want to play, this announcement beforehand was just attention seeking. And he's got a sports psychologist.

Judd is in form, and is on the easier side of the draw.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Snookerfan why haven't you entered the prediction contest?

I'm not going to be near a computer for the end of the semis or the final, as I will be in Sheffield. It would only annoy me if we were at a critical stage, and I couldn't enter a final prediction. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I was thinking the same. It would be the dream final. Snookers equivalent to Hogan-Warrior.

Those of us old enough to remember that are showing our age. <laugh>

Anyway, it wouldn't be my dream final. I want Williams, Higgins or Ding to win. But it's bound to be a final I don't like, as I've shed out a lot of money to watch it.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I'm not old enough to remember Hogan-Warrior, which gives me less excuse for knowing about it :emb:

I'm not really fussed who the final pairing is, any combination would be pretty good. But from Hearns point of view O'Sullivan-Trump would be the peoples champ versus the new peoples champ. If Trump were to win it would be the passing of the torch in a way a Trump win over Higgins or Williams wouldn't. Either of them against Ding would be the other one that would get huge interest.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I'm not old enough to remember Hogan-Warrior, which gives me less excuse for knowing about it :emb:

I'm not really fussed who the final pairing is, any combination would be pretty good. But from Hearns point of view O'Sullivan-Trump would be the peoples champ versus the new peoples champ. If Trump were to win it would be the passing of the torch in a way a Trump win over Higgins or Williams wouldn't. Either of them against Ding would be the other one that would get huge interest.

I'm old enough, I was 9 when they 'fought'. Though I hated wrestling as a kid, came into it more as a mid-teenager. Saw the match years later on video. It was actually pretty rubbish.

Postby kostasmad

hahahahah...i snake hissed myself laughing when i saw the Hogan-warrior line...was it wrestlemania 7?

Those were the days...lol

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:I'm not old enough to remember Hogan-Warrior, which gives me less excuse for knowing about it :emb:

I hate O'Sullivan, and would rather chop my idiot off then see him in a second live World Final. Judd Trump is okay, I guess. But I think it's weird how people are suddenly jumping on the bandwagon, calling him the people's champion. His play has suddenly become awesome, but he isn't particularly charismatic,

Postby SnookerFan

kostasmad wrote:hahahahah...i snake hissed myself laughing when i saw the Hogan-warrior line...was it wrestlemania 7?

Those were the days...lol

Kids. Tut. It was Wrestlemania 6. Hogan beat Sgt. Slaughter for his third world title at Wrestlemania 7.

I mean, I don't know. :emb:

Postby Bourne

This is potentially the shout of the century but even at this point I don't see it happening.

Postby Roland

I certainly don't see Ronnie playing well enough to fulfil his part of the bargain.

Postby SnookerFan

Higgins is finally poised at 4-4. It was said before the tournament, that whoever won the Trump/Robertson match would get to at least the semis....

I should've put money on this. :D

Though, if I'm honest. I'd rather watch Sonny's prediction of a Selby vs Williams final.