Ronnie O'Sullivan
60%
Dominic Dale
40%

Total votes : 10

World Championships 2011 R1: O'Sullivan vs Dale

Postby SnookerFan

Neil Robertson vs Judd Trump = :bird:

The match I'm psyched about is The Rocket vs The Spaceman. (That has to be how they promote it. Do a montage.)

Ronnie has been losing plenty lately, and falling down the rankings. But Dale hasn't qualified since, when, 2004? It'd be a great story if Dale could take this opportunity, and knock out Ronnie. But is he capable? Will Ronnie suddenly switch on the form again, like only he can?

Discuss.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 21 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: O'Sullivan vs Dale

Postby Bourne

If Ronnie beats Dale then he'll be playing for 10 days straight on from the middle Saturday if he wants to make the final or win it, that could help him out because he's talked hundreds of times in the past how he hates waiting around at venues and getting bored. This might really help him focus the mind.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:If Ronnie beats Dale then he'll be playing for 10 days straight on from the middle Saturday if he wants to make the final or win it, that could help him out because he's talked hundreds of times in the past how he hates waiting around at venues and getting bored. This might really help him focus the mind.

Especially when you look at some of the names he might be playing after winning round 1. Murphy, Higgins, Williams. He gets bored unless he finds something a challenge. And what can be more challenging, and Ronnie-like then having to face the top players day-in and day-out. In the best arena in the country, in front of big, excited crowds.

I think we've got fooled by Ronnie's sloppy season. I think he's one of the favourites to win, to be honest. If he can't get up to play in this tournament, he doesn't deserve to be a snooker player.

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:One of the picks of the first round, looking forward to seeing this one and how Ronnie's attitude is towards the event.

Yeah. Could be a very interesting game.

Both sessions are weekday afternoons though. :wild2: Dominic Dale might be out, before I've had a chance to see him.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Neil Robertson vs Judd Trump = :bird:

The match I'm psyched about is The Rocket vs The Spaceman. (That has to be how they promote it. Do a montage.)

Ronnie has been losing plenty lately, and falling down the rankings. But Dale hasn't qualified since, when, 2004? It'd be a great story if Dale could take this opportunity, and knock out Ronnie. But is he capable? Will Ronnie suddenly switch on the form again, like only he can.

Discuss.

Snookerfan :love:

I was just about to start this thread but my old beloved snookerfan has done it <ok>

This is certainly the pick of the first round, trump robertson doesnt compare. I am super excited for this! Me and you SF seem to agree on a lot!

I voted dominic dale so he wouldnt look lonely. I think he can do it if he players to a good standard and ronnie plays like he did against bingham first round UK. But I expect something good from ronnie this year, as you said SF. Although dale making round 2 would be a dream :love: and any further I may just collapse. :)

COME ON SPACEMAN.

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:I reckon Ronnie will win around 10-3

I agree

dale is ronalds poodle and will roll over to his master :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:I'll be there (in person) :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

These are two people whose autographs I have yet to get. I've been told that Ronnie is reluctant to sign autographs, but that was by somebody who had just got Ronnie's. <laugh>

The one I really want is Dale. :D

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:I have dales autograph :love: and jade has had a photo with him :love:

Its a beautiful autograph! :D

Are you saying the photo of your sister isn't beautiful? She'll not thank you for that.

ahha have you not seen it? it was her profile picture on here. She has quite a few pictures actually, with different players, I may start a new topic for her to put them on here <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:I have dales autograph :love: and jade has had a photo with him :love:

Its a beautiful autograph! :D

Are you saying the photo of your sister isn't beautiful? She'll not thank you for that.

ahha have you not seen it? it was her profile picture on here. She has quite a few pictures actually, with different players, I may start a new topic for her to put them on here <ok>

I might have done. You'll be happy to know I'm not noticing what 13-year old girls are doing on the internet. <laugh>

Postby GJ

the only hope for dale is that when i predict ronnie to win he tends to lose alot of the time

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:ronald a cert to win this match

GJ wrote:the only hope for dale is that when i predict ronnie to win he tends to lose alot of the time

Is Ronnie, with his mindset, ever a cert? He lost to Tian Pengfei last season....

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:If I recall correctly, GJ was the only player in the Prediction Contest to pick Tian to win that :chin:

<cool> :D

Postby jojo

ronnie will win this something like 10-5 without being at his best irrespective of whether his top sixteen place in danger or not

the occasion will be too much for dale if it gets close i can see him playing the occasion not the player and that will be his downfall ronnie will win comfortably

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:If I recall correctly, GJ was the only player in the Prediction Contest to pick Tian to win that :chin:

Is that true? If so mad props to GJ for picking that.

at that stage GJ always picked against Ronald, it was his thing in predicts to always do this. <ok> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is that true? If so mad props to GJ for picking that.

at that stage GJ always picked against Ronald, it was his thing in predicts to always do this. <ok> :wave:

So, the one person who got it right, it was down to a fluke. <laugh>

Though, I think the Tian Pengfei match was one of those results that was such a one in million shot, that picking against Ronnie would've shown you actually knew nothing about snooker, even if you'd been correct. <laugh>