Topic locked

Re: 2011 Betfred.com World Championship Preview: have your s

Postby Tubberlad

It's been submitted, just need Sonny to publish it when he gets the chance. Presentation might not be perfect cos I'm new to a lot of the controls, but I hope you all enjoy it. <ok>

And GJ: a lucky omen is on it's way

Postby Roland

Yep, nice work lad. I've just read through it all and it's very well written. Looks like you didn't quite get the hang of the images though - whenever I do it there's a caption but I see what you did. Maybe it's better your way :redneck:

I have to say the only thing which made me go :hmmm: was the bit about Mark Williams - his killer instinct at the UK (don't forget at one point he'd potted match ball and left Higgins needing snookers) and that winning may be beyond him. I think he's more than capable of winning this thing again. In fact I'd fancy him to beat Higgins if they met in the semi but there we go, all previews are opinion pieces but this one was very well written.

<ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Cheers <ok> Yeah, the images were a pain in the bottom :chuckle:

On the point of Williams, yes, he had potted match ball, but notice how he didn't play for the yellow. I think the Williams of eight years ago would have put it beyond doubt. Little things.

Now, I rate Williams very highly, he's more than up there with the Hendry, Higgins, Davis & O'Sullivans of this world. I think he COULD win this tournament, and is definitely the most likely player in the bottom half to take out Higgins. I just feel that if push came to shove over 33 frames, Higgins is the most likely to come through... because you give him an inch and he'll take a mile.

Postby GJ

Your analysis on the robbo match is top drawer mate no knee jerking your basing it on crucible experience and pedigree

tubbs :hatoff:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Very good preview Tubber, quite impressive.

His lack of stunning form means very little as Dott is a man who can make the formbook look like an abused Wikipedia page. I like that bit an abused wikipedia page <laugh>

And tbh aswell this is one of the best previews I have read on any sport.

Nice one

Postby Roland

You did that somewhere else too but I can't remember exactly where, I had to correct one to first round because you had both winning :redneck:

I think you should be able to update that bit yourself :santa:

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:You did that somewhere else too but I can't remember exactly where, I had to correct one to first round because you had both winning :redneck:

I think you should be able to update that bit yourself :santa:

I'll have a look a little later :hatoff:

Postby jojo

i like the preview apart from the bit where it says john higgins is going to win the worlds this year

my fear is he will his biggest hurdle will be the fat bastard in round one if he gets through that i cant see anyone stopping him so i will be watching that match hardcore it scheduled for wednesday and thursday evening sessions so i wont be at work and my girlfriend gives me special time off to watch the snooker so there will be no distractions

i will be fat chameleons biggest supporter from snooker island and if anyone from here is going to see that match and happens to come across fat bastard give him a great big bear hug then squeeze the living rubbish out of those tits by supinating your hand ha

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:i like the preview apart from the bit where it says john higgins is going to win the worlds this year

my fear is he will his biggest hurdle will be the fat bastard in round one if he gets through that i cant see anyone stopping him so i will be watching that match hardcore it scheduled for wednesday and thursday evening sessions so i wont be at work and my girlfriend gives me special time off to watch the snooker so there will be no distractions

i will be fat chameleons biggest supporter from snooker island and if anyone from here is going to see that match and happens to come across fat bastard give him a great big bear hug then squeeze the living rubbish out of those tits by supinating your hand ha

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Calm down Jojo, fat bar steward will be too busy eating pies than walking around. Wouldn't hug him anyway his face scares me, just like Pc Plod from the old Noddy children's programme but about five stone heavier.

Have to also disagree though that Higgins isn't my bet to win the World Championships, can see Robertson, Selby or Williams making a real statement with Dott, Murphy potential outsiders.

Postby Tubberlad

Quality stuff JoJo <laugh>

I'm no fan of John Higgins myself, I get a bit annoyed at people treating him like Gandhi, when in reality he was at least very thick last year.

But I do count him as one of the reasons I got into this sport, he's a ridiculously good player and you can only admire the way he has answered critics like myself and yourself.

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:it will be very tight 13-12/11

Well there's no guarantee they will get that far anyway, I think Ding may be prone to a slip up although his draw is not the most testing on current form.

I'd give Ding 10 frames at the most for that one, but that kind of experience may benefit him. All that guy needs is one big crucible win.

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:it will be very tight 13-12/11

Well there's no guarantee they will get that far anyway, I think Ding may be prone to a slip up although his draw is not the most testing on current form.

I'd give Ding 10 frames at the most for that one, but that kind of experience may benefit him. All that guy needs is one big crucible win.

if ding can crack the crucible he will dominate snooker and soon Judd trump will join him

2000;s saw williams o'sullivan and higgings

2010's will see ding robbo and trump

Postby Wildey

i was going to disagree with you that John Higgins was going to win this year but having thought about it he is without doubt the most obvious candidate when it comes to predicting.

in each round as the tournament goes on only fools would back against him.

yes he can l0ose and theres 31 players thats going to try and some with a great chance to win like Williams,Ding,Selby,Murphy and dare i say Neil Robertson but in predicting like you done there is only one winner.