Post a reply

666 Give Ronnie a break

Postby N_Castle07

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A63500249

This article disappoints me. Ronnie is finally getting off his backside and promoting this sport which his made him a sporting superstar. However all people can say is bring up comments regarding the China press incident and “how much is Ronnie getting paid for this,” The bloke can’t win, whatever he does he gets slatted. Personally I really dislike O’Sullivan but try not to show it on here because I would be labelled a I am a twat. However when I heard about this Riley story I praised him and thought it was good for snooker. Why can’t other posters see this as a positive and think that just maybe Ronnie is trying to put things right.
Last edited by N_Castle07 on 19 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 666 Artical

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

It does make you wonder sometimes doesn't it? Its a bit like Ronnie O'Sullivan being 'Damned if he does & damned if he don't'.

Hopefully, this will flourish & if Ronnie O'Sullivan helps this become a success, then I'd like to see his name beside it as well & given credit for helping make this a success too.

Do you know much about this N_Castle07? I'd like to keep up with this.

Postby N_Castle07

Not really John, just the article (notice i've spelt article right this time unlike the way i've spelt it on the title subject <doh> ) which was posted on a snooker website. But I’m sure that the BBC will promote this and give it a lot of coverage during the Worlds.

Postby Roland

N_Castle07 wrote:Not really John, just the article (notice i've spelt article right this time unlike the way i've spelt it on the title subject <doh> ) which was posted on a snooker website. But I’m sure that the BBC will promote this and give it a lot of coverage during the Worlds.

I'm sure that we'll be sick at the sight of it during the intervals at the Worlds! It's perfect fodder for the BBC, it's the sort of stuff they love along with interviewing famous people from Sheffield who don't even know what snooker is.

Postby N_Castle07

Yes but they still know more about snooker than Hazel <laugh>

To John,

On a off topic note have you got any tips for top spin? I’m very good at bottom spin but can’t play topspin for rubbish. Every time I try and apply it I end up totally miss queuing the white and make a fool of myself in front of everyone at the pub pool league
<doh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

N_Castle07 wrote:Yes but they still know more about snooker than Hazel <laugh>

To John,

On a off topic note have you got any tips for top spin? I’m very good at bottom spin but can’t play topspin for rubbish. Every time I try and apply it I end up totally miss queuing the white and make a fool of myself in front of everyone at the pub pool league
<doh>

You can't be that far away if you can play the screw shot no problem as your follow through sounds spot on. Probably a mind thing maybe?

If your miss-cueing just try & hit the cue ball a bit lower. It sounds like your hitting the cue ball somewhere near 12 O'Clock? Hit the cue ball a bit lower, following through the same way as you would playing the screw. You don't need to hit it any harder, just hit a bit lower & follow through. Try this for half an hour on your own if you can, to build a bit of confidence up in yourself.

Postby N_Castle07

Cheers John that sounds spot on. I think I heard Willie Throne once say that the great players such as Hendry and O’Sullivan always strike the white at the very top when applying topspin. I think this has made me hit the white too high and hence why I’m miss queuing it. I’ll try a bit lower. Cheers.

Postby Tubberlad

Been working since eight, got home and had a look at that article. And what a load of balls people are talking again :roll:

Look, I hate the way O'Sullivan seems to think he's the only guy who's ever suffered from depression. Because most people do at some stage of their lives. But I don't for a second think he's all for his own good, and I am sure he's totally behind this initiative <ok>

Postby Wildey

N Castle

talk is cheap he has to prove himself so far this season his promotion skills has been as bad as a chain smoker promoting health.

Re: 666 Give Ronnie a break

Postby Monique

N_Castle07 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A63500249

This article disappoints me. Ronnie is finally getting off his backside and promoting this sport which his made him a sporting superstar. However all people can say is bring up comments regarding the China press incident and “how much is Ronnie getting paid for this,” The bloke can’t win, whatever he does he gets slatted. Personally I really dislike O’Sullivan but try not to show it on here because I would be labelled a I am a twat. However when I heard about this Riley story I praised him and thought it was good for snooker. Why can’t other posters see this as a positive and think that just maybe Ronnie is trying to put things right.

A few remarks ...
First it's frame and his clones at the heart of this. So whatever Ronnie does or doesn't it's bad. Not worthg losing breath discussing it with the bloke.
Next. "Finally" is not on. Ronnie does as much as most and even more to promote the game through exhibitions, including in mainland Europe, for years. I'm not comparing what he does to what Higgins does with his world series, but that's really out of the ordinary and it asks for a management that is willing to put such effort and has the means aswell. But Ronnie is doing as much as Selby, Murphy, Davis, Doherty ... and those are the ones who do a lot and often with them BTW.