Topic locked

Re: Another example of quality journalism

Postby SnookerFan

When I clicked that link, I saw a picture of Ronnie and this following quote;

"CALL him Royal Ronnie O'Sullivan. The Rocket wants snooker's World Championship to take April 29 off so players can see the big wedding."

Is that it? Or is there more to the article that I am missing. No supposed quotes or mentions of where they got this information from? They say you can't even trust the date in The Sun, but bucking hell there doesn't even seem to be any fact for The Sun to twist round here. That's like one of the posts we had on here on April Fool's day. How do we know anything happened at all, let alone it being true?

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:When I clicked that link, I saw a picture of Ronnie and this following quote;

"CALL him Royal Ronnie O'Sullivan. The Rocket wants snooker's World Championship to take April 29 off so players can see the big wedding."

Is that it? Or is there more to the article that I am missing. No supposed quotes or mentions of where they got this information from? They say you can't even trust the date in The Sun, but intercoursing hell there doesn't even seem to be any fact for The Sun to twist round here. That's like one of the posts we had on here on April Fool's day. How do we know anything happened at all, let alone it being true?

rofl rofl rofl

indeed, same for me and true or not I find this hilarious ... especially considering how much "establishment" Ronnie is ...

Postby kostasmad

Ah crap....I always fight with my fellow colleagues about that. Why the hell you need Royals in the 21st century...You Brits are sheeps...lol

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/3511338/Ronnie-OSullivan-wants-snooker-players-to-get-a-day-off-to-watch-the-royal-wedding.html

Ronnie wants the day off to watch the Royal Wedding.

I think you'll have time to watch it Ronnie, don't worry <laugh>

i think Ronnie said it in a jokey wind up way and they printed it <laugh>