Post a reply

Re: Graeme Dott

Postby Roland

And go

Postby SnookerFan

Good first part of interview with Dott. His comments about the China Open just prove that if your mind is elsewhere, thinking ahead to other tournaments, there's a strong possiblity you'll lose, whoever you are playing.

Graeme 'The Scot' Dott seems like a nice guy, though.

Postby Wildey

interesting interview i just wish he would focus on his own game play to his strengths and not get caught up in how other players play.

snooker is about different persanalities,speed,tactics playing together on equal footing.

playing slow players is the same as playing fast players both ways can throw players off their rhythm its up to the player to ignore that and play their own game.

Postby gallantrabbit

When he says he's thinking only of King I think it's just a discipline to keep focused on every ball, ever frame, not King himself. We all know that if Dott plays well and is focused, he wins. I'm not knocking King cos I like him, but he doesn't have Dott's game.
Nice to see Dott fairly relaxed with his title safely tucked under his belt.
Once again this most unglamorous fellow is someone that no-one willfeel too confident of playing. Good luck to the man. Also ran to WC, I like this story.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:When he says he's thinking only of King I think it's just a discipline to keep focused on every ball, ever frame, not King himself. We all know that if Dott plays well and is focused, he wins. I'm not knocking King cos I like him, but he doesn't have Dott's game.
Nice to see Dott fairly relaxed with his title safely tucked under his belt.
Once again this most unglamorous fellow is someone that no-one willfeel too confident of playing. Good luck to the man. Also ran to WC, I like this story.

Yes, but he's right. You've got to take each match at a time, not think about what's coming next. Like he said, he was thinking of the Li Hang game as a good warm up game, and he lost.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:So that's me and Mr. Wild that have critcised him so far. <laugh>

its not really criticising

snooker is a difficult enough sport without thinking of other tournaments and how other players play.

Postby Bourne

Nice one i'll read this properly tonight when i've got a bit more time, great coup for the Island :hatoff:

Postby randam05

Smart wrote:Dotty :hatoff:

(ps I have met him and have his autograph) <ok>

So have I :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

I have so many autographs, I had to check to remember if I had Dott's. I did. I got it on 17th February 2009, I date them all . I must have met him at the Welsh Open. :D

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I have so many autographs, I had to check to remember if I had Dott's. I did. I got it on 17th February 2009, I date them all . I must have met him at the Welsh Open. :D

Mine is in red ink, and its within a MatchroomSnooker instruction book. Can you match that or raise it............? :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

I have 38 autographs, of snooker players or personalities. 39 if you count the fact that I have Jimmy White's twice.

One of them is Alex "Hurricane" Higgins.

Beat that. :bum:

Postby Alex0paul

Image\

Beat that :ahh:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I have 38 autographs, of snooker players or personalities. 39 if you count the fact that I have Jimmy White's twice.

One of them is Alex "Hurricane" Higgins.

Beat that. :bum:

I have Jimmy's autobiography SIGNED by the man, top that big boy :D

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, well, I have one of Michaela Tabb's bras, signed on each cup.....

No, that's a lie. I don't have that. <laugh>

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:Good first part of interview with Dott. His comments about the China Open just prove that if your mind is elsewhere, thinking ahead to other tournaments, there's a strong possiblity you'll lose, whoever you are playing.

Graeme 'The Scot' Dott seems like a nice guy, though.

His mind isn't elsewhere. It's what Hendry used to talk about as well, everything is build up to the Crucible.

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:interesting interview i just wish he would focus on his own game play to his strengths and not get caught up in how other players play.

snooker is about different persanalities,speed,tactics playing together on equal footing.

playing slow players is the same as playing fast players both ways can throw players off their rhythm its up to the player to ignore that and play their own game.

:shrug:

He spends his life playing the game and watching the top players at close quarters, of course he's going to have an opinion on them and know which sorts of players he likes playing and which he doesn't. I wonder if Ronnie knows just how alike the pair of them are.

Postby Smart

I bet every player in the draw has been thinking about their opponent since the minute they were paired together. Not in an unhealthy way, obsessing but to the point that any slight modifications to your game are tailored with your oppo in mind. It makes perfect sense. A small example would be the break off shot. Is there a particular long pot type that a certain player knocks a lot of them in, i.e. from yellow or green side of the baulk area.

If that is the case then immediately you can upset their routine by breaking to leave (at worst) a pot to the unusual side of the table. Minute details but could give the edge when it matters.

Dotty is a master, and I always look forward to his matches. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:interesting interview i just wish he would focus on his own game play to his strengths and not get caught up in how other players play.

:shrug:

He spends his life playing the game and watching the top players at close quarters, of course he's going to have an opinion on them and know which sorts of players he likes playing and which he doesn't. I wonder if Ronnie knows just how alike the pair of them are.

yes 2 peas in a pod.

Postby Roland

I haven't even started transcription of the rest of the interview yet so not for a few days yet. To get it into perspective, part 1 was only about 20% of the whole interview timewise so the bulk is yet to come. I wanted to get the 2011 world championship section out of the way and published while it was still topical, the rest can wait.

I should've added the bit to part 1 where I asked him if he would be watching the US Masters golf but now that's been and gone I won't bother with it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I haven't even started transcription of the rest of the interview yet so not for a few days yet. To get it into perspective, part 1 was only about 20% of the whole interview timewise so the bulk is yet to come. I wanted to get the 2011 world championship section out of the way and published while it was still topical, the rest can wait.

I should've added the bit to part 1 where I asked him if he would be watching the US Masters golf but now that's been and gone I won't bother with it.

what was his tip on the grand national <laugh>

Postby snooky147

Good first part of the interview Sonny. I have been having intermittent ISP problems or I would have posted sooner.

Postby Roland

I have a meeting and then when it's finished it's lunchtime and part 2 will be published :D

Postby Bourne

NOW it's up :D