Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

March 28th~April 3rd at the Beijing Student University Stadium.

its the Quarter Finals in Beijing and at last Judd Trump has survived to play in one also there is Local Favorite Ding Junhui and world no 1 John Higgins who is trying to be the first Man since Ronnie O'Sullivan in 2004/2005 to win 3 Ranking tournaments in a season despite missing half the season.

Can he do it ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Great QF line-up, i'm absolutely buzzing for a Ding vs Trump final !!! Lee will be tough the way he's been playing lately.

every 1 a good match on paper with 5 of the top 8 ranked players still in

Postby Bourne

He is scarily inconsistent these days, as in during matches he doesn't look like missing and then goes 10 mid-rangers without even jawing shots, ridiculous. I thought Ding played okay but needs to improve against Lee, that might well go the distance.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:All four matches are a toss of a coin. The dullest has to be Selby v Carter.

Someone didn't watch the last time these met in China

Selby in a semi, I wonder what happened :box:

Postby Alex0paul

On another note Hendry must win one more match at the Crucible than both Walden and Cope. However both of those have very winnable first round matches so it looks like it could be the end.

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul WC wrote:On another note Hendry must win one more match at the Crucible than both Walden and Cope. However both of those have very winnable first round matches so it looks like it could be the end.

Actually that is complete rubbish :blush:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He is scarily inconsistent these days, as in during matches he doesn't look like missing and then goes 10 mid-rangers without even jawing shots, ridiculous. I thought Ding played okay but needs to improve against Lee, that might well go the distance.

Ding got dragged down i think he will go from strength to strength looking at the draw its anyones even Trump.

although Murphy,Higgins or Ding has to be a cut above.

im concerned about Selbys form TBH i think hes only made about 6 or 7 century since christmas if that and thus putting himself under pressure at the death of frames.

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If the semi is Ding vs Carter then that will be the dullest match you could ever ask for.

Their UK QF in 09 was absolutely brilliant viewing <ok>

Maybe, but I find that neither of them have any charisma whatsoever. I would prefer Ding to win but that is only because I cannot stand the Tiptree short ass.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:On another note Hendry must win one more match at the Crucible than both Walden and Cope. However both of those have very winnable first round matches so it looks like it could be the end.

yes i think all hendry has to do to stay in the top 16 is beat perry unless some pretty wiered results happen.

Postby Lucky

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

yes i think all hendry has to do to stay in the top 16 is beat perry unless some pretty wiered results happen.

Just gotta find a way to ensure Gentleman Joe turns up jet lagged ;-)

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

If he wins he needs two of Bingham, Lee, Walden, Cope and Allen to lose to be sure. However that could change if Lee wins another match in China.

Postby Wildey

i don't care what happens with rankings he just needs to see some sport shrink or someone its ridiculous how inconsistent he can be from 1 shot to another.

Postby Smart

SelbyFan wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:All four matches are a toss of a coin. The dullest has to be Selby v Carter.

What a load of inane drivel. Probably two of the better players to watch in the business.

Yep I love watching Carter especially as he has a great cue action, and Selby is there or thereabouts in most tournies - just needs to start converting into rankings wins. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

SelbyFan wrote:

What a load of inane drivel. Probably two of the better players to watch in the business.

Did I say it wasn't a good match up? Any other time it would probably be the highlight.

Postby SnookerFan

The match of this round surely has to be Murphy and Honest John though. bucking hell, what a match that could be. But what a semi-final line up. Who said the top players wouldn't be trying?

And who'd have thought it, other then Bourne, after four years of not living up to his potential Trump finally gets into another quarter final. Ebdon is beatable, I feel. But Trump can't have any of this three or four attempts at a frame win, he needs to have his potting boots on or Ebdon will tie him up in nots.