Topic locked

Hendo v Perry - Who do you think will win ?

Poll ended at 15 Apr 2011

Hendo
69%
Perry
31%

Total votes : 16

Hendo v Perry ?

Postby GJ

I think this is a really tough match to call , yes hendo is in better form but joe has shown decent form in recent years at the crucible so it could be alot closer than some people think.

In the last 3 years hendo has scraped through in the opening round 10-9 , so if perry can play well i think he has every chance of beating hendo.

How do you see this match going ?

Re: Hendo v Perry ?

Postby SnookerFan

That's another match that looks good, I forgot to mention this in my other thread about other first round matches. I think this half of the draw is open for somebody unexpected to have a good run. But will it be Hendry? I'm not so sure. Perry is no mug, and it's possible he'll have to face Ding, again, early in the draw. I'm really psyched for Hendry vs Perry. I think it could go 10-9 or 10-8 either way.

Postby Wildey

there is no way on this planet Joe Perry will beat Hendry under the pressure Stephen has at the World Championship this year.

Postby Wildey

dont know what it is with hendry in the last 2 tournaments hes started well beating Perry 4-0 in the welsh and Stevens 5-0 in china then started the second match well 147 in Wales then 2-0 up on Ding in China and literally fell apart.

Postby Roland

Come on Group Leader!

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Hendry did quite well in China this week, but he is slowly slipping down the rankings. Can see Perry putting in a good fight here, but think Hendry will nick it Joe is a very good player, but he is not playing aswell as he was about 3 years ago. Think you can count these two as off form players, Hendry 10-8 possibly :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:dont know what it is with hendry in the last 2 tournaments hes started well beating Perry 4-0 in the welsh and Stevens 5-0 in china then started the second match well 147 in Wales then 2-0 up on Ding in China and literally fell apart.

He literally fell apart, hey? That must have been disgusting to watch....

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Hendry did quite well in China this week, but he is slowly slipping down the rankings. Can see Perry putting in a good fight here, but think Hendry will nick it Joe is a very good player, but he is not playing aswell as he was about 3 years ago. Think you can count these two as off form players, Hendry 10-8 possibly :chin:

No, they both are. Hendry, even a few years ago, would still do well at The Crucible. He was getting semi-final appearances, have done little more then win first round matches all season. But now, he seems to struggle even at the legendary venue.

I can't see Hendry keeping his top-16 birth much longer.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:Hendry did quite well in China this week, but he is slowly slipping down the rankings. Can see Perry putting in a good fight here, but think Hendry will nick it Joe is a very good player, but he is not playing aswell as he was about 3 years ago. Think you can count these two as off form players, Hendry 10-8 possibly :chin:

No, they both are. Hendry, even a few years ago, would still do well at The Crucible. He was getting semi-final appearances, have done little more then win first round matches all season. But now, he seems to struggle even at the legendary venue.

I can't see Hendry keeping his top-16 birth much longer.

if he will put the work in and get motivated by the PTC and qualifying he will be back in to the top 16 no worries the question is can he get motivated again.

Postby Wildey

but overall im more possitive of his capabilities to play to a high enough level than ive been for 5 or so years he just not maintaining that Level if he plays to the standard of the Stevens Match Selby will have problams in Round 2.

Postby Casey

This could very well be Hendry's last victory at the Crucible. He will win this match but undoubtedly lose in the next round.

Postby Roland

Perry can beat Hendry, he's done it before.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Perry can beat Hendry, he's done it before.

:hatoff:

Postby Bourne

A match that both will believe they can and should win, but you'd have to say the deciding factor will be Stephen's experience at the venue particularly on the big shots will be the key to him winning.

Postby Roland

Yes I think Hendry is the more likely winner

Postby vodkadiet

I am confident in a Perry win. Perry 10-6.

Postby GJ

5-4 so far

:john:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Perry can beat Hendry, he's done it before.

not at the crucible wont be this year i dont give a stuff where hes won before it wont be here in sheffield thats 100% with nobs on <ok>

Postby GJ

Wild your a funny man you say your more worried when hendo gets a easier draw and then when he does you say he will win anyway

HA HA

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Wild your a funny man you say your more worried when hendo gets a easier draw and then when he does you say he will win anyway

HA HA

:D

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Wild your a funny man you say your more worried when hendo gets a easier draw and then when he does you say he will win anyway

HA HA

this year playing me would be a hard draw for him because of the situation hes in ranking wise so it really doesent matter who he plays he would win it.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

HA HA

this year playing me would be a hard draw for him because of the situation hes in ranking wise so it really doesent matter who he plays he would win it.

we will see my heart says GL head says its 50/50

so still decide who i will pick in the match

:? ;-)

Postby Wildey

for me i think it will relieve the pressure on hendry if he loses first round and drops out of the top 16 when you been part of a group the elite for 23 years once your form drops off the pressure of trying to stay in almost overtakes everything else.

it happened to Steve Davis in exactly the same way in 2000 almost imediatly he droped out he started playing better with more freedome.

Postby SelbyFan

No matter what the result, the winner won't get further than Round 2.

Hendry to edge it, though.

Postby Wildey

SelbyFan wrote:No matter what the result, the winner won't get further than Round 2.

yea that Jimmy Robertson is a bit special.

Postby SelbyFan

Wild wrote:
SelbyFan wrote:No matter what the result, the winner won't get further than Round 2.

yea that Jimmy Robertson is a bit special.

:D