Post a reply

Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 02,00.html

Ding Junhui has accepted a fine of £2,000 for failing to notify Tournament Officials of a medical condition that resulted in him not competing to the best of his ability in Euro Players Tour Championship event three earlier this season.

During the match against Liang Wenbo in Russelsheim, Germany, on 23 October 2010 Ding did not perform to his usual very high standards. This caused the Tournament Officials to report his conduct to the Association, which duly determined that a Disciplinary Committee should be convened to investigate matters.

Following notification of the Association's concerns, the Player immediately responded to apologise and to explain that his performance had been adversely affected due to ill health. Unfortunately, the Player did not report his medical condition to the Event Organisers at the material time and continued to participate in circumstances where he may otherwise have properly withdrawn.

As a result of this the Disciplinary Committee concluded that the Player did not compete properly, which not only impacts on his reputation but also that of the Sport. The Disciplinary Committee did however accept that this was the Player's first and only instance where the he was subject to a disciplinary procedure, which coupled with the mitigating circumstances of his ill-health and prompt explanation and apology, dictated that a fine of only £2,000 should be imposed.

The Player has accepted the Disciplinary Committee's findings and accepts responsibility for his actions.

This should come as a warning to all Players of the need to ensure that Event Organisers and Tournament Officials are properly apprised of any circumstances (medical or otherwise) that may impact on a Player's ability to perform to the very best of their abilities.

so let me get this right if Ding had told mike ganley he was going to smash the reds open it would be ok :? :chin:

Re: Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Postby jojo

making themselves look hard by picking on the not so strong one bucking idiots

they purposely turn a blind eye to john higgins and god only knows how much ronnie o sullivan has got away with but when the so called weaker ones step a little bit out of line well show them whos boss

what a joke

Postby Smart

Communication barrier problem here. If it had been an English speaking, non timid player - then in the backroom prior to the match he would of made noises to the effect of "look I got a bad cold/flu..........so not feeling great, dont expect much, I will try anyway".

However, Ding is a bit introvert.

:irk:

Postby Wildey

if nothing else this shows how serious Barry Hearn and WSA are from now on regarding discapline.

not being serious on a shot = £2,000 fine

the line is drawn.

Postby Tubberlad

jojo wrote:making themselves look hard by picking on the not so strong one bucking idiots

they purposely turn a blind eye to john higgins and god only knows how much ronnie o sullivan has got away with but when the so called weaker ones step a little bit out of line well show them whos boss

what a joke

I probably amn't about to endear myself too much here: you've echoed my thoughts exactly when I read this.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
jojo wrote:making themselves look hard by picking on the not so strong one bucking idiots

what a joke

I probably amn't about to endear myself too much here: you've echoed me thoughts exactly when I read this.

the main difference is after the John Higgins saga barry hearn went out and pointed out what was and what wasn't acceptable theres only so far things can go on before the teeth is shown.

if theres another John Higgins situation now its goodbye because that line been crossed once it will not be crossed again.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ding has been caught out by youtube

bank robbers being caught by CCTV they should be let off because of that ??

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I think he's been hard done by myself but there you go.

me 2 TBH

but we are entering a new world now and the new regime is getting tough no doubt about it Ding being made the scapegoat here but the message should be getting home to players be proffesional at all times...what a expensive £2000 for a split second of madness at 3-0 down in a PTC Event.

Ding lost in the last 64 of that event and got £500 or should i say -£1,500 for that break off.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

me 2 TBH

but we are entering a new world now and the new regime is getting tough no doubt about it Ding being made the scapegoat here but the message should be getting home to players be proffesional at all times...what a expensive £2000 for a split second of madness at 3-0 down in a PTC Event.

Ding lost in the last 64 of that event and got £500 or should i say -£1,500 for that break off.

Do I think Higgins or Sullivan would have got that? Do you?

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

me 2 TBH

Do I think Higgins or Sullivan would have got that? Do you?

yes i do without a doubt.

dont forget Ding is not this nobody journeyman you could argue he is bigger than John and Ronnie together when you consider the country behind him.

the disciplinary could have said buck we must not upset the Chinese.

Barry Hearn isnt a Rodney Walker the whole set up now is different its kick ass time.

Postby Tubberlad

gallantrabbit wrote:Hearn did say it was 3 strikes and you're out and that O'sullivan was on 2 but I haven't heard about any fines...?

<ok>

Wild, I DON'T believe they would have got that. No way. Probably would have been ignored IMO.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Hearn did say it was 3 strikes and you're out and that O'sullivan was on 2 but I haven't heard about any fines...?

i think he has been fined for his no show at one of the events and his german masters case not herd yet that could be no 2.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:

<ok>

Wild, I DON'T believe they would have got that. No way. Probably would have been ignored IMO.

not now it wont i wont let it be ignored and i bet you snooker scene wont let it be ignored.

if ding gets that then Ronnie gets that simples :-)

Postby Bourne

If Ding is fined £2k for not playing well in one match, then how much should Liang be fined over the whole season :chin:

Postby Monique

Ding was not fined for playing badly, he was fined for blatantly trying to lose.

This is the kind of stuff that got Quinten Hahn in trouble in his days.
If he was unwell, which of course happens to everybody, he had been better advised to withdraw, rather than doing this.
Now, I've seen lots of things in the 2 EPTCs I attended that weren't right. Behaviours by players that should have go them in trouble with the authorities. As it has not been reported I won't elaborate. So in a way, in my opinion, Ding was unlucky to be filmed and that it was put on youtube. It triggered a lot of reactions from the fans, so it could not be ignored.
As for ROS, the 2 strikes IMO are EPTC1 and EPTC5. Both events where he didn't turn up, without prior notice. He got his ranking points for the German Masters, so, I suppose his medical note was accepted.
EPTC5 was particularly bad as of the 4 players on the posters, 3, Hendry, Robertson and ROS didn't turn up. For Robertson and ROS it came just on the back of their PL match and the timing was always to be hectic. For Hendry I guess he's just had enough of the PTCs.
Now my opinion is that it's better for players to withdraw, rather than not trying at all when there in front of the audience (there was a strong audience both in Bruges and in Hamm). At least in the 2 PTCs that ROS did attend he made a quarters and a a final.

Postby SnookerFan

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Ding didn't report he was feeling ill, so he gets punished? So every time you got a runny nose, you got to ring up and explain to World Snooker? bucking hell. I think Ding has every right to sue them. That's ridiculous.

Hearn was giving it large recently that he won't stand for Ronnie pulling out of tournaments at the last minute, but poor Ding tries to play through the flu and gets punished. I bet he wishes he'd stayed at home now. You can't come down hard on somebody for wanting to play when they feel ill, that's commendable if you ask me. Turning up ill, and playing bad shots is better then not playing at all.

When Ebdon announced earlier in the season that he hadn't practiced as much as he had wanted to, so might play badly, we all thought he was nuts. But this gives an indication of why he deemed it necessary.

Absolute farce!

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Ding didn't report he was feeling ill, so he gets punished? So every time you got a runny nose, you got to ring up and explain to World Snooker? intercoursing hell. I think Ding has every right to sue them. That's ridiculous.

Hearn was giving it large recently that he won't stand for Ronnie pulling out of tournaments at the last minute, but poor Ding tries to play through the flu and gets punished. I bet he wishes he'd stayed at home now. You can't come down hard on somebody for wanting to play when they feel ill, that's commendable if you ask me. Turning up ill, and playing bad shots is better then not playing at all.

When Ebdon announced earlier in the season that he hadn't practiced as much as he had wanted to, so might play badly, we all thought he was nuts. But this gives an indication of why he deemed it necessary.

Absolute farce!

Spot on, they're going far too PC with this anti-corruption thing. Who are they to say anyway whether a player can perform 'to the best of their ability' every match ? No-one in the history of any sport ever can do that, so why snooker officials think it's any different now I don't know. With so many more events around today, it's only going to get harder to produce a good level every week. So snake hissed off with the timing too, great way to screw him over just before the Worlds (ironically before a match with Jamie Burnett ...) :td:

Postby SnookerFan

Absoulute disgrace of a decision. World Snooker should feel ashamed of themselves for this truly incompetent decison. I hope Ding doesn't dwell on it. It might affect his concentration at The Crucible, and get him another fine. Image

Just so World Snooker knows, I saw Steve Davis miss a black he really should have potted in the 1985 World Championship final... Sue him, it brought the game into disrepute. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

Ding had to be punished what part of that cant people put in their bucking Brains however the amount he was fined Looks Steep but players cant go round setting up frames no matter how bucking ill they are.

yes hes been made a scapegoat but if it will stop others being as stupid its done itpurpose

the only think i think is stupid is he should report when he is ill as if that makes what he did right.

no it was not right and hes been punished quite rightly for it.

and Bourne dont talk through your bucking bottom how the buck can you take anti curruption to far FFS. What ding did was a disgrace to the sport he got caught and hes been punished for it and ill tell you who they are the people who pays his wages if anyone not doing their job properly anywhere as if the Management going to ignore it.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Absoulute disgrace of a decision. World Snooker should feel ashamed of themselves for this truly incompetent decison. I hope Ding doesn't dwell on it. It might affect his concentration at The Crucible, and get him another fine. Image

Just so World Snooker knows, I saw Steve Davis miss a black he really should have potted in the 1985 World Championship final... Sue him, it brought the game into disrepute. :grrr:

buck me are people really this bucking stupid ?

how the buck can you compare a miss pot with a pool break on a snooker table with the obvious intension to get wenbo a break <doh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Disgrace to the sport lol, so basically anyone who misses a ball is a disgrace too I bet ?

are you thick ???

look at what he bucking did a kid playing his first game on a full size wouldn't break like that so comparing it to a miss pot is just beyond wallyville.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Disgrace to the sport lol, so basically anyone who misses a ball is a disgrace too I bet ?

are you thick ???

look at what he intercoursing did a kid playing his first game on a full size wouldn't break like that so comparing it to a miss pot is just beyond wallyville.

If everyone tried 1000000% every shot and played everything perfectly, then there'd be no pots, that's what you said to me the other week. So it must be a disgrace that not every player does try that hard right ? You can't have it both ways :td:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

are you thick ???

look at what he bucking did a kid playing his first game on a full size wouldn't break like that so comparing it to a miss pot is just beyond wallyville.

I bet you were the one complaining on You Tube, weren't you? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

are you thick ???

look at what he intercoursing did a kid playing his first game on a full size wouldn't break like that so comparing it to a miss pot is just beyond wallyville.

If everyone tried 1000000% every shot and played everything perfectly, then there'd be no pots, that's what you said to me the other week. So it must be a disgrace that not every player does try that hard right ? You can't have it both ways :td:

what a thick runt <doh>

fine evryone then end of that way there will be more cash in the sport and less in players pockets.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

are you thick ???

I bet you were the one complaining on You Tube, weren't you? <laugh>

yes i reported to World Snooker at the time.