Poll ended at 04 Apr 2011

Ronnie O'Sullivan
60%
Dominic Dale
40%

Total votes : 10

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: O'Sullivan vs Dale

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie has to win that match. It won't get much easier than Dale.

He has to get off to a good start and tighten up his safety game. This match won't be a firework but I'll take any win against Dale. Ronnie has to get at least this match otherwise it's all over for Ronnie for good.

Come on!!!

Postby Rocketmaster

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie has to win that match. It won't get much easier than Dale.

He has to get off to a good start and tighten up his safety game. This match won't be a firework but I'll take any win against Dale. Ronnie has to get at least this match otherwise it's all over for Ronnie for good.

Come on!!!

Yeah Ronnie has to play better than he has. Dale will be up for it!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Rocketmaster wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie has to win that match. It won't get much easier than Dale.

Come on!!!

Yeah Ronnie has to play better than he has. Dale will be up for it!!!!

And yet, pretty much everybody is guaranteeing a Ronnie win? :shrug:

Postby randam05

Ill see what dale has to see about it next week hopefully! Travelling to gloucester again for 3 hours more coaching from Paul and sarah tells me, only the legend, dominic dale will be preparing for worlds in the same practice room as me! :D Willget to chat to him a lot and hope to watch him practice after my coaching :) Seriously excited. What a way to build myself up to the crucible and especially his match!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Ill see what dale has to see about it next week hopefully! Travelling to gloucester again for 3 hours more coaching from Paul and sarah tells me, only the legend, dominic dale will be preparing for worlds in the same practice room as me! :D Willget to chat to him a lot and hope to watch him practice after my coaching :) Seriously excited. What a way to build myself up to the crucible and especially his match!

Dominic Dale. :bowdown:

Postby GJ

hope ronnie wins here should even in 1st gear

dale is a character but cannon fodder for this big event

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:Dales hasnt a prayer he falls apart every time he plays ronnie

How many times have they played? I know they clashed in a couple of PTCs last year, and were supposed to play in Germany but Ronnie couldn't be bothered to go.

They played any other times, and what were the results?

Postby SnookerFan

"The Englishman, who hammered another Welshman, Ryan Day, 5-1 on Friday, finished off Dale in 53 minutes - the quickest ever best-of-11 frame match."

Wowser! That's immense! Nothing Dale could've done about that though, that's not Dale playing badly. That's coming up against a plater in the kind of form that it would've been impossible to play in.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just remember 2006:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 266720.stm

I wanna read something like that after their clash.

I don't.

God, what a pin end Ronnie is sometimes. Can you believe him sometimes? "I want to play like that all the time, bring more fans in. Fans don't like longer matches."

:grrr: Sorry, but that guy can really irk me sometimes.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just remember 2006:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 266720.stm

I wanna read something like that after their clash.

I don't.

God, what a pin end Ronnie is sometimes. Can you believe him sometimes? "I want to play like that all the time, bring more fans in. Fans don't like longer matches."

:grrr: Sorry, but that guy can really irk me sometimes.

I especially like the long matches and as long Ronnie is winning them I'm also happy. There's no statistic that says Ronnie does better in shorter formats than in longer ones. If he has his game on he'll win any match he's playing.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I especially like the long matches and as long Ronnie is winning them I'm also happy. There's no statistic that says Ronnie does better in shorter formats than in longer ones. If he has his game on he'll win any match he's playing.

I just hate the way he thinks he speaks for everybody. He likes to play fast, so he thinks that's what every fan likes. All his; "I play this way for the fans" rants make me want to tell him to buck off. I'm glad Ding won that tournament now.

He's a fantastic player, and big breaks can be entertaining, but some of that safety play 45-minute frame Selby was playing in China was also entertaining. It's good to have a mix sometimes. And to be honest, does Ronnie really think winning 6-0 in less then an hour is more entertaining then it going 6-5? It's a special skill to be able to play that way, but you wouldn't want to see that all the time, would you? I saw Mark Williams win a best of seven in Wales in less then an hour, 4-0. That to me isn't a match, it's just a nothing.

As long as the balls don't run scrappy due to poor play, I'm happy. :D

Postby Bourne

Dale, he's due his moment in the sun, had an improved season whilst O'Sullivan has quite simply turned into a journeyman at the moment. Wouldn't be a big shock to me but I know Dale will treat the match as if he is the underdog and that's where he's most dangerous.

Postby jojo

if ronnie turns up which im sure he will i expect ronnie to win very comfortably even if he on his d game something like 10-5

i cant see dale threatening ronnie he doesnt possess any weapons to hurt him and if it is close going into the final few frames the pressure will get to dale itll be interesting to know what their head to head is but i dont think dale has ever beaten ronnie

i will be supporting ronnie however if dale does turn him over i really hope people give him the credit he deserves