Topic locked

Betfred.Com World Championship Day 3 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Crucible Theatre, Sheffield 16th of April~2nd of May

Day 3 at the Crucible sees the Rocket get off the Launchpad or a pathetic Damp Firework of a Rocket ??

Tune in to find out <ok>

DRAW and SCORES

WORLD SNOOKER

BBC & LIVE STREAMING

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Monday 18th of April

10am

Ding Junhui 8-1 Jamie Burnett conclusion
Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins

2.30pm

Stephen Hendry 6-3 Joe Perry conclusion
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Dominic Dale

7pm

Peter Ebdon v Stuart Bingham
Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins conclusion

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 3 Discussion !!

Postby Bourne

Afternoon matches are :hatoff: Mags vs Bazza doesn't excite me that much but I really hope Bazza makes a match of it. Ding will polish off Burnett easily, hopefully without the need for an MSI. Ebdon vs Bingham is a proper 50/50 match.

Postby simplysnooker

Day plan for me: an hour revision in the morning, followed by the last couple of frames of Ding/Burnett. Then the mammoth 4hr 40min lunchtime BBC coverage which will hopefully feature Ronnie/Dale, if not onto the red button for that. And then to finish off Ebdon/Bingham :)

Postby Tubberlad

I actually think Maguire - Hawkins could be a good little game. Hawkins can certainly play a bit, and I think he'll really push Maguire. Hawkins has never won a game here, but he'll have a better chance against Maguire than most, if he can get him doubting it's half the battle.

Looking forward to see how Ronnie plays. I'm fully prepared for a fairly mediocre display in all honesty, and would be happy enough with a first session lead of any description.

I hope Bingham can give Ebdon a good match, that's one that hangs in the balance. Should be a good day's play all in all.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:hopefully the beeb concentrate on hendo match as its in last session

They won't. Ronnie rules all in the televised snooker world, and there's so much talk about his troubles right now...

Postby DavieMac

I can see Mags making hard work of this match :mood:

Still think he'll have enough but it'll be tight. Will be interesting to see how Ronnie plays. No doubt he'll make it through comfortably in the end.

Postby GJ

DavieMac wrote:I can see Mags making hard work of this match :mood:

Still think he'll have enough but it'll be tight. Will be interesting to see how Ronnie plays. No doubt he'll make it through comfortably in the end.

hawkins is as mentally tough as day mags to win 10-6

Postby DavieMac

GJ wrote:
DavieMac wrote:I can see Mags making hard work of this match :mood:

hawkins is as mentally tough as day mags to win 10-6

Seen Mags lately?... Throws a wobbly at the 1st sign of a miss.

Postby DavieMac

GJ wrote:dave

what ever happneed to the form he showed agianst robbo in 08 awesome snooker that day

Yeah, great match. He showed glimpses of that form in the Welsh but that was the 1st time in 2/3 seasons he's played like that. The allegations over his match with Burnett certainly affected his game.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:dave

what ever happneed to the form he showed agianst robbo in 08 awesome snooker that day

That was the last really great performance from Maguire. That guy was an awesome player when he wanted to be, but has no bottle whatsoever. I put him in the same league as Stevens when it comes to bottle breaking.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tomorrow the big day for Ronnie. I'm fully prepared - I know anything can happen this season. I don't take ANYTHING for granted, but Ronnie has to win this match. Otherwise it's all over. Three first round defeats in all majors would be devastating. I don't care if wins due an outrageous fluke on the respotted black on 9-9. A take any win. In the first round Ronnie is most vulnerable, if he gets running and sees a light at the end of the tunnel he'll get going. Ronnie has a chance against the mighty Murphy.

But Ronnie, come on, win this match!!!!

Postby GJ

if its ronnie v murphy i wonder whats odd the books will have after murphys easy win today ....

Postby Wildey

i dont give a toss whitch match the beeb concentrates on just

and then not got to listen to Steve Davis and John Parrott talking rubbish <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:i dont give a toss whitch match the beeb concentrates on just

and then not got to listen to Steve Davis and John Parrott talking poo <ok>

And yet you always seem to make a comment on them when they say something you disagree with :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:snookerislandSnooker Island
I just met Mark Williams!!!
3 minutes ago

bad monkey

well he will be sleeping tonight with the sheets like a tent rofl

Postby Wildey

Last Time Stephen Hendry held a 6-3 or more lead going in to the second session of a 1st round match was in 2005 when he had a 7-2 lead over Robbo.

2006 Hendry 3-6 Bond
2007 Hendry 4-5 Gilbert
2008 Hendry 3-6 Allen
2009 Hendry 4-5 Williams
2010 Hendry 5-4 Zhanger

Postby Bourne

I think 5-4 would have been fair today but Perry lacked a clinical edge in the first session and let Hendry off the hook too often. Can't see Perry getting in front again in the match but he could make it a bit sweaty.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I think 5-4 would have been fair today but Perry lacked a clinical edge in the first session and let Hendry off the hook too often. Can't see Perry getting in front again in the match but he could make it a bit sweaty.

break-building wise Hendry deserved a 6-3 lead

2 centuries and another 4 breaks over 50 so that part of his game is improving thank buck but your right that only tells half the story.

Postby Tubberlad

Hendry is in a better place this year than he was last. I think he's actually played better this season, but consistency still remains a massive problem right now. Obviously his days of winning tournaments are long gone, but he's still a tough nut, and I certainly didn't expect Perry to beat him before this tournament.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I think 5-4 would have been fair today but Perry lacked a clinical edge in the first session and let Hendry off the hook too often. Can't see Perry getting in front again in the match but he could make it a bit sweaty.

break-building wise Hendry deserved a 6-3 lead

2 centuries and another 4 breaks over 50 so that part of his game is improving thank intercourse but your right that only tells half the story.

It was 2011 version Hendry in a nutshell wasn't it, half superb old Hendo, half missing 7/10 pots by a mile (some he wasn't even bucking jawing) :irk: Surely one of these days he's going to put all the good things into one match and blow a good player away

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Hendry is in a better place this year than he was last. I think he's actually played better this season, but consistency still remains a massive problem right now. Obviously his days of winning tournaments are long gone, but he's still a tough nut, and I certainly didn't expect Perry to beat him before this tournament.

after christmas hes been a different player from that pathetic UK Display ....he just needs a good run in a tournament to get confidence....i still think the way his A Game has been this season its well good to win tournaments but he goes from playing well to Z Game in no time.