Topic locked

Trump shuts up his critics

Postby Bourne

Judd Trump said, not wrote:Judd Trump reaches his first ranking final with victory over Shaun Murphy

Judd Trump admitted he was delighted to prove his critics wrong as he reached his first ranking event final.

Trump, 21, beat former World Champion Shaun Murphy 6-1 in the opening semi-final at the Bank of Beijing 2011 World Snooker China Open.

"It feels brilliant," said Trump. "It has been five or six seasons and finally I've done it.

"Every year that I've not got to a final there has been more and more pressure put on me.

"A lot of people started to doubt me and saying bad things like I'm over-hyped but hopefully that will prove a lot of people wrong.

"It does hurt and you start to doubt yourself and if you're actually that good. But I've come back stronger and just tried to prove everyone wrong.

"It's hard to keep away from seeing the criticism and there's always going to be one or two that don't want you to do well, but on the other hand there are many people that do.

"I've had a lot of support and people telling me to just wait and now it's finally come.

"I've always known I could do it and my family have known and everyone close to me has known, it's just taken longer than I thought."

Trump was ranked 25th in the world before this event but is now pushing to be in the top 16 for the first time ever.

He has enjoyed his best ever run as he has beaten Marco Fu, Mark Davis, Peter Ebdon and now Murphy, with a match against either Mark Selby or Ding Junhui to come in the final.

"I've not seen Mark so far in this tournament so I can't judge how he's playing but Ding looks good and played so well to come back after being 4-1 down against Kurt Maflin.

"It would be an unbelievable atmosphere against Ding but it would be easier playing Mark. Not because he's any less of a player, but because the crowd wouldn't be against me as much."

Murphy, who was aiming to become the first player to win consecutive ranking events since Ronnie O'Sullivan won two competitions in the spring of 2003, was disappointed to fall at the semi-final hurdle.

"I just didn't play well and I had chances in almost every frame," said Murphy.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 15,00.html

There's no more I can add, fantastic ! :hatoff:

Re: Trump shuts up his critics

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:There's no more I can add, fantastic ! :hatoff:

<laugh> Does this mean we aren't going to hear any more about Judd Trump from you?

Postby Wildey

he should shut the buck up and let his cue do the talking if he wants praise no bucker owes him buck all until he delivers so if we have doubted him its his own bucking fault plank

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Hatahs :wave: :afro:

no just hating up themselves kids thinking they are gods gifts without doing buck all to justify it :grrr:

Postby Lucky

Wild wrote:he should shut the buck up and let his cue do the talking if he wants praise no bucker owes him buck all until he delivers so if we have doubted him its his own bucking fault plank

:roll: .................some people!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Was it ever an issue of Judd Trump having critics. I personally had no opinion of him either way until I came on this site, but just got frustrated that he seems to be the only player that was talked about.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Was it ever an issue of Judd Trump having critics. I personally had no opinion of him either way until I came on this site, but just got frustrated that he seems to be the only player that was talked about.

my frustration was he was a white elephant of a player that was being talked of as some sort of great player when he hadent even reached 2 Last 16 until this season.

you cant expect people to not have a opinion if someone being talked of as a great prospect does buck all

Postby Tubberlad

No, he hasn't shut anyone up yet, and rightly so. Any professional player is capable of reaching a ranking final, or winning one for that matter. However, he has taken a very important step.

Players mature at different ages. Trump has actually done reasonably well in my opinion. He has been very consistent this season, won a PTC and now has a ranking final to look forward to. What's more, he has actually looked really mature by what I've seen.

There's a long way to go for Trump, but he is making some ground.

Postby jojo

it been difficult to assess how trump been playing this week as ive not seen any of his matches so it difficult to say if hes won on his own merit or because of his opponents not being par

i think there has been a lot of hype about him and not justified this week has been good for trump look like he on his way however win tomorrow will be huge

he wins his first ranker which is always massive for every player also he guarantees his top 16 place so that take a lot of pressure off him at the crucible

Postby GJ

jojo

If he wins tomorrow he will have added expectation on himself for crucible and its known in most sports when a young player wins their fors big event they have a let down in the next event

so we will see what happens

Postby jojo

but he not have to fight for a top 16 place i know you like robertson pal but if trump wins tomorrow all the pressure will be on robertson the senior player and defending champion trump will know his top 16 place guaranteed if he wins tomorrow

i dont think the public will expect much from him in sheffield even if he win tomorrow because he playing the defending champion that will almost be like a free match for him

i think he would have been under more pressure if he was playing a seed like walden or fu because people might have expected him to win that especially if he wins the final tomorrow

Postby GJ

the let down rule applies in most sports

its common place mate espcially with young players

Postby GJ

what ever smart it happens in most sports chumba knows what im talking aboit

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:what ever smart it happens in most sports chumba knows what im talking aboit

I'm not saying it wont happen, but there is also a rule where a win breeds confidence and new highs are reached.................its called fulfilling potential. I think its a coin toss considering Robbo's poor form. :irk:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:what ever smart it happens in most sports chumba knows what im talking aboit

I'm not saying it wont happen, but there is also a rule where a win breeds confidence and new highs are reached.................its called fulfilling potential. I think its a coin toss considering Robbo's poor form. :irk:

coin toss <laugh> rofl

he was in worse form last year :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Robbo is worthy favourite because he's a world champ and has been the distance, but while Trump may not have warranted such respect pre-China, he has to now, considering the way he's put away 3 good matchplayers and Davis. The Crucible is obviously a different arena and brings different pressure but the way Judd's handled himself in the QFs and SFs here despite not being at this level before suggests new found maturity, particularly in his safety game. Robbo had to undergo a similar transformation in his game to finally reach his potential, Judd's in this stage now.

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

coin toss <laugh> rofl

he was in worse form last year :hatoff:

Okay, how confident are you .................

I would say tactically Robbo has edge, long game pretty much equal, clutch prob give Robbo edge, safety JT has improved a lot and is not rushed, Crucible factor Robbo has edge, form defo JT has edge. EVEN - coin toss. <ok>

Postby GJ

fair points mate

Postby Bourne

We'll learn more in tomorrow's final about JT's temperament for the big stage <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Robbo is worthy favourite because he's a world champ and has been the distance, but while Trump may not have warranted such respect pre-China, he has to now, considering the way he's put away 3 good matchplayers and Davis. The Crucible is obviously a different arena and brings different pressure but the way Judd's handled himself in the QFs and SFs here despite not being at this level before suggests new found maturity, particularly in his safety game. Robbo had to undergo a similar transformation in his game to finally reach his potential, Judd's in this stage now.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

his match against Ebdon was impressive stuff and at last there is light at the end of a very long and winding up and down tunnell but although i aplaud his confidence he has not arrived hes mearly gone on the train.

the fact he thinks this will shut up his critics is worrieng to be honest his job is to pot balls the critics can praise or criticise in equal measure its up to him to carry on to bigger and better things and let the fans get on with critizing or praising him on what he will do in the future.

Postby Bourne

He's potting balls, he's making his rise up the rankings, he's won a tournament this year ... you've criticised him so much this season but these are the facts, progress is progress.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He's potting balls, he's making his rise up the rankings, he's won a tournament this year ... you've criticised him so much this season but these are the facts, progress is progress.

so i will praise him if he delivers which before this week he has done what Stuart bingham been doing for years and ive not seen no fuckar praizing him have you ???

its up to him to change opinions

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's potting balls, he's making his rise up the rankings, he's won a tournament this year ... you've criticised him so much this season but these are the facts, progress is progress.

so i will praise him if he delivers which before this week he has done what Stuart bingham been doing for years and ive not seen no fuckar praizing him have you ???

omg you're actually comparing Trump and Bingham :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

omg you're actually comparing Trump and Bingham :chuckle:

no before this week Bingham has actually been Ranked 17th so Bingham has been more succesfull in Rankings plus more Ranking Quarter Finals.

Players has to do it on the table not out of some bullocks opinions.