Topic locked

Why is it always good weather when The Crucible is on?

Postby SnookerFan

Dammit, over the fortnight that I don't go out the house :grrr:

<laugh> I don't have much of a garden here, and it's communal anyway, so setting up a TV with the extension cable is out? I wonder if there's anyway I can watch the snooker, and be outside in the warm at the same time? I wonder if there's any pubs I can watch a TV in, and be in a beer garden at the same time? :chin:

Re: Why is it always good weather when The Crucible is on?

Postby Smart

Had this conversation with I think, Sonny. Basically it feels somewhat criminal to be inside in glorious weather when most of the year in the UK its not nice enough to go out and enjoy. Feel a bit guilty hiding away sitting on a sofa and watching TV for hours. The thing is how much do you enjoy whats being shown. For me I am so up for the Worlds its untrue. Excited is the word. What I tend to do is plan my day so that I at least can do some exercise etc so that I am not slobbing out for the whole 2 weeks. So say I get up at 6.30 am (assuming no work, or would be earlier), go for a walk, or do any chores before settling down for the 10am start. Then in between sessions again do any chores or pop out for a take-away etc. Play pool or darts in between sessions. Basically maximising or squeezing the most out of every minute possible and still watching as much action as possible.

Which brings me to my prime job of next week.......

With highlighter in one hand and schedule in other I have to decide which matches will be given prime viewing during the champs. This can be a tricky thing to sort out and sometimes if a match does not live up to what I think then you have the option to switch, but I like to make plans.

:hatoff:

Postby PatBlock

Smart wrote:....What I tend to do is plan my day so that I at least can do some exercise etc so that I am not slobbing out for the whole 2 weeks. So say I get up at 6.30 am (assuming no work, or would be earlier), go for a walk, or do any chores before settling down for the 10am start. Then in between sessions again do any chores or pop out for a take-away etc. Play pool or darts in between sessions. Basically maximising or squeezing the most out of every minute possible and still watching as much action as possible....

Phew! I'm knackered after just reading that post. :emb:

I'm self employed, and these two weeks are basically my summer holidays.
Unless I get a job or jobs that are absolutely unavoidable, it's TV snooker all the way. Personally I couldn't care if it's crackin' the flags, I'm indoors for the duration, after all, there's always May, :sun: June, :sun: July, :sun: and August :sun: to look forward to.
:-D
-

Postby jojo

who gives a flying buck when it sunny for two weeks in april when the sun also shines in the summer months i couldnt care less if its sunny in april or snake hissing down with rain the holy grail of snooker is on and i would rather watch that than go outside just because its sunny

on the other hand you know its the crucible just around the corner when the lawn mowers in full flow that lush green smell of the green grass and you can alse hear your neighbours chopping away with their garden work april is definitely the most exciting time of the year if people want to go out when its hot i suggest wait for the summer and if they cant wait for the summer and dont want to miss the snooker then i suggest they take their laptop out with them ha

Postby SnookerFan

Don't get me wrong, it could be the hottest day since records began. I would still say "buck you sun." :bird: , close the curtains and put the snooker on. Snooker comes first, of course.

It just seemed the weather could have the good decency to get it's rain out of the way this fortnight, then be sunny afterwards. I might have a word with Michael Fish about that.

Postby randam05

Mehhh I HATE the sun. So curtains might close while its on. Or actually, open the french doors onto the patio and put the snooker on the 50 inch quite loud with a pint of iced pepsi while looking out at the lawn while dads cooking a barbeque spoon feeding me steak and burgers :)

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:Mehhh I HATE the sun. So curtains might close while its on. Or actually, open the french doors onto the patio and put the snooker on the 50 inch quite loud with a pint of iced pepsi while looking out at the lawn while dads cooking a barbeque spoon feeding me steak and burgers :)

tough life aint it :hatoff:

Postby randam05

Smart wrote:
randam05 wrote:Mehhh I HATE the sun. So curtains might close while its on. Or actually, open the french doors onto the patio and put the snooker on the 50 inch quite loud with a pint of iced pepsi while looking out at the lawn while dads cooking a barbeque spoon feeding me steak and burgers :)

well I must have about 20 hours of coursework and 10 hours of revision this easter, so hoping to get it all done before saturday, but it isnt going well so far :sad:

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
Smart wrote:

well I must have about 20 hours of coursework and 10 hours of revision this easter, so hoping to get it all done before saturday, but it isnt going well so far :sad:

I had a small piece of work to do. Was putting it off for ages, but last week bit the bullet and did it. Now just chilling till next Saturday. Lots of coffee in work this week. :hatoff:

Postby randam05

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Love a bit of barbecue action, me. Few sausages, few burgers. No steak. :D

I love steak on the BBQ, its what seperates the men from the boys. :hatoff:

Precisely :hatoff:

(Wish I could have just clicked the 'like' button on that post :roll: )

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Love a bit of barbecue action, me. Few sausages, few burgers. No steak. :D

I love steak on the BBQ, its what seperates the men from the boys. :hatoff:

Yes, you have to be really tough to consume a meat-based foodstuff. :-)