Poll ended at 15 Apr 2011

John Higgins
89%
Stephen Lee
11%

Total votes : 9

John Higgins vs Stephen Lee

Postby SnookerFan

I can't believe more people aren't getting pumped about this match. It was always one of the standout matches, even before that amazing match Stephen Lee played out with Mark Williams. Which, in my view, was the greatest best of nine match of all time. The commentators suggested that day, that Stephen Lee would be cursing his luck drawing Mark Williams at the China Open, and John Higgins at the World Championship. But he didn't looked cursed that day against Williams.

Honest John has been on a rich vein of form recently, beating almost all in sight. And personally, I still think he'll win this. But, if it's half of the match Lee played against Williams, we're in for a treat. I hope it's not an anti-climax.

Re: John Higgins vs Stephen Lee

Postby jojo

fat bastard will win this however if higgins wins i expect him to win the tournament im going to be supporting fat bastard in this match the sooner higgins is sent packing the better hopefully after round one fat bastard will send the parakeet packing back home to scotland via kiev ha

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:fat bar steward will win this however if higgins wins i expect him to win the tournament im going to be supporting fat bar steward in this match the sooner higgins is sent packing the better hopefully after round one fat bar steward will send the pint puller packing back home to scotland via kiev ha

It's always amusing how you write about your dear friend John Higgins. <laugh> rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Lee just has too much of an awful record at the Crucible for it to be considered a really close match imo.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

To the match:

I share the point of jojo that Stephen Lee has one of the best chances to stop Higgins in this tournament. Ricky Walden and Rory McLeod won't have a sniff. At the latter stages he will be unstoppable.

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:fat bastard will win this however if higgins wins i expect him to win the tournament im going to be supporting fat bastard in this match the sooner higgins is sent packing the better hopefully after round one fat bastard will send the parakeet packing back home to scotland via kiev ha

You don't like Higgins? You do surprise me. <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

What exactly has Stephen Lee done at the Crucible to justify people's belief that he's going to knock out the World's best player by some distance?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I can't believe more people aren't getting pumped about this match.

I think a hell of a lot of snooker folk would love to see DJ sent packing by Lee, but in reality it wont happen. I'd happily surrender my prediction points for the sight of DJ trudging off beaten in this match. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:What exactly has Stephen Lee done at the Crucible to justify people's belief that he's going to knock out the World's best player by some distance?

yes i cant see it happening TBH.

but Stephen Lee has shown enough belief and form this season to say its not impossible but a lot will depend on John's Form.

his last crucible match hasent got good memories for him he was god dam awfull.

Postby Wildey

Go Ronnie wrote:This match will be one of the best 2011 Crucible match.

you took your time to post

We dont bite lol

apart for jo jo but if you not fat you be ok <laugh>

Postby Casey

At the UK Lee had a 96% pot success rate and lost 9-6. If John is to win he will have to be at 90% of his best form or above.

Postby randam05

Casey wrote:At the UK Lee had a 96% pot success rate and lost 9-6. If John is to win he will have to be at 90% of his best form or above.

Why? Lee might not be on form this time :?

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:What exactly has Stephen Lee done at the Crucible to justify people's belief that he's going to knock out the World's best player by some distance?

yes i cant see it happening TBH.

but Stephen Lee has shown enough belief and form this season to say its not impossible but a lot will depend on John's Form.

his last crucible match hasent got good memories for him he was god dam awfull.

Remind me which match that was?

Postby SnookerFan

rubbish. Stone me, am I that old?

I'd forgotten these two had played at Telford. I must've been on another match when that happened.... A forgotten classic. :bowdown:

Postby GJ

DELUDED FOOLS TUBBS

Postby jojo

fat bastard has produced some top quality performances this season higgins will have to play well to beat him just like in the uk if parakeet slightly off his game i think fat bastard can pull off a shock no doubt about it

nobody is saying fat bastard is going to win the worlds but he more than capable of beating higgins in a best of nineteen i would say fat bastard the hardest qualifier higgins could have faced and that includes trump incest and stevens

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:fat bastard has produced some top quality performances this season higgins will have to play well to beat him just like in the uk if parakeet slightly off his game i think fat bastard can pull off a shock no doubt about it

nobody is saying fat bastard is going to win the worlds but he more than capable of beating higgins in a best of nineteen i would say fat bastard the hardest qualifier higgins could have faced and that includes trump incest and stevens

Not really a fan of either player, are you?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
jojo wrote:fat bastard has produced some top quality performances this season higgins will have to play well to beat him just like in the uk if parakeet slightly off his game i think fat bastard can pull off a shock no doubt about it

Thanks for that analysis Sherlock rofl :hatoff: rofl :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thanks for that analysis Sherlock rofl :hatoff: rofl :hatoff:

:bird:

Postby Bourne

I'll probably get laughed at for this but I make this Higgins' final, if he wins this he goes all the way. His record in ranking matches this season is sick, and had to fight hard to beat Lee in the UK. Higgins by the odd frame or two.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Smart wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:Maybe Higgins can pass on the name of his lawyer when they are cozied up together

..............and recommend nice bars in Kiev, should Stephen fancy a trip to Russia :hatoff:

or ukraine, or wherever it was the CIA snooker team were on tour
Last edited by wheelsofsteel on 17 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.