25 andrew higginson 29420
26 mark king 29210
27 joe perry 28750
28 ryan day 28185
29 ken doherty 28060
30 liang wenbo 27950
31 dominic dale 27715
32 gerard greene 26430
Last edited by jojo on 01 May 2011, edited 28 times in total.

Re: live rankings update during world championships

Postby GJ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Roland

So Judd is provisionally top 10. Obviously those below him will push him back down a bit but he's well on the rise to the top already.

Speaking of which, I'm still loving the top 2 :D

Postby Bourne

Top 10 is good but I know he should and will get much higher than that, just proves that everyone who was getting twitchy asses about him not being the end product are looking very stupid, players develop at their own unique rate and JT is only 21 still.

Postby jojo

even if judd wins the tournament he wont move up any more places but his top sixteen place is guaranteed

tomorrow morning if cope wins as expected that puts a bit more pressure on hendry going into his match against honest joe who himself would have to reach the semi finals to stand a chance of getting into the elite

realistically only three remaining top sixteen places up for grabs from 14 down

Postby jojo

well i didnt see much of the china open except the second session in the final and i was really impressed with him in that match because selby put him under so much pressure and he came through it with flying colours

similarly today he beat robertson he lost a few frames he should have won but it didnt get to him and when he had decent chances he took them

i still think his shot selection is suspect and a player like higgins aka parakeet or williams will be too much for him but i can see him beating anyone else he plays that is if he cuts out the silly shots now and again when he still doesnt want to play safe and pushed the boat out but the more he progresses naturally he will learn to curb these shots

from what i see at the end in china and today his temperament is not a problem he got the bottle for the big occasion of that im totally convinced and these last few matches hes played his experience has grown 100 percent

in terms of the draw i expect to see him beat fu or gould in round two even though it will be interesting to see how he manages to play against someone who might try to bog him down and constantly knock him out of his rythm

he likely to be up against dott or carter in the quarters i think that match will be tough both have more experience than him at the crucible but again its a winnable match for him so long as he cuts out the silly shot selections he got the game to beat carter against dott it might be tougher as dott can play negative safety ie leave trump with nothing on but if trumps got his potting boots on i can see him winning that

so i can see him reaching the semis however long long way to go he just need to take it one match at a time otherwise hell put unnecessary pressure on himself

Postby jojo

by my reckoning if both ricky walden and mark allen win then hendry has to reach the quarter finals to get into the top sixteen reaching the second round wont be enough

and if fat bastard beats parakeet and hendry beats honest joe they both move to 35420 points going into the second round

Postby GJ

Robbo rally needs to get his head on for next season as he has lots of points dropping off

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Robbo rally needs to get his head on for next season as he has lots of points dropping off

What approx would he be looking at rankingwise for a 1st/2nd match defeat at the World Open ? Edge of top-8 ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:Robbo rally needs to get his head on for next season as he has lots of points dropping off

What approx would he be looking at rankingwise for a 1st/2nd match defeat at the World Open ? Edge of top-8 ?

that sounds about right