Topic locked

Well done Trump

Postby GJ

Congrats to him and his biggest fan bourne too good on the day

:hatoff:

Hopefully now judd is top 16 we will see them have epec battles in the 1 table set up were both belong

Judd :hatoff:

Bourne :hatoff:

ps

Robbo bashers can rot they moan saying i stay away for a while when they did exactly the same thing when robbo was winning last year

hypcorites :boo:

SMART isnt included in those who can rot as rexy is always consistent in his behaviour and posting :hatoff:
Last edited by GJ on 17 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Well done Trump

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Provisionally 9th mate :hatoff:

my new avatar as he is my only fav left in

Postby Rocket_ron

GJ wrote:

nice one GJ. keeping in the avatar spirit :hatoff:

when ronnie loses to Murphy i will change mine :evilgrin:

Postby jadechelsea

Well done it was very good from you. Especially just after you have won the china open because people when they win the china open they don't do very good in the WC :clap: <ok>

Postby kostasmad

Well done GJ.

True Gentleman. Hopefully Stevens, wont let us down so soon...

Postby GJ

kostasmad wrote:Well done GJ.

True Gentleman. Hopefully Stevens, wont let us down so soon...

cheers

how do you see matthew doing ?

Postby kostasmad

I have a feeling he will progress to the Quarters with ease. like 10-5 with Allen and 13-9 with Maguire or Hawkins.

Lets hope i am proven right...

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:

What about Perry?

Postby GJ

kostasmad wrote:I have a feeling he will progress to the Quarters with ease. like 10-5 with Allen and 13-9 with Maguire or Hawkins.

Lets hope i am proven right...

im confident as he has as good a draw up to the quarters as he could have had :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:
GJ wrote:

What about Perry?

stevens is higher in my list

sorry joseph :-(

Postby Tubberlad

Fair play GJ. How do you see Trump doing from here? I've got to be honest, I thought he looked very comfortable against Robbo, particularly in the evening session.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:Fair play GJ. How do you see Trump doing from here? I've got to be honest, I thought he looked very comfortable against Robbo, particularly in the evening session.

i would love to see him face gouldy TBH could be a classic if he beats martin or fu i think he will make the semi's and then who knows ;-)

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Fair play GJ. How do you see Trump doing from here? I've got to be honest, I thought he looked very comfortable against Robbo, particularly in the evening session.

i would love to see him face gouldy TBH could be a classic if he beats martin or fu i think he will make the semi's and then who knows ;-)

Very gracious :hatoff:

I have him in my top four contenders right now

Postby GJ

well i can have no complainst robbo has had good draws in round 1 last 3 years bond , davis and fergal so he was due a toughy

Robbo has bounced back well from adversity in the past like losing to slim line in 2009 worlds so im confident he will do the same next season

and as he said last night the way he played he would ahve ebaten most if not all other qualifiers so no complaints here

Next year he can have another crack at the worlds and will have no Bloody curse stopping him ;-) :-(

Postby GJ

how do you see stevens doing

im hoping he could reallygo deep this year

Postby Tubberlad

I reckon quarter-finals for Stevens. The Allen one is still 55/45 for me in favour of Stevens, but it's tight, obviously. I think he would win a second round match against Hawkins or Magurie should he get that far, but don't see much further than the last eight. I'll definitely take it though considering how bad he's been over the last few years

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:I reckon quarter-finals for Stevens. The Allen one is still 55/45 for me in favour of Stevens, but it's tight, obviously. I think he would win a second round match against Hawkins or Magurie should he get that far, but don't see much further than the last eight. I'll definitely take it though considering how bad he's been over the last few years

if he hets his form going from first 2 rounds you never know :-)

Postby Tubberlad

Yeah, you'd never know. I'm quite happy with the prospects he has though because I've given up on him winning it about four years ago after the Murphy game. He really has prosepered under the new set-up though.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ, I know how tough yesterday must have been for you. Been there myself. The worst thing was the emptiness inside on the following day.

Robbo will be back, but he has to learn from his defeat, he took liberties he shouldn't have this season.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:Yeah, you'd never know. I'm quite happy with the prospects he has though because I've given up on him winning it about four years ago after the Murphy game. He really has prosepered under the new set-up though.

yes because in the old system he got so lazy now he is getting lots of match practice and is doing well :hatoff:

I think robbo should take ptc's more seriousuly next season as they will help build form for the other events

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Yeah, you'd never know. I'm quite happy with the prospects he has though because I've given up on him winning it about four years ago after the Murphy game. He really has prosepered under the new set-up though.

yes because in the old system he got so lazy now he is getting lots of match practice and is doing well :hatoff:

I think robbo should take ptc's more seriousuly next season as they will help build form for the other events

Definitely. If Robertson won a PTC next year, you'll see a big pick up in performance. I can understand why they were put to one side this year, he's a Dad now and some things are more important than snooker I guess. But next year he should put a bit more focus in, his season tailed off pretty poorly after the World Open.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ, I know how tough yesterday must have been for you. Been there myself. The worst thing was the emptiness inside on the following day.

Robbo will be back, but he has to learn from his defeat, he took liberties he shouldn't have this season.

good point i think he though i will peakfor the worlds but under the new system for extra events you have to build form and not just say i will play well for the big one

Hopefully he will learn from this though :-)

Postby GJ

Thank goodness stevens beat fergal in that decider or i would be gutted as both my main favourites would be out at this stage

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ look what I found:

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Least favourite memory?
Ronnie losing to Mark Allen after having an 9-7 lead. Not so much why and how but the fact that he wasn't the mighty World Champion anymore. It just hurts so much - GJ will be witnessing the same this year - especially because I thought just like GJ now: I thought my favourite was unbeatable and would surely be defending his title.

I wrote that on 21. Feb. 2011.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ look what I found:

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Least favourite memory?
Ronnie losing to Mark Allen after having an 9-7 lead. Not so much why and how but the fact that he wasn't the mighty World Champion anymore. It just hurts so much - GJ will be witnessing the same this year - especially because I thought just like GJ now: I thought my favourite was unbeatable and would surely be defending his title.

I wrote that on 21. Feb. 2011.

:hatoff: :-(

Postby onlyevertonjon

Good on yah GJ. <ok>

Like to see a bloke who can dish it out and take it. There warning signs were there all morning especially as Taylor and Virgo said he looked edgy backstage. Would have made a good match at any stage that

I'll be in a similar boat on Tuesday when Ronnie goes out. I hope Gould goes far.

Postby GJ

ronnie wont lose its a perfect draw for him

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJ wrote:ronnie wont lose its a perfect draw for him

Ronnie could be playing me and I would fancy winning!