Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Wildey

March 28th~April 3rd at the Beijing Student University Stadium.

At 21 years of Age Judd Trump becomes the Youngest Finalist since Jamie Cope in 2007 China Open can he go one better and win to become the youngest Winner since Ding Junhui (19) in the 2006 Northern Ireland Trophy ?

or can Mark Selby at Last claim his second Ranking Title to go with his 2 Masters Titles ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Sunday April 3rd

7.30am and 12.30pm

Mark Selby v Judd Trump

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

And so it comes down to this.... Mark Selby vs Judd Trump.

So how do people see this match going? I did ponder earlier that a Ding vs Judd match could be a nervy affair, with Ding struggling under pressure of Chinese expectation, and Judd in his first ever final. But Ding crashed out to Selby. Selby has only won one ranking event, but has won two Masters titles which are as good as in terms of being a big time, pressure filled match.

At the same time, he's struggled to get that second ranker... And Judd has knocked out Peter Ebdon and Shaun Murphy. Two World Champions. I make Selby favourite. But I Ebdon was favourite, and I made Murphy strong favourite.

How do people see this going?

Postby jojo

willie thorne not that he was a great player ha

back to tomorrows final very intriguing wonder how judd will approach it does he play his natural attacking game or does he mix things up like people on here saying he has been doing in one or two matches this week which sound really impressive because all the time i seen him he only know how to play one way

selby looking for that long overdue second ranking title doesnt want to lose two ranking event finals in a row and trump looking for his first which is always significant mentally to overcome that barrier get that winning feeling also he will guarantee a top 16 place if he wins tomorrow so sheffield is almost like a free tournament

not sure who will win tomorrow but it a very intriguing match up
Last edited by jojo on 02 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jojo

not sure but it was some time in the eighties i think thornes mentioned it quite a few times on tv like that blue he missed against davis

i think it was against a semi journeyman player ie a lower seed in the earlier rounds and not one of the higher ranked players that why i cant remember the name sorry pal maybe wild will know he hussy the place down with post after post he has a lot of snooker knowledge until it comes to stephen hendry when his fanboyism take over ha

Postby vodkadiet

jojo wrote:i got it wrong pal mark williams the only player to make four centuries and still lose in a best of nine match

willie thorne made three centuries and an 80 odd when he lose 5-4 to murdo mcleod

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/03/29 ... h-preview/

So Williams is the only one then. :dizzy:

Postby GJ

comment by WILD from semi's thread

just think how edgy Robbo will be defending WC and first match against the china open champion

We will see if you have the bottle to predict a trump win then wildy boy in worlds predicts comp

:boo:

Postby SnookerFan

Right, I am off to bed... There's a final on early tomorrow. I'll catch you on the flip side, people. For some quality snooker watching, and crap talking.

Bourne. Enjoy your Trump worship, hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Hope the sheets aren't too stained by the morning.

Mr. Wild. Try and watch as much of the snooker as you can, I know her indoors has ideas of spending time with family tomorrow.

Selbyfan, welcome to the board, I'm glad Selby got to a final for your first tournament here.

Randam05 & Monique :bowdown:

Smart. I'd better say something about you so you don't feel left out.

Goodnight peeps. It's the final tomorrow. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:I think it will be similar to the Shanghai Masters final.

what a one time ranking winner vs a journeyman :-)

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

Bit harsh to call Mark a journeyman IMO, he's been one of the most consistent performers in the last few years <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Bit harsh to call Mark a journeyman IMO, he's been one of the most consistent performers in the last few years <ok>

na seriously

trump obviously better than your avarage ranking final debutant like burnett and im genunly plesed for him ive wanted this for some time thats why ive been tough its been out of frustration. ive always maintained ive never expected him to win tournaments just play to a consistant enough level and get consistant results.

well hes done that this week ok murphy was weak even blaming the crowd well tough smurph you got experiance and you got titles it was the same for both players if you cant hack it tough tits.

tomorrow trump could walk away a ranking event winner for me thats a bonus if it happens but if it happens my expectation in him will go higher for next season he has to live with the critizism thats how you improve praizing someone to the hilt just feeds a ego it doesent make you better.

Postby Wildey

i hope to god the second session will be ground to a complete standstil between 12.30pm and 2.30pm i might have a chance to be home in time to catch the conclusion.

i will be tuning in to SI on a mobile and will be expecting some scores <ok>

for once could i call on you to keep me updated :-)