Topic locked

Stevens Support Thread

Postby GJ

Matthew has been in really good form since the turn of the year playing well at the welsh open , worlds quallies and in the championship league.

His only blip was in the china open in his defeat to the GOAT hendo.

Anyway overall im very positive on stevens chances at this years worlds and i hope he can finally lift his first world title this year.

All the best to Matthew in his quest for crucible glory in 2011.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Re: Stevens Support Thread

Postby Bourne

I really like his draw if i'm honest, Allen is tough over the longer-distance but Stevens imo is tougher, his problem was getting here but now he's at the venue he's a proper danger.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I really like his draw if i'm honest, Allen is tough over the longer-distance but Stevens imo is tougher, his problem was getting here but now he's at the venue he's a proper danger.

theres a question Mark over Allens Health.

so at the moment his record at the crucible in resent years is immaterial.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I really like his draw if i'm honest, Allen is tough over the longer-distance but Stevens imo is tougher, his problem was getting here but now he's at the venue he's a proper danger.

theres a question Mark over Allens Health.

so at the moment his record at the crucible in resent years is immaterial.

I'm still not sure what to make of that really, like when did it start to become serious, how's it affected his practice, is he able to switch off when he's playing snooker and forget about his problems etc ? We'll properly find out when the match starts but I think even a level playing field Stevens has a great chance the way he's improved his form in recent months.

Postby Tubberlad

Allen's troubles seem to have been there over a long period, it's just that he's recently gotten a diagnosis. Allen HAS NOT been playing that badly. He made the semi-finals of two majors, so I'm not taking this match lightly at all.

Anyway, I digress, best of luck Matthew.

Postby jojo

i dont mnd who wins ive got stevens to win in the predictions however part of me wants to see allen win otherwise he drops out the top 16

it will be tight but i think stevens will win ive explained many times before on various threads cant be bothered to do it again ha

Postby vodkadiet

If Stevens could win the title, only a Jimmy White victory would have been more popular.

It would be great if it happened.

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:If Stevens could win the title, only a Jimmy White victory would have been more popular.

The only player nowadays who can match any of the following White had would be O'Sullivan, the thing is for everyone who loves him there's someone who hates him.

Do you really think a Stevens win would be THAT popular or are you on the snake hiss take :chuckle: I know he's well liked, but I reckon there's an awful lot of people out there who wouldn't recognise him. Can't say that for White.

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If Stevens could win the title, only a Jimmy White victory would have been more popular.

The only player nowadays who can match any of the following White had would be O'Sullivan, the thing is for everyone who loves him there's someone who hates him.

Do you really think a Stevens win would be THAT popular or are you on the pass water take :chuckle: I know he's well liked, but I reckon there's an awful lot of people out there who wouldn't recognise him. Can't say that for White.

I am referring to those who have followed the game closely for more than a decade. I am not referring to your casual fan. An O'Sullivan victory would be what your fan of only a passing interest would like.

Postby Tubberlad

That is true, but I'm not sure if people want a win that badly for Stevens. I'd love to see it, I was devestated after the 2005 final, and have long since given up hope on him. Things have improved, but he will be a long way from the title.

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:That is true, but I'm not sure if people want a win that badly for Stevens. I'd love to see it, I was devestated after the 2005 final, and have long since given up hope on him. Things have improved, but he will be a long way from the title.

So was Jimmy White for many years, but it didn't stop his fans hoping.

Postby SnookerFan

Look at vodkadiet's avatar pic. It's Rafa Benitez. rofl

Moving back to topic, I'm looking forward to Stevens vs Allen. I don't think there's much in it. But if Mark Allen's health problems are as serious as made out, then you'd have to fancy Matthew. I think it'll be an interesting one. I'm uber-glad both sessions are evening sessions. Meaning I get to watch the match in it's entirety on getting home from work.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Look at vodkadiet's avatar pic. It's Rafa Benitez. rofl

:weeds:

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Look at vodkadiet's avatar pic. It's Rafa Benitez. rofl

:weeds:

Look at Bourne loser's avatar, it is a Rag Doll! A rag doll with learning difficulties(like the poster himself).

:-D

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne loser

As you were feeling left out, I have decided to use you as my avatar today.

So other users are aware, this is a photo of you waiting for Judd to come out to play on Saturday night!

I'm glad I didn't see the mess after The Bristol intellectual Rag Doll had won!

rofl

Postby kostasmad

Come on Matthew...There are still some big games left in you...if he beats Allen, he has a bye in the 16-phase...then the tough games start...

However I would be happy with a place in the quarters...it may mean top-10 for him...i am sure no one would expect that in the beggining of the year...he was considered dead meat...

Postby Bourne

I remember bigging up Matthew as a valid contender about 4 months ago and Sonny laughed at me :D

Postby wheelsofsteel

Bourne wrote:I remember bigging up Matthew as a valid contender about 4 months ago and Sonny laughed at me :D

I will wait until afterwards rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Look, I like Stevens plenty, but I'm going to start twiddling silver before he wins The World Championship.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:Look, I like Stevens plenty, but I'm going to start twiddling silver before he wins The World Championship.

:chin: :weeds:

Postby GJ

nice start stevens

Postby Bourne

Scoreline really doesn't reflect the play which will please Matthew since he can only improve.