Topic locked

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!!!

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Think what the banter is going to be like at 10am tomorrow.

I'm thinking ...?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:

I'm thinking ...?

The 24-hour countdown is going to be in operation. You know how much Mr. Wild like those counting runts.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

I'm thinking ...?

The 24-hour countdown is going to be in operation. You know how much Mr. Wild like those counting lady parts.

I expect at least one update every hour, otherwise he's sacked for next year <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

I'm thinking ...?

The 24-hour countdown is going to be in operation. You know how much Mr. Wild like those counting lady parts.

I expect at least one update every hour, otherwise he's sacked for next year <ok>

Yeah! :grrr:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:witz will you be watching the wednesday and thurday evening sessions ? fat bastard plays higgins in these two sessions make sure you boo higgins as much as possible because some people will always believe he got away with it and what better place to let him know than in front of the public during the biggest snooker tournament there is

if a group of friends are going with you for that match even better pal make sure you gee them up and give it full works to the parakeet ha

im back down Thursday morning mate and dont worry, Higgins wont know whats hit him :boo:

4 scots coming down and 3 of us will be cheering on Lee with all our might.

Our plan of attack if its nice is to sit drinking Cider in Tudor Square all afternoon watching the big screens then fill a few sprite bottles full of vodka then head in, already half snake hissed into the Lee Higgins game to make our voices heard. There will be a tsunami of support behind Lee :dinner:

rofl rofl rofl <ok>

Postby kostasmad

Bad thing is that I have to go back to Greece for Easter vacation next week. No BBC interactive....just internet... until the quarters :-(

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve

Yeah me too, just looking at my tickets right now......................touching them lovingly, caressing them, whispering sweet nothings to them. :hatoff:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby snooky147

Well, it seems that my new shiny 60 inch 3D Plasma TV will NOT be arriving in time for the World Championships ( Thanks LG )
:sad:

But I do have my backup, the 42 inch LCD which is going to be used as a second monitor is currently in the living room all hooked up to SKY+ and a 500GB freeview media player/recorder so I can record one match in there. Now I will go offline later and install a decent graphics card that I had from my last PC in order to possibly record table two onto the PC. :john:

I do so love technology. pmsl

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:Well, it seems that my new shiny 60 inch 3D Plasma TV will NOT be arriving in time for the World Championships ( Thanks LG )
:sad:

But I do have my backup, the 42 inch LCD which is going to be used as a second monitor is currently in the living room all hooked up to SKY+ and a 500GB freeview media player/recorder so I can record one match in there. Now I will go offline later and install a decent graphics card that I had from my last PC in order to possibly record table two onto the PC. :john:

I do so love technology. pmsl

:hatoff:

Have you got beer/snacks organised for the 2 weeks. For me that is a big part of the whole experience. :win:

Postby jojo

kostasmad not sure if you can subscribe to eurosport player online as a one off fee for coverage for a few weeks im sure youll be able to pick that up in greece
Last edited by jojo on 14 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby snooky147

Snacks, Domino's Pizza online, plenty of juice, vodka and the occasional cider all at the ready. I just did my first test recording. Turned out perfect, I will have significantly added to my snooker collection in this championship and when it's finished I will get to work on converting my VHS Snooker tapes to the PC.

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:Snacks, Domino's Pizza online, plenty of juice, vodka and the occasional cider all at the ready. I just did my first test recording. Turned out perfect, I will have significantly added to my snooker collection in this championship and when it's finished I will get to work on converting my VHS Snooker tapes to the PC.

......bet you got some good stuff on VHS too.

So what your take on the best Round 1 matches. :chin:

Postby snooky147

The matches on VHS are mainly of Graeme's earlier matches, including his first televised appearance against O'sullivan but I do have the Masters final with Hendry and Williams, the black ball one so I want that.

As for this year, I reckon that Robertson and Trump will only be close if Trump settles early. I hope that Graeme's match with King is better than the last time in 2004. I think Perry could very well beat Hendry and Allen will have to be on guard against Stevens. The Gould/Fu match is a funny one simply because you dont know which FU will turn up.

O'Sullivan should beat Dale if his head is straight and Higgins has the potential to be a casualty if LEE plays the way he did against Williams in what was possibly the best match I have ever seen.

Postby Wildey

seriously no joke Perry might be better off in doing a Ronnie and cry off because hes not going to win

Postby snooky147

Wild wrote:seriously no joke Perry might be better off in doing a Ronnie and cry off because hes not going to win

Seriously, Wild mate, I do love your absolute certainty on all things rofl
We will see.

Postby Smart

snooky147 wrote:The matches on VHS are mainly of Graeme's earlier matches, including his first televised appearance against O'sullivan but I do have the Masters final with Hendry and Williams, the black ball one so I want that.

As for this year, I reckon that Robertson and Trump will only be close if Trump settles early. I hope that Graeme's match with King is better than the last time in 2004. I think Perry could very well beat Hendry and Allen will have to be on guard against Stevens. The Gould/Fu match is a funny one simply because you dont know which FU will turn up.

O'Sullivan should beat Dale if his head is straight and Higgins has the potential to be a casualty if LEE plays the way he did against Williams in what was possibly the best match I have ever seen.

good shout, I'm buzzing for the opening matches. Fancy Trump/Robbo will go close, hope it does. Agree about settling for Trump.........but he has the game to win.

I met Graeme at the EIS - and he was a real gent. Picture is a bit blurred <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild stop with ya bloody Hendo worshipping and give us the countdown !

its not hero worshiping its saying whats going to happen <ok>

but you asked so ill tell you

37 Hours until Rob Walker says lets get the boys on the Baize

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote: :hatoff:

Have you got beer/snacks organised for the 2 weeks. For me that is a big part of the whole experience. :win:

Smart. :bowdown: Getting to the heart of the matter, for me. Only people with small willies boast about the size of their TV. On the other hand, you got to get decent accompaniment for the snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
good shout, I'm buzzing for the opening matches. Fancy Trump/Robbo will go close, hope it does. Agree about settling for Trump.........but he has the game to win.

I met Graeme at the EIS - and he was a real gent. Picture is a bit blurred <laugh>

Did Witz take that photo?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

Smart. :bowdown: Getting to the heart of the matter, for me. Only people with small willies boast about the size of their TV. On the other hand, you got to get decent accompaniment for the snooker.

S/fan - :bowdown: <cool> :bowdown: <cool> :bowdown: <cool>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Did Witz take that photo?

No ALexOPaul did, he was shaking cos his hero was in the picture............. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

S/fan - :bowdown: <cool> :bowdown: <cool> :bowdown: <cool>

I am out tomorrow night shopping for beer and snacks for the opening day, as I have a mate coming I might have to grab a bottle of Bacardi for them too.

Are we allowed an "It's my flat, we watch the matches I say" rule? Well, if people are drinking my alcohol, they can watch my matches! :grrr: