Do people like Rob Walker?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes : 20

Rob Walker

Postby SnookerFan

It seems to me that there is a lot of hate for Rob Walker on this site. I never understood why. The role of the MC might not be super-necessary, but I think it does add something. And Rob Walker is good at geeing up the crowd beforehand, and the introductions are bit snazzy and I like them.

What about anyone else?

Re: Rob Walker

Postby Bourne

He's a good lad, I think you'd miss his enthusiasm when he goes.

Postby jojo

i think he a idiot in all honesty too in your face type and trying to be too funny all the time he also got one of them annoying faces you feel like spitting at

i like the old mc dont know his name but think he had grey hair he had a wonderful voice for an mc and in my opinion he was the best one did it just right

i remember when this idiot tried to crack a joke in a premier league match with hendry on hendrys 39th birthday he say something like oh no that must be hard for your fans seeing stephen hendry 39 on the screen they must be thinking stephen hendry highest break 39 not stephen hendry age 39

hendry blanked him and non of the crowd found the joke funny what a total idiot

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:i think he a idiot in all honesty too in your face type and trying to be too funny all the time he also got one of them annoying faces you feel like spitting at

CDL

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:Legend.

<ok> Spot on,

and a great guy! bumped into him a couple of times, at masters and welsh and hes very willing to stop for a light hearted chat and autograph! really really funny man, especially the banter he gives before a match that isnt shown on tv! <laugh>

Postby randam05

Infact the more I think about it the more I wonder how people can dislike him! He makes it so exciting when the players come out for the evening session of a cracking match, he really adds anticipation and true excitement! I love it.

Postby jadechelsea

randam05 wrote:Infact the more I think about it the more I wonder how people can dislike him! He makes it so exciting when the players come out for the evening session of a cracking match, he really adds anticipation and true excitement! I love it.

:idea:

Postby jadechelsea

who doesn't like rob walker ? because he is a legend

Postby Wildey

Having Seen John Mcdonald then that Scotish Guy in the WO they are Crap with a capital C.

Rob Walker isnt Bad at all.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Having Seen John Mcdonald then that Scotish Guy in the WO they are Crap with a capital C.

we know you didnt like the :limp: MC in Glasgow but that was prob just cos of the homophobia that exists throughout Wales according to Dafyed.

but what about the other MC who replaced Walker at the World Open? This kid is gonna be the UKs answer to Michael "Lets Get Ready to Rumble" Buffer :bowdown:

Postby randam05

OMG hes worst than i remember! I could do better couldnt i?

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:could be worse mind u, we could still have this guy as MC

who? image? Dont remember him that well.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:

Richard Bear i think his name was he took over from Alan Hughes before Rob Walker got the Job.

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:
i remember when this idiot tried to crack a joke in a premier league match with hendry on hendrys 39th birthday he say something like oh no that must be hard for your fans seeing stephen hendry 39 on the screen they must be thinking stephen hendry highest break 39 not stephen hendry age 39

Are you sure it was a Premier League match? I didn't realise Rob Walker had ever done the Premier League. You're not thinking of Andy Goldstein are you? He's a bell-end who makes unfunny jokes. <laugh>

Postby jojo

no it was definitely this hammer who made a hammer of himself it was either late 2008 or early 2009 definitely was him

definitely not andy goldstein him and hendry are good friends

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Richard Bear i think his name was he took over from Alan Hughes before Rob Walker got the Job.

Richard 'Grizzly' Beare

that said, it does help when your wife worked for WS at the time

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Having Seen John Mcdonald then that Scotish Guy in the WO they are Crap with a capital C.

we know you didnt like the :limp: MC in Glasgow but that was prob just cos of the homophobia that exists throughout Wales according to Dafyed.

but what about the other MC who replaced Walker at the World Open? This kid is gonna be the UKs answer to Michael "Lets Get Ready to Rumble" Buffer :bowdown:

I mean, credit to the guy, he went out and gave it a go. Which is something I wouldn't have done. But it's when you have somebody who isn't Rob Walker, you realise what a sterling job Rob does.

Postby GJ

SF

ken did a better job than nob walker

Postby Bourne

"it's when you have somebody who isn't Rob Walker, you realise what a sterling job Rob does."

That's what sums it up nicely for me in one easy sentence. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:"it's when you have somebody who isn't Rob Walker, you realise what a sterling job Rob does."

That's what sums it up nicely for me in one easy sentence. <ok>

bucking hell, we agree with something. Call the police.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:SF

You'd know plenty about being a idiot Walker. <doh>

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:SF

You'd know plenty about being a idiot Walker. <doh>

are you involved with him :love: