Re: Tasty 2nd round

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:If all goes well the second round would look like this -

Robbo v Gould
Ding v Ebdon
Allen v Maguire
Murphy v Ronnie

These are great games, I envy those going to the second round :happy:

i think Allen and Gould are dodgy even Robbo isnt yet penciled in.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

Robbo v Gould
Ding v Ebdon
Allen v Maguire
Murphy v Ronnie

I make Gould a slight favourite against Fu, as Fu is dropping down the rankings and Gould is coming up. Robbo certainly isn't guaranteed against a resurgent Trump, and Mark Allen is also no way guaranteed to beat Stevens. And the way Ronnie is going, you never know if he'll even beat Dale, let alone anybody else.

I certainly think there are no guarantees this year. Everyone is so match sharp. I'd be surprised if all four matches were exactly as you stated.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Ding v Ebdon tasty, not in my view :sad:

Murphy v Ronnie would be huge if it came about, that would be the match of the round by far.

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Ding v Ebdon tasty, not in my view :sad:

Murphy v Ronnie would be huge if it came about, that would be the match of the round by far.

Let's assume Ronnie both men get past their respective first round matches, I actually think playing Shaun "I think Ronnie is a pin end" Murphy will give Ronnie the boost he needs. He hates it when he doesn't feel challenged in a tournament. And can there really be more of a challenge then having a potential Murphy, Higgins, Williams path to the final, with the added bonus of being able to beat somebody who has tension with him. It might get Ronnie really up for this tournament, and suddenly playing well. Ronnie being Ronnie his form can change just like that.

I think Dale is key here, in this Crucible story. People have dimissed him as if he's already booked his train home on Tuesday evening. If Ronnie plays as apathetically as he did against Bingham in Telford, then there's no reason why there can't be another shock upset on the cards here. But at the same time, if Ronnie does make it past, The Crucible comes alive for him. And he's scheduled to play more days then he's not, so he might go on a run to the final without batting an eyelid.

He could also lose first round to Dale.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

Robbo v Gould
Ding v Ebdon
Allen v Maguire
Murphy v Ronnie

I make Gould a slight favourite against Fu, as Fu is dropping down the rankings and Gould is coming up. Robbo certainly isn't guaranteed against a resurgent Trump, and Mark Allen is also no way guaranteed to beat Stevens. And the way Ronnie is going, you never know if he'll even beat Dale, let alone anybody else.

I certainly think there are no guarantees this year. Everyone is so match sharp. I'd be surprised if all four matches were exactly as you stated.

i think Fu v Gould is a great 1st Rounder but i make Fu the Favorite in that match.

im a fan of Gould i think hes a great player but he has a lot to live up to after last year and what happened afterwords.

Postby GJ

Gouldy will have no mental issues when facing fu , now if he faces robbo it could be a different story

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess, to have Gould play Marco Fu and then Neil Robertson again, it'll be interesting. A bit like Ding seems to draw Stephen Hendry a lot at The Crucible, these matches could become another Crucible rivalry.