Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discussion!

Postby Wildey

March 28th~April 3rd at the Beijing Student University Stadium.

This Week its Back to China for the China Open. first won in this reincarnation by a Teenage Ding Junhui back in 2005.

A Question this week is Will Ronnie O'Sullivan Travel further than Scotland ?

But there and Ready to go will be Mark Williams the World No 2 The defending Champion with John Higgins,Neil Robertson and the in form Shaun Murphy gunning for his title.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING

PREDICTION CONTEST

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discuss

Postby Wildey

Monday 28th of March

7.30am GMT

Stephen Hendry v Matthew Stevens
Kurt Mafflin v Cao Yupeng
Marcus Campbell v Mei Xiwen
Joe Perry v Li Yan

12.30pm GMT

Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins
Jimmy White v Tian Pengfei
Nigel Bond v Jin Long
Ken Doherty v Li Hang

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Monday 28th of March

7.30am GMT

Joe Perry v Li Yan

12.30pm GMT

Nigel Bond v Jin Long
Ken Doherty v Li Hang

I wonder what the televised macthes will be. It should be Hendry vs Stevens, but you always get dubious match selection in the Chinese tournaments.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Monday 28th of March

7.30am GMT

Joe Perry v Li Yan

12.30pm GMT

Nigel Bond v Jin Long
Ken Doherty v Li Hang

I wonder what the televised macthes will be. It should be Hendry vs Stevens, but you always get dubious match selection in the Chinese tournaments.

on the first day both sessions Eurosport Both channell showing matches my guess Hendry v Stevens,Perry v Yan,Robertson v Hawkins and White v Pengfei.

on the second day only the morning session has 2 Matches shown on Eurosport and Eurosport 2.

Postby Wildey

the reason they have Hendry match on the first day and not 8 Wild Card Matches is to Start the Event off with a Bang and Ronnie aside Hendry is the Biggest Name in China.

they couldnt really put Ronnie there because will he turn up ?

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:the reason they have Hendry match on the first day and not 8 Wild Card Matches is to Start the Event off with a Bang and Ronnie aside Hendry is the Biggest Name in China.

I think its to get him used to playing during the wildcard round.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:the reason they have Hendry match on the first day and not 8 Wild Card Matches is to Start the Event off with a Bang and Ronnie aside Hendry is the Biggest Name in China.

DING :)

theres plenty of chinese involved on the first day without sticking in another but i take your point <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:

That will never happen <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Oh, he'll never manage to actually qualify for events ? :wave:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Oh, he'll never manage to actually qualify for events ? :wave:

he will be there until the cows come home if he wants to go through qualfying but i think he will give it a maximum of 2 years if hes not back in the top 16 he will call it a day... nobody to good to keep him out its totally depends on him and the commitment he will give to get back.

Postby SnookerFan

Just doing some research on King Kurt, as I knew feck all about him.

Image Image

Maflin won the gold medal at the 2006 IBSF World Championships in Amman, Jordan, beating Daniel Ward 11–8 in the final. On his way to victory, Maflin won 15 consecutive matches.

He began playing snooker at the age of four, achieving a high break of 25 by the time he was five. :eek: :eek: :eek:

He increased his time spent at the table practicing. As a rated top junior player, Maflin represented England in the 1999 Home International series in Prestatyn, North Wales, where England were victorious.

In 2001 Maflin reached the final of the English Open Championship and was runner-up in the European Championship Final staged in Riga, Latvia. In the same year he won his place on World Snooker's Main Tour becoming the second youngest professional snooker player in the world at the time. He dropped off the tour and moved to Norway with his partner Anita Rizutti, only returning to serious competition for the 2006 Challenge Tour. He won this to return to the Main Tour for 2007/2008. He had a great run in the Masters qualifying tournament, beating Jimmy White to reach the final before losing out on a wild card place in the event to Barry Hawkins.

In 2010 he won the EBSA European Play-Offs and is once again qualified for the main tour. In June 2010, at the inaugural Player's Tour Championship event in Sheffield, Maflin compiled his first professional 147 break in his first round match against Michał Zieliński.

I'd not heard of him until his name popped up for this tournament, but he's clearly no mug. :D

Postby Black2white

SnookerFan wrote:I wonder what the televised macthes will be. It should be Hendry vs Stevens, but you always get dubious match selection in the Chinese tournaments.

when it comes to tournaments in China there's always a decent stream of all 4 tables through some chinese web sites :D
I have a link which has been working fine for me for the last couple of years, when the tournament starts I will post it on here :)

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder what the televised macthes will be. It should be Hendry vs Stevens, but you always get dubious match selection in the Chinese tournaments.

when it comes to tournaments in China there's always a decent stream of all 4 tables through some chinese web sites :D
I have a link which has been working fine for me for the last couple of years, when the tournament starts I will post it on here :)

I'm at work mainly, so tend to watch Sky Plussed stuff in the evening. Though, I'm not at work on Tuesday, so the live streams may be most welcome then. <ok>

Postby Wildey

there are 2 Matches shown on eurosport Most Mornings

Monday March 28

7.30am

3. Stephen Hendry v Matthew Stevens
Kurt Maflin v Cao Yupeng
Joe Perry v Li Yan

12.30pm

16. Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins

Nigel Bond v Jin Long
Ken Doherty v Li Hang

Tuesday March 29

7.30am

1. Mark Williams v Stephen Lee
13. Stephen Maguire v Mark Davis

Rob Milkins v Rouzi Maimaiti
Gerard Greene v Yu Delu

12.30pm

4. Ding Junhui v Maflin / Cao
12. Shaun Murphy v Perry / Li Yan
11. Graeme Dott v Doherty / Li
6. Mark Allen v Campbell / Mei

Wednesday March 30

7.30am

9. John Higgins v Bond / Jin
14. Marco Fu v Judd Trump

5. Ali Carter v Stuart Bingham
15. Peter Ebdon v Greene / Yu

12.30pm

2. Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ryan Day
8. Mark Selby v White / Tian
7. Jamie Cope v Milkins / Rouzi
10. Ricky Walden v Martin Gould

Matches in Bold are my Guess for Eurosport Matches but during the shanghai masters all 4 tables was shown on line

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:I'm taking Wednesday off this week. Yeah, gone watch some cricket, some snooker, shoot some pool, throw some darts, lift some weights, go for a walk, drink some brandy and coke, maybe have a sunbed session, takeaway. Come on !!!!!!! :ahh:

:limp:

do you have to pay extra to get the top of your head done too? :D

Postby GJ

good luck stevens

Not sure if the world champion will take this too seriously so no point wishing him luck for this event

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:good luck stevens

Not sure if the world champion will take this too seriously so no point wishing him luck for this event

buck me if he has any ambition to be regarded as a true great he should take this deadly serious.

Postby GJ

its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

this is a final warm up for the big one

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

if you can guarantee winning worlds yes but with only 1 world per year you cant so next best thing racking up titles after titles after titles and if more WC Comes his way great but nobody can rely on that.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

if you can guarantee winning worlds yes but with only 1 world per year you cant so next best thing racking up titles after titles after titles and if more WC Comes his way great but nobody can rely on that.

he got the world open and has won 2 events a year in most recent seaosns so its either china or a 2nd world title

:afro: :redneck: