Post a reply

Will there be another Power Snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

When this came on in October, it seemed to split opinion, but the thread voting on whether it was a success ran for several weeks after the event did. (Mainly because Wild hated it, and felt the need to remind us. <laugh> ) I remember, a tad more people voted it as a success rather then failure.

People seemed to love the Snooker Shootout, but I didn't see much of it, so can't really comment. Have people forgotten about Power Snooker? Or was it just not as successful viewership wise as we thought?

Re: Will there be another Power Snooker?

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Let's hope to buck not

I've just been reading old threads, as I'm having a very slow day at work. <laugh> You really hated it, didn't you?

It was rubbish, as rubbish as rubbish can be... :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Power snooker was snooker for retards

The sky shootout was quality entertainment

Postby Wildey

Never ever ever ever and another ever in that form.

it looked amatarish and seedy

the rules gave me a headake

and the crowd was drunken yobs.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:Never ever ever ever and another ever in that form.

it looked amatarish and seedy

the rules gave me a headake

and the crowd was drunken yobs.

yes the thing its rembred for is the drunk yobs singing

ding jun hui ma lord ding jun hui rofl

joke event :boo: :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Though I must confess, I noticed a few of the aforementioned retards at the event. Going "oooooh" every time the Power Ball was potted, and being unable to contain their laughter when Michaela said; "Power Zone!" :zzz:

Postby Roland

Wild obviously fell into the trap of judging the GAME by the crowd and not the game. So there were some snake hissed hammers who turned up. What the buck does that have to do with the actual game?

Postby GJ

there were pised hammers a sky shootout and it was great value unlike the farce known as power snooker

Postby Wildey

but thats the thing the crowd was dominant to the point there was a presenter in the crowd interacting with them.

they were just encouraging crowd shouting and crowd getting snake hissed unlike Darts where its natrual.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Wild obviously fell into the trap of judging the GAME by the crowd and not the game. So there were some snake hissed hammers who turned up. What the buck does that have to do with the actual game?

It was hard not to notice the razmatazz they added though. They used to the whole thing as an exercise in adding chessy razmatazz. The presenter/announcer/general bloke was actually encouraging people to get drunk at one point. At one point, after Micahaela Tabb was interviewed, he turned round and went; "Wow. Is she an unofficial Power Girl, or what?" This after the website announced that having all-female referees was one of their 'innovative developments'. Image And those quirky funny coloured bright shirts they made them wear.

Point is, it has nothing to do with the rules of the game, but you wouldn't know it the way they shoved it down your throat like women and drunkenness were part of the game.

Postby Roland

Ha - this topic title fed to the Twitter feed and had this response from Dave Hendon:

davehendon David Hendon
@
@snookerisland Bearing in mind they can't even afford to pay their advert in Snooker Scene, I'd say the answer would be 'no'

Postby GJ

dave

:hatoff:

Any news on sky shootout returning next year ?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ha - this topic title fed to the Twitter feed and had this response from Dave Hendon:

davehendon David Hendon
@
@snookerisland Bearing in mind they can't even afford to pay their advert in Snooker Scene, I'd say the answer would be 'no'

hahaha like the twitter feed it brings in response from people in the know.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:dave

:hatoff:

Any news on sky shootout returning next year ?

Sky Shootout was a pleasent surprise for me.

it was like 5 a side football they used to play during the summer dont know if they still do that.

but where players could snake hiss about for a weekend having fun...

the only thing i was snake hissed off about that was this talk of ball in hand rule replacing the miss.

Postby GJ

and you hated the countdown as well

HA HA

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:and you hated the countdown as well

HA HA

5, 4 (hits cue ball)... 3, 2, 1

wild :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

"counting runts"

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:and you hated the countdown as well

HA HA

yes first day that was irratating but once they settled down it became a natrual snooker envioronment with a difference.

i sdidnt mind the shouting and ocational countdown on the frame clock but on every shot on the friday :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Ha - this topic title fed to the Twitter feed and had this response from Dave Hendon:

davehendon David Hendon
@

<laugh> Cue the revolution.

:rip: The future of snooker, we hardly knew you. :-(

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

davehendon David Hendon
@

<laugh> Cue the revolution.

:rip: The future of snooker, we hardly knew you. :-(

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:was alright, they're keeping busy on Facebook and say stay tuned for news on upcoming events, so Wild there's no need to worry, it aint over yet!

Dave Hendon thinks other wise.

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:Power snooker was snooker for retards

The sky shootout was quality entertainment

GJ :hatoff: Could..not...agree...more! Well said <ok>

Postby Smart

davehendon David Hendon
@

Dave just bitter that Clive got the commentating gig and not him :hatoff: