What channel?

BBC Interactive
78%
Eurosport
22%

Total votes : 9

How will people be viewing?

Postby SnookerFan

Assuming the matches aren't on BBC main channel, what will you be watcing the World Championship on? Discuss.

Re: How will people be viewing?

Postby GJ

BBC interactive

willie thorne is miles ahead of eurosport ones

Postby Roland

The China Open was on Eurosport HD and then when it was on Eurosport 2 the other half walked in and asked why the picture was fuzzy and was there something wrong <laugh>

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:The China Open was on Eurosport HD and then when it was on Eurosport 2 the other half walked in and asked why the picture was fuzzy and was there something wrong <laugh>

I have to agree here, never thought I would say it, but the difference is massive. :hatoff:

HD :hatoff:

Postby GJ

HD :limp:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Image

I take it BBC Interactive doesn't coming in your beloved 'Sparkling High Definition' Sonny?

willie thorne :afro:

eurosport :limp:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Image

I take it BBC Interactive doesn't coming in your beloved 'Sparkling High Definition' Sonny?

willie thorne :afro:

eurosport :limp:

I tend to pick and choose between both BBC and Eurosport depending on who is commentating..................

Thorne grates me, so does Taylor, so if they are in tandem then off I skip to Eurosport as long as Joe Johnson is not on the mic. rofl

Postby GJ

taylor is useless cant even get the players names right

thorne at least tries to explain the situation and isnt afraid to critiscise shot selection

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:taylor is useless cant even get the players names right

thorne at least tries to explain the situation and isnt afraid to critiscise shot selection

I just find Thorne to be smug and as if he was the most attacking most fantastic player, when he was not. He annoys me and if I was a player I would have it out with him. :hatoff:

Postby GJ

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Eurosport is for sad people who don't know how to work the red button. Hate Eurosport commentary absolute rubbish.

totally agree

hendon is good but the other clowns are rubbish

Postby SnookerFan

My parents just got a new Sky Box because their last one conked out. The red button is actually red again on their remote. It had been worn out with use before, and had become pink. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

The Eurosport commentators are quite annoying. They don't seem to know much about snooker, and are constantly making mistakes. Even at home I sometime notice a mistake they've made, and a few minutes later they realise it.

I was watching a tournament once and they were talking about the Masters final that Steve Davis beat Ronnie, and could't remember what year it was. They said 'about 2002'. This was particularly unacceptable, as sat at home I knew it was 1997, off the top of my head. Eventually somebody else in the studio googled it, and they said; "It was actually 1997, our sources tell us. Well. I didn't think it was that early." :roll:

Postby Roland

Hendon and Joe Johnson are good on Eurosport. Hallett is pretty poor, waffling a lot and calling a lot of wrong shots but for some reason I don't mind him, and Mike Smith clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he must be one of those stock Eurosport commentators who does shifts and commentates on whatever sport happens to be on at that time. He clearly enjoys snooker, but he hasn't got a bloody clue. It's embarrassing sometimes when he calls into question players shot selection like he knows better.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Hendon and Joe Johnson are good on Eurosport. Hallett is pretty poor, waffling a lot and calling a lot of wrong shots but for some reason I don't mind him, and Mike Smith clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he must be one of those stock Eurosport commentators who does shifts and commentates on whatever sport happens to be on at that time. He clearly enjoys snooker, but he hasn't got a bloody clue. It's embarrassing sometimes when he calls into question players shot selection like he knows better.

Joe Johnson? rofl

Hes the worst! Just sits there saying the same old phrases like. 'make no mistakes' , and 'ooo thats a great shot' With his annoying little voice. Then makes endless mistakes! Saying he should take this pot on when theres a clear safety and awful stuff like that! Gets me angry listening to him.

Postby SnookerFan

Joe Johnson makes me laugh though. There'll be a match on, and the other commentator will waffle on endlessly about something or other. Then the player in question makes a shot, and Joe Johnson suddenly out of nowhere in his husky bear-sounding voice will go; "Very good shot."

It's like he doesn't care if he adds anything, or not. He's just happy to be paid to be watching snooker. <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

BBC, no adverts. Don't want to be waiting for a final frame decider to be interrupted by Incredible India and Turkish Airlines.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Is Joe Johnson on acid, or some other strong drugs..................thats what I'd like answering. :hatoff:

:bowdown: :bowdown: Image

no offence to northerners reading this message but he lets the lot of you down.......................he should speak thru a device to change the accent to something more acceptable, also some sort of brain transplant should be done on him....................

Isthataskingtoomuch :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:BBC, no adverts. Don't want to be waiting for a final frame decider to be interrupted by Incredible India and Turkish Airlines.

:hatoff: