Who is going to win

Mark Allen
53%
Matthew Stevens
47%

Total votes : 15

Mark Allen vs Matthew Stevens

Postby SnookerFan

Another cracker. Looking forward to this one. Both sessions are evening ones, so it's a match I will be able to watch in it's entirety. How does everybody see it going?

Re: Mark Allen vs Matthew Stevens

Postby GJ

Stevens win

Postby simplysnooker

Considering Allen's last two years at th Crucible it'll be tough to see past him, but Stevens has picked up some form recently winning theChampionship League so will be a close one. One match I'm really looking forward to!

Postby The Cueist

Have to disagree with you on that one old pal,Allen will raise his game as Stevens is a choker since he lost his dad.There i said it.

I hope Matthew can give Mark a good match as i have always liked his style of play.

Matthew for me has always been a should have been.

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:stevens is in form and allen is suffering from depression so i give stevens the edge.

Plus i want a stevens-williams quarter final <ok>

Mate. Imagine that....

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Stevens will have Crucible demons though. :chin:

Snookerfan ;-) Imagine that!!!!!!!!! you would have to,Believe me. :fart:

Did you quote the wrong bit? :huh:

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:Have to disagree with you on that one old pal,Allen will raise his game as Stevens is a choker since he lost his dad.There i said it.

I hope Matthew can give Mark a good match as i have always liked his style of play.

Matthew for me has always been a should have been.

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

i think it will be a pressure cooker match that doesent live up to expectations.

its easy to forget if he loses this Match Mark Allen is back in qualifying for the start of next season and Stevens playing there after 2 years absence will feel the pressure of wanting to prove he is a top player again.

i expect a nervy match.

Postby GJ

It wont be a runaway match either way pretty close

stevens to edge it

Postby nice_shoes_ken

As a Allen fan I will plump for him, will be a cracking match though but of course Allen is going through some problems hope he can have another good run in the World Championships like I said loads of times before.

Stevens is back and is playing pretty well, needs to live up to expectations though don't want to see him let us all down and get beat something like 10-5.

Postby SnookerFan

Stevens has has a pretty solid season, as a qualifier. Ding thrashed him in Telford though. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out. Mental demons appearing for both men, perhaps?

Postby mediter

I have always find Mark Allen´s break-building the most interesting. There´s just something very natural in it. Come on Allen !

One of the best and most entertaining match ever for me was 2009 WC O´Sullivan vs Allen. Fantastic break-building from boths, and O´Sullivan said afterwards Allen played brilliantly there.

Postby SnookerFan

mediter wrote:I have always find Mark Allen´s break-building the most interesting. There´s just something very natural in it. Come on Allen !

One of the best and most entertaining match ever for me was 2009 WC O´Sullivan vs Allen. Fantastic break-building from boths, and O´Sullivan said afterwards Allen played brilliantly there.

I was dumb enough to have the other match on because I thought that was a guaranteed Ronnie win. Even when Allen led, I thought he'd choke it, I only turned the last frame or so on when I realised he might not.

Allen . <cool>

Postby kostasmad

Stevens slight favourite for me.

The odds you find in will hill or bet365.com are crap. I would take a 2,3 to stevens any day. I think it will be close...10-8

Postby Casey

I will be there for both sessions of this match. Allen to win, he has a very good crucible record.

Postby kostasmad

by Sonny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am

The form guide says Stevens, that's why

Great thing is that they have played each other many times and the games were not close.

Stevens 13-9 in WC and 5-2 in China,

Allen 5-2 in Welsh open last year.

Even this year in CL Stevens beat Allen 2 times i think in the round matches 3-0 and Allen beat him in the semis two times 3-0!

However i feel this one will be close... I remember when i was in Telford 3 years ago, Allen was behind me and watching Stevens - Day match (Stevens won 9-5). He was saying that Stevens would win this match with ease and looked like he enjoyed the way Stevens was playing...

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:i think it will be a pressure cooker match that doesent live up to expectations.

its easy to forget if he loses this Match Mark Allen is back in qualifying for the start of next season and Stevens playing there after 2 years absence will feel the pressure of wanting to prove he is a top player again.

i expect a nervy match.

Interesting points.

Sometimes nervey matches can be the most exciting, but also can be very scrappy if they are so nervous they don't pot anything. We'll see how it pans out.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:The form guide says Stevens, that's why

Really? Allen has reached the SF's of both majors this year, Stevens got stuffed 5-0 by Hendry in his last match :|

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:
Sonny wrote:The form guide says Stevens, that's why

Really? Allen has reached the SF's of both majors this year, Stevens got stuffed 5-0 by Hendry in his last match :|

War Stevens. :box:

Postby GJ

COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Casey

GJ wrote:COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:td:

Allen all the way bro :happy:

Postby kostasmad

Matthew Stevens
At TG's Matchroom in Llanelli having a practice with Michael White today. (From his facebook page)

Waht the hell is he doing? He should train with Williams. Its a hell of a player and his friend.