Post a reply

Andrew Pagett

Postby Bourne

I'd imagine it's likely that Pagett's run at this year's World Championships was the first we've seen of him (Matt PSB's short vid in his qualies win was the first I saw him play) but to a wider audience it was his first TV ranking appearance this week against Cope and he acquitted himself well with a 10-7 defeat.

But will it be the last we see of him, or has he got a chance of making it up the rankings into the top-32 or better ? For me he seemed very nervous and missed a lot of easy balls but you can just tell with his style around the table he's got a lot of easy talent and just seems unable to properly maximise it at the moment. His 'broken play' game is superb, not seen many players be able to lay snookers so relentlessly well as him.

So do you think TV viewers will be coming to know Pagett much better now or will he be another in a line of streaky players who had their moment in the sun but disappear ?

Re: Andrew Pagett

Postby GJ

A one off mate IMO he missed far to many sitters and hs cueing was far to erratic

Cope was there for the taking and pagget was average

Postby Alex0paul

I think he will gain a huge amount of confidence going into next season so it will be interesting to see how he starts. I can definitely see him qualifying for a lot more tournaments in time but I don't think he will ever come close to winning something.

Postby GJ

Zhanger showed far more last year at the worlds

Postby vodkadiet

That match today with Cope was one of the worst standard matches I have ever seen at The Crucible. It was pathetic. A qualifier from the 70s would have beaten Cope.

Postby jojo

pagett is 28 and this his debut at the crucible and that says a lot

of the bits i did see of the match he didnt look anything special and looked stupid with that pink girlie tracksuit bottom on he will be a journeyman at best

i agree the standard of the match throughout was awful mark williams got nothing to worry about in the second round if cope plays like this

Postby Tubberlad

I think he played okay in the opening session, it was relatitvely entertaining, but over the course of the entire game Cope was nothing special, and Pagett was considerably less special again.

Postby randam05

Moment in the sun then disssapear, I dont think he had an amazing game really. The only reason he gave it a fight is because cope was crap as always.

Postby SnookerFan

He must have something about him, I mean he did qualify. People forget how difficult it is to play at venue for the first time, let alone play at The Crucible as your first. So, yes, he did miss a lot of pots. But some first-timers have looked a lot worse then Pagett did. We won't know how much of that was the real Pagett until next season, to see what he does.

On saying that, the way Cope was playing, he'd have made anybody look good. As I type this Cope is down 7-1 to Mark Willaims. Says it all.

Pagett seemed to be an interesting, attack-minded player. And a nice guy. I hope it's not the last we've seen on him.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I was expecting someone younger

Was he not the hunk that you were expecting? rofl