Option 5
5%
Other (please speicfy)
No votes

Total votes : 22

World Contest system

Postby PLtheRef

The 2011 World Championship prediction contest is upon us

Myself and Wild have discussed some formats we could use and we'd like to put them to a vote.

Option 1
- Use the same system as the 2010 and 2009 Tournaments that is using book makers to determine favourites

- Favourite wins - 6, Split odds 7, Underdog wins 8,
Correct score (19 and 25 frame matches) 4 points, 1 frame out 2 points,
Correct score (33 and 35 frame matches) 5 points, 1 frame out 3 points, 2 frames out 1 point,

Maximum Break Prize 12 points for each player who gets one that you predict, anyone you predict fails to get one -3 points.

12 points for tournament winner, 6 for runner up.

Option 2

Same as option 1, but we use the provisional seedins, provided they are updated throughout the tournament

Option 3

Traditional system

5 points seed wins
8 points unseed wins

3 points for correct score

Option 4

When the tournament contest is set up, arund 8th-9th April seed all 32 players based on the world seeding list from 1-32, this becomes their contest seeding

For example Roberston would be seeded 5th, and Trump 19th

If you predict Robertson to win, and he does, then you score 5 points, - if Trump wins and you predicted him to then you score 14 points, as there are 14 places between the two.

Correct score 4 points, Winner 12 points, Runner up 6 points

Option 5

Almost identical to option 4, but Trump would score 19 points instead of 14

Any other system you'd like, please specify.

Re: World Contest system

Postby GJ

option1 pad

simple but effective and worked well last year

Postby GJ

4 andd 5 are unfair IMO as someone could gain lots and win due to a few matches

Postby Wildey

my problem with option 4 and 5 is

Jamie Cope (14) v Andrew Pagett (32)

we all know how unpredictable cope is so Pagett winning could happen which means someone getting 18 or 32 points from that 1 result and there wouldnt be much point predicting cope incase he lost and someone going for pagett might race ahead.

Postby Lucky

I've gone option 4, but i'm easy as I now only partake in the 'big ones' <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Lucky wrote:What you slappin' your head at?

option 3 - keep it simple - too many want to re-invent the wheel round here :wave:

rofl

Postby Lucky

Smart wrote:

option 3 - keep it simple - too many want to re-invent the wheel round here :wave:

its basically a simpler version of option 3, everyone starts with a seeding which stays the same throughout, option 3 is a bit non descriptive if two seeds or non seeds meet......the lower number next to the name is the 'ranked' player in your 'simples' system <ok>

Postby Smart

Lucky wrote:
Smart wrote:

its basically a simpler version of option 3, everyone starts with a seeding which stays the same throughout, option 3 is a bit non descriptive if two seeds or non seeds meet......the lower number next to the name is the 'ranked' player in your 'simples' system <ok>

<doh>

Postby Tubberlad

rubbish, i meant option two rather than three... three is rubbish <doh>

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:
Smart wrote:

the only thing with 4 or 5 if pagett beats cope theres more points than if campbell beats murphy

you could predict all the qualifiers to win and if only about 5 of them comes up trump out of 16 matches 1st round you could be quids in.

Postby GJ

1 looks the best one IMO

Postby Bourne

Duno why we get three choices in this poll though ...

Postby GJ

close vote

Postby GJ

Option 3

makes no mention of tournie winner thats why its not a good enough system

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:rubbish, i meant option two rather than three... three is rubbish <doh>

:hatoff:

Postby Bourne

1,2 and 3 are pretty much the same thing in essence, 4 and 5 suck imo ! But I only want to vote for one option and that's 1 !!!