Topic locked

semi-finals of the highest order?

Postby Rocket_ron

who do you think the winner of each Quarter is going to be? who with be the last 4?

The Top Half has about 4/5 Good Players - Robbo, Trump, Gould, Ding & Selby
The bottom halve is Packed with lots of good players - Williams, Higgins, Murphy, Day, Stevens, Ronnie, Allen, Mags, Lee

I See Robbo winning 1st Quarter
Ding winning 2nd Quarter
Williams winning the 3rd Quarter
and Higgings Winning the 4th Quarter.

So that could be a mouth watering last 4

Robbo v Ding
Williams v Higgins

Re: semi-finals of the highest order?

Postby GJ

Robbo v Selby
Stevens v Higgins

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:i think its clear/safe to say both robbo and higgins will get to the last 4

He will face Trump and may face Dott? How is it clear and safe to say he will get to the semi-finals? In my opinion, he will, but it's not clear cut at all.

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:i think its clear/safe to say both robbo and higgins will get to the last 4

He will face Trump and may face Dott? How is it clear and safe to say he will get to the semi-finals? In my opinion, he will, but it's not clear cut at all.

i dont think dott will cause him any problems

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

i dont think dott will cause him any problems

Graeme Dott is far too good and clever a player to dismiss like that. He leads his head-to-head with Robertson and has beaten him at the World Championship before. Up until the final session, he stuck with Robertson every step of the way... over 25 frames, he could beat Robertson.

Postby randam05

Rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:Nah not ding in the semis, that would be BORING.

why do you find ding boring jakester?

His face is boring and emotionless 99% of the time. He just looks pretty average, his style i find unattractive because its so mechanical and quite plain. Boring cue action, not much personality. His attitude sometimes is annoying!

This is not to say I dont appreciate how good he is, cause when hes on his form hes unstoppable and one of the best break builders around. Just not a fan. Similar to the way im not a fan of ryan day :-)

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:Nah not ding in the semis, that would be BORING.

why do you find ding boring jakester?

His face is boring and emotionless 99% of the time. He just looks pretty average, his style i find unattractive because its so mechanical and quite plain. Boring cue action, not much personality. His attitude sometimes is annoying!

This is not to say I dont appreciate how good he is, cause when hes on his form hes unstoppable and one of the best break builders around. Just not a fan. Similar to the way im not a fan of ryan day :-)

well murphy looks a runt and acts a tit but that aside he is a top 4 player in the world.

try and look beyound looks, jake i used to do that years ago i hated trump and micheal holt and a few others but now i have judd inside my fave 5 players

Postby randam05

Have you just changed one of your favs to day!? <laugh> or was that there before i shown my dislike for him.

Its not just looks, I just dislike watching his style of play and way around the table, and doubt I will follow his matches at the world championship. May watch ends of his matches though.

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:Have you just changed one of your favs to day!? <laugh> or was that there before i shown my dislike for him.

Its not just looks, I just dislike watching his style of play and way around the table, and doubt I will follow his matches at the world championship. May watch ends of his matches though.

no i changed it to day after i seen him play at the EIS, im sad he has drawn williams because i dont want either of them to lose R1

Postby SnookerFan

Ding for me, is sometimes harshly treated for not showing personality around the table. Bear in mind he's from a completely different culture, and also has been learning the English language in between putting in the several hours of practice a day it takes to be a top player. Ding isn't going to be very good at engaging the UK fans with wit an annecdotes, you have to take that into consideration. Anybody who saw his Master's Final against Ronnie in 2007 knows that Ding isn't the machine everybody says he his. And I think the fact he sometimes let's his head drop sometimes indicates a personality there, and these nuances allow for extra analysis during his games.

Moving on to Trump, any doubts I had about him as a player were removed at the China Open.(Bourne :ok:). But, I'm still waiting to see how he engages people on the table with his personality. There's something about him as a person that doesn't engage me somehow, even though his play is without doubt. And I don't usually care what a player looks like as it's a snooker contest not Miss World. But, there's something about his appearance that kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies. It's not his hair, really. More the fact that nothing seems right about him. He looks like he was made from spare parts somehow. Every part of his body seems the wrong shape for him. <laugh> Cracking player though.

Postby Wildey

Christ how can it be clear cut for Higgins :|

seriously on route Higgins will play either Ronnie or Murphy thats pretty much clear cut if he gets past Stephen Lee Then Ricky Walden.

that is one hell of a serious section of the Draw

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Christ how can it be clear cut for Higgins :|

seriously on route Higgins will play either Ronnie or Murphy thats pretty much clear cut if he gets past Stephen Lee Then Ricky Walden.

Higgins vs Stephen Lee. What an amazing first round match that's going to be. bad monkey Any of that match on when I'm not at work, let me check.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Ding for me, is sometimes harshly treated for not showing personality around the table. Bear in mind he's from a completely different culture, and also has been learning the English language in between putting in the several hours of practice a day it takes to be a top player. Ding isn't going to be very good at engaging the UK fans with wit an annecdotes, you have to take that into consideration. Anybody who saw his Master's Final against Ronnie in 2007 knows that Ding isn't the machine everybody says he his. And I think the fact he sometimes let's his head drop sometimes indicates a personality there, and these nuances allow for extra analysis during his games.

Moving on to Trump, any doubts I had about him as a player were removed at the China Open.(Bourne :ok:). But, I'm still waiting to see how he engages people on the table with his personality. There's something about him as a person that doesn't engage me somehow, even though his play is without doubt. And I don't usually care what a player looks like as it's a snooker contest not Miss World. But, there's something about his appearance that kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies. It's not his hair, really. More the fact that nothing seems right about him. He looks like he was made from spare parts somehow. Every part of his body seems the wrong shape for him. <laugh> Cracking player though.

rofl that trump bit makes me laugh cause when I was watching him walk around the table from that slightly above the table shot they always use, his legs didnt match his body. He was either walking like he was trying to hold a poo in or doing his best cowboy impression walk.

I think its cause hes one of the teenagers who wears their trousers around their knees and has to walk funny to keep them up. Hes so used to doing that that its stayed with him whatever trousers he wears. Im not to sure which one of the three though..Thoughts? :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:I think its cause hes one of the teenagers who wears their trousers around their knees and has to walk funny to keep them up. Hes so used to doing that that its stayed with him whatever trousers he wears.

pmsl

Postby Rocketmaster

SnookerFan wrote:

Higgins vs Stephen Lee. What an amazing first round match that's going to be. bad monkey Any of that match on when I'm not at work, let me check.

Snookerfan, where did you get that monkey from??? send it me please. O and Ch**t Higgins is not a cert to progress

Postby SnookerFan

Rocketmaster wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Snookerfan, where did you get that monkey from??? send it me please. O and Ch**t Higgins is not a cert to progress

It's a smilie on here. Type the word jizz into a post but put a : directly before or after, and the twiddling monkey appears.

Postby Tubberlad

Rocketmaster wrote:Some of these people on this forum are deluded!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Yeah, I agree. A lot of people tipping Ronnie for the World title this year :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:rofl that trump bit makes me laugh cause when I was watching him walk around the table from that slightly above the table shot they always use, his legs didnt match his body. He was either walking like he was trying to hold a poo in or doing his best cowboy impression walk.

I think its cause hes one of the teenagers who wears their trousers around their knees and has to walk funny to keep them up. Hes so used to doing that that its stayed with him whatever trousers he wears. Im not to sure which one of the three though..Thoughts? :chin:

He looks like he is thrown together. That's all I can say. His hair, of course, looks like a bird's next. But his nost is such a weird shape that he looks like a character from Camberwick Green. (You're young, google it.) When he smiles, he looks like every tooth in his mouth has been super glued in personally. It's just such a weird assortment of teeth. And, to follow it all, his whole body weighs less then his cue, he's that bloody thin. Almost every body part he has, looks like it doesn't belong with the rest. :shrug: He is just a physical representation of the smiley :huh: