Post a reply

ive brought the graeme dott book

Postby jojo

ive read one chapter of greame dotts book chapter thirteen called getting a bad press

he has a go at the media in general especially willie thorne although he says he likes willie as a person he a decent one and fun to be with but his gripe with willie is that he keep going on about making big breaks when commentating on dotts matches dott would make around 40 then put a colour safe then willie would criticize dott saying things like that was a golden chance greame missed hes not scoring enough thats why he wont make it to the very top

dott also mentions another occasion where willie thorne said theres some great players from scotland and said eight names and didnt include dotts name and that hurt dott

he has a go at thorne saying it easy to speak from the commentary box not when you at the table he says thorne never reached the one table situation at the crucible he having a dig back at him and also mentions something about thorne making maximum breaks in practice

dott also says things like a lot of the commentators are out of touch with the modern game as they played a long time ago but he has special praise for neil foulds saying he easily the best commentator and he cant understand why neil doesnt commentate on more of his matches

generally dott saying things like he cant understand why the media have a negative perception of him and says when he play slow he gets bad press but when selby play slow no one says anything negative

he also says its difficult when the commentators fail to give ronnies opponents credit when they beat him it always something like ronnies got depression or his head not right or hes tired but never because the other player tried his best and was better than ronnie on the day

he heaps a lot of praise on alex lambie who i think is his father in law who passed away a few years ago

to me it seems like greame dott the human being is very much like the greame dott on the snooker table ie very hard but very fair an honest fighter

more will follow after ive read some more chapters over the next few days i will try to pick out points after each chapter ive read probably one a day

im not going to read the book in chronological order i just pick out the chapters i want to read first but still end up reading the whole book so the information i put on here not going to be in any particular order just any chapter at a time that why i started from chapter thirteen
Last edited by jojo on 05 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ive brought the graeme dott book

Postby Bourne

Every review i've seen of this book has been very good so i'm definitely going to get it probably next week to get me right into the groove for the following fortnight :hatoff:

Postby jojo

in this chapter he also mention a little about internet forums saying he steers clear of them because he read some comments that hurt him really badly he saying things like people writing about him when theyve never met him or dont know anything about his private life yet they feel it necessary to have a go at him

he also having a dig at one or two referees though he didnt mention a name he said refereeing a snooker match shouldnt be hard they just need to know the rules and apply common sense he said the best referees are the ones that keep a low profile know the rules and apply common sense when necessary

he said one or two referees have got things wrong on occasions but never admit their mistakes

dont want to cast any aspersions but i think he talking about alec chamberlain ha

Postby Roland

I'll be interviewing him this week and the book will feature prominently. I've been skim reading it again for questions and I got well and truely sucked in to reading every word.

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe I will order it off of Amazon to arrive, so I can have it to read on the way to The Crucible. Let's face it, the way Dott goes in Sheffield he's as like as not to be in the final.

Postby jojo

ill explain a little bit about chapter fifteen which called on top of the world

he starts off talking about the malta open where he reached the final and lost to hendry he mentions his admiration for malta and pays tribute to davis hendry and higgins three players he had to face in malta

in the earlier rounds he talked about his 5-0 win over ronnie o sullivan he could tell ronnie wasnt up for it fidgeting in his chair not looking interested and playing wild shots anyhow dott mentioned how he played four excellent frames winning all these with big breaks however frame four ronnie potted a few reds and blacks on for a maximum missed then conceded when on something like 25

dott said he couldnt care less ronnie conceded he always wants to win but was annoyed with the media reaction they kept talking about ronnie this and that but no mention of the four great frames dott played

dott also mentioned how the media belittled him or didnt give him the respect he deserved as he played in three major finals and lost them all to ronnie higgins and hendry he had a go at people for calling him things like bottler for not yet winning a final from three attempts that very harsh indeed just look at the three players he played totally agree with him on that
he mentioned he played excellent against hendry and couldnt have played any better it just wasnt meant to be hendry won 9-7

fast forward to the world championship he starts off talking his first round match against ian mcculloch the year before he won it he lost in the first round to mcculloch this in 2005 he said he never liked playing mcculloch because he always too slow but acknowledged mcculloch held himself together well to win 10-9

moving onto the year he won at the crucible 2006 in particular he pays a lot of attention to the quarter final match against neil robertson alec chamberlain was referee in that match

he said he had plenty of history with chamberlain who in a previous game with higgins called three fouls on dott saying his bowtie touched the red and dott strongly disagreed anyhow he had to accept the decision

in the match against robertson he talks about when he was 12-8 up his safety tactics were working robertson kept going gung ho and leaving dott in now and again anyway robertson continued to play the same way and in the blink of an eye it was 12-10

in the 25th frame robertson left dott on the baulk cushion and dott thought he was snookered trying to hit the reds he attempted a two cushion escape shot and missed twice

then robertson told chamberlain to warn dott as he could hit a red direct and chamberlain did warn dott saying he would lose the frame if he failed to hit a red

dott as you can imagine was a bit surprised as he thought he was snookered and said chamberlain must have replaced the cueball in the wrong position because dott didnt think he was snookered otherwise he wouldnt have played this particular shot

chamberlain said no he put it in the correct place because of the chalk mark dott said that chalk mark must have been from another shot but he had to accept chamberlains decision as chamberlain didnt budge

at this moment he said he was a bit disappointed with robertson because whilst dott was arguing with chamberlain robertson just left him to it and went back to his chair and sat down whilst dott and chamberlain were arguing

dott said he was hurt because he not a parakeet and it looked like he tried to parakeet anyway he had to play the red on caught it all wrong and robertson cleared up and won the next frame to take the match into a decider dott said he was fuming inside his head was spinning and he expected to lose the decider

in the decider it was close and he mentions a particular shot on the yellow he tried to play safe off it just tried to clip it this with only the six colours left on the table and frame and match on a knife edge

he missed the yellow referee called foul and a miss and he expected robertson to put him back as robertson didnt have a pot on the yellow but to his surprise robertson although he took a long time in deciding he decided to play a safety shot on the yellow himself without putting dott back in

he played the safety shot all wrong double kissed the yellow left it on for dott who said he couldnt wait to get out of his chair and went on to win the match

in the post match comments he said he was very surprised robertson didnt ask him to play the yellow again but said the reason robertson didnt put him in again was because robertson thought dott was going to get the safety shot on the yellow correct and put robertson in trouble

dott said he has no problems with robertson and was just pleased to win after a tight match and there was mutual respect between the two but i dont think he likes chamberlain ha

i cant be bothered to write anyomore i will try to finish off this chapter tomorrow when he talk about the semi with ronnie and final with ebdon

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Maybe I will order it off of Amazon to arrive, so I can have it to read on the way to The Crucible. Let's face it, the way Dott goes in Sheffield he's as like as not to be in the final.

Can you read :hatoff:

How could I post on a forum, if I couldn't?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Maybe I will order it off of Amazon to arrive, so I can have it to read on the way to The Crucible. Let's face it, the way Dott goes in Sheffield he's as like as not to be in the final.

Can you read :hatoff:

How could I post on a forum, if I couldn't?

mightofbeenafluke :hatoff:

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:ill explain a little bit about chapter fifteen which called on top of the world

he starts off talking about the malta open where he reached the final and lost to hendry he mentions his admiration for malta and pays tribute to davis hendry and higgins three players he had to face in malta

in the earlier rounds he talked about his 5-0 win over ronnie o sullivan he could tell ronnie wasnt up for it fidgeting in his chair not looking interested and playing wild shots anyhow dott mentioned how he played four excellent frames winning all these with big breaks however frame four ronnie potted a few reds and blacks on for a maximum missed then conceded when on something like 25

dott said he couldnt care less ronnie conceded he always wants to win but was annoyed with the media reaction they kept talking about ronnie this and that but no mention of the four great frames dott played

dott also mentioned how the media belittled him or didnt give him the respect he deserved as he played in three major finals and lost them all to ronnie higgins and hendry he had a go at people for calling him things like bottler for not yet winning a final from three attempts that very harsh indeed just look at the three players he played totally agree with him on that
he mentioned he played excellent against hendry and couldnt have played any better it just wasnt meant to be hendry won 9-7

fast forward to the world championship he starts off talking his first round match against ian mcculloch the year before he won it he lost in the first round to mcculloch this in 2005 he said he never liked playing mcculloch because he always too slow but acknowledged mcculloch held himself together well to win 10-9

moving onto the year he won at the crucible 2006 in particular he pays a lot of attention to the quarter final match against neil robertson alec chamberlain was referee in that match

he said he had plenty of history with chamberlain who in a previous game with higgins called three fouls on dott saying his bowtie touched the red and dott strongly disagreed anyhow he had to accept the decision

in the match against robertson he talks about when he was 12-8 up his safety tactics were working robertson kept going gung ho and leaving dott in now and again anyway robertson continued to play the same way and in the blink of an eye it was 12-10

in the 25th frame robertson left dott on the baulk cushion and dott thought he was snookered trying to hit the reds he attempted a two cushion escape shot and missed twice

then robertson told chamberlain to warn dott as he could hit a red direct and chamberlain did warn dott saying he would lose the frame if he failed to hit a red

dott as you can imagine was a bit surprised as he thought he was snookered and said chamberlain must have replaced the cueball in the wrong position because dott didnt think he was snookered otherwise he wouldnt have played this particular shot

chamberlain said no he put it in the correct place because of the chalk mark dott said that chalk mark must have been from another shot but he had to accept chamberlains decision as chamberlain didnt budge

at this moment he said he was a bit disappointed with robertson because whilst dott was arguing with chamberlain robertson just left him to it and went back to his chair and sat down whilst dott and chamberlain were arguing

dott said he was hurt because he not a parakeet and it looked like he tried to parakeet anyway he had to play the red on caught it all wrong and robertson cleared up and won the next frame to take the match into a decider dott said he was fuming inside his head was spinning and he expected to lose the decider

in the decider it was close and he mentions a particular shot on the yellow he tried to play safe off it just tried to clip it this with only the six colours left on the table and frame and match on a knife edge

he missed the yellow referee called foul and a miss and he expected robertson to put him back as robertson didnt have a pot on the yellow but to his surprise robertson although he took a long time in deciding he decided to play a safety shot on the yellow himself without putting dott back in

he played the safety shot all wrong double kissed the yellow left it on for dott who said he couldnt wait to get out of his chair and went on to win the match

in the post match comments he said he was very surprised robertson didnt ask him to play the yellow again but said the reason robertson didnt put him in again was because robertson thought dott was going to get the safety shot on the yellow correct and put robertson in trouble

dott said he has no problems with robertson and was just pleased to win after a tight match and there was mutual respect between the two but i dont think he likes chamberlain ha

i cant be bothered to write anyomore i will try to finish off this chapter tomorrow when he talk about the semi with ronnie and final with ebdon

JOJO :hatoff:

Brilliant stuff. The Chamberlain thingy is true cos it happened in the match with Selby where Dotty stopped the white with his knuckle, they have history for sure. <ok>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Chamberlain was a hammer. I'm glad he retired.

chamberlain hata :grrr:

Postby Roland

How come all everybody on here and twitter is talking about these last couple of days is Dotty and his book? Why not weeks ago when it came out? Why today when I'm doing the interview?!

Postby Roland

I've just finished the interview. If you wait for the link to his book from the interview we may hopefully work something out regarding Amazon referrals so hold your horses!

Dotty pulled no punches, he had a right pop at Alan Chamberlain! snake hiss funny. He made me burst out laughing a few times it must be said.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:I've just finished the interview. If you wait for the link to his book from the interview we may hopefully work something out regarding Amazon referrals so hold your horses!

Dotty pulled no punches, he had a right pop at Alan Chamberlain! snake hiss funny. He made me burst out laughing a few times it must be said.

I wouldn't expect him to pull any punches!

Chamberlain probably did nothing wrong going by the rulebook, but I always think common sense is how a sport should be refereed, and from the standpoint, it was the worst display I've seen from a referee. Awful.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:He also said that Selby is the most negative player in the top 16!

dotty :hatoff: