Post a reply

NEW RANKER - Australian Masters - July 2011

Postby Witz78

Cant believe no-one else has picked up on this thats been aluded to on WS site and in Hendons latest blog piece.

so we will have a ranking season 2011/12 consisting of TEN main rankers next season supplemented by 12 PTC events and the
PTC Finals

with the following invitationals etc

Masters
Premier League
Championship League
Brazilian Masters
Chinese Invitational #1
Chinese Invitational #2
Power Snooker
World Cup
Sky Shootout
6 reds
Snooker Legends
Senior World Championship

etc etc....

Hearn has pulled it out of the bag again, just look at this tour compared to Rodney Walkers 2 years ago <doh>

I feel the World Cup and subsequent Australian Masters would be the ideal opportunity to extend the olive branch to Quiten and rightfully reinstate him to the main tour. :idea:

Re: NEW RANKER - Australian Masters - July 2011

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Apart from the Hann bit :redneck: Great news ! But does this mean the tour will be a bit bare between July and September ?

between july and september

JULY

29 June - 3 July
China Invitational

5-10
Wuxi Classic

11-17
World Cup
Thailand

22-24
PTC 3

AUGUST

1-4
Shanghai Masters Qualifiers
Academy

7-10
World Open Qualifiers
Academy

13-15
PTC 4

Premier League

19-21
PTC 5

Premier League

25-28
PTC 6/Paul Hunter Classic
Germany

30 Aug - 2 Sep
Qualifiers (Oct spare slot)

Postby Wildey

found it "I understand this could turn out to be in Australia." FFS thats just speculating and old witz put it up in capital letters <doh>

Postby Alex0paul

Depending where it was held in Australia the sessions would be around 3am and 8am. That will test everyones commitment.

Postby randam05

Alex0paul WC wrote:Depending where it was held in Australia the sessions would be around 3am and 8am. That will test everyones commitment.

Nah will test how good my sky box is <ok>

Postby Wildey

there is a Rumour on TSF That Barry Hearn has been to Las Vegas to meet Jim Wych who apparently lives there with organising a Invitational Pro Event out there.

i don't know how accurate that Rumour is so watch this space.

Postby gallantrabbit

A FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENT on another new event is expected within the next few weeks. We are in advanced discussions about a new overseas ranking tournament to take place in late July. We intend to reissue the 2011/12 calendar, including rankings cut-off points, during the Betfred.com World Championship.

This on the WS website so we must be close, either in Australia or Canada. Just love this globalization!

Postby PLtheRef

jojo wrote:i would like an event in canada because of the time difference i think they about six hours behind us therefore in the uk matches will go into the very early hours and beyond

I doubt Canada, that said the time difference wouldnt be much of an issue - given the Brazilian Masters

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:Depending where it was held in Australia the sessions would be around 3am and 8am. That will test everyones commitment.

Well, the 8am one wouldn't be a problem, as I'm usually up for them. <laugh>

I wonder how they'd take it at work, if I came in dead on my feet from watching a 3am match? <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

I wonder how they'd take it at work, if I came in dead on my feet from watching a 3am match? <laugh>

would they notice any difference :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

would they notice any difference :redneck:

<laugh> rofl It's funny, because it's true.

"SnookerFan's ballsed up again.", "So, what else is new?"

Postby jojo

imagine if the ranker in brazil goes ahead they will be just about starting their evening session now that will be great timing watching snooker going into the early hours nothing quite like it

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:imagine if the ranker in brazil goes ahead they will be just about starting their evening session now that will be great timing watching snooker going into the early hours nothing quite like it

there will be a Invitational in Brazil in September that is signed and sealed <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:imagine if the ranker in brazil goes ahead they will be just about starting their evening session now that will be great timing watching snooker going into the early hours nothing quite like it

I prefer the ones in China. Nothing quite like a bit of early morning snooker for me. Out of bed, and straight away there's snooker on. :happy: You can watch a final go the distance, and it's finished by 5pm. You don't have to worry about work the next day. :D

Postby Witz78

boris_the_butcher wrote:A seemigly positive step in the request for the growth of the game world wide but I imagine attendences are going to be poor. Australia is not a market the game can penetrate.

hmm i dunno Quinten Hann managed to penetrate a few things <ok>

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:A seemigly positive step in the request for the growth of the game world wide but I imagine attendences are going to be poor. Australia is not a market the game can penetrate.

but apparently Australia came to Barry with a proposal on the back of Neil Robertson winning the WC Last year.

without exploring it to the max we will never know what might have been.

Postby Steve K

It will be interesting to see how big the venue is and how many fans will attend the earlier matches. Can only see first round matches with Robbo, Ronnie and possibly Judd selling well, but I am not 100% sure what the level of interest is in Australia at the moment.