Topic locked

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump - who reaches R2 ?

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2011

Neil Robertson
52%
Judd Trump
48%

Total votes : 23

World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson 8-10 Trump

Postby Bourne

The undoubted, undisputed match of the first-round at the Crucible this season sees World-champion, former world number-one and number-one seed Neil Robertson take on the qualifier and ever-improving sensation from England Judd Trump in a mouth-watering match to open the tournament.

Robertson has a strong record at the Crucible, winning 8 of his last 9 matches, whilst Trump is making only his second appearance at the venue (first in 2007), though has impressed this season with some consistent performances to rise provisionally to the edge of the top-16 for the first time.

Who do you see winning this match ? Two stylish, classy left-handers and bundles of talent to fall back on. Robertson will be favourite, but the Crucible is the theatre where dreams can come true and Judd will believe !

The match will start on the opening morning of this year's Championships on Saturday 16 April and conclude in the evening session.

Result: Trump wins 10-8

Re: World Championships 2011 R1: N Robertson vs Trump

Postby GJ

I much prefer this match up than fergal last year as robbo prefers an open match but if needed he can adapt to a more safety orrienated style

could be a close match though

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:GJ vs Bourne in the Battle of the Fanboys. :D

Unfortunately, I can see this one going the way of Robertson.

I will be in attendance and in full boo-boy mode :john:

You bloody better be :D

Postby Bourne

Robertson on Trump: 'I'd rather play him than someone who takes a long time over shots. You know what type of game you're going to get'

Meaning: I recognise that this is one of the toughest R1 draws I could have got, a fearless potter who could blow me out of the competition on day one, i'm going to have to be right on my game here.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Robertson on Trump: 'I'd rather play him than someone who takes a long time over shots. You know what type of game you're going to get'

Meaning: I recognise that this is one of the toughest R1 draws I could have got, a fearless potter who could blow me out of the competition on day one, i'm going to have to be right on my game here.

<doh>

"I'd rather play him...." translates as; "Oh rubbish! It's Trump." :roll:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Robertson on Trump: 'I'd rather play him than someone who takes a long time over shots. You know what type of game you're going to get'

<doh>

"I'd rather play him...." translates as; "Oh poo! It's Trump." :roll:

You believe him :redneck:
He's definitely bricking it :D There's no way anyone would look forward to facing such a fearless, high-quality potter !

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:trump will be bricking it how many wins has he had at the crucible

<laugh> :wave:

No pressure on him then, everything to gain, nothing to lose ... about as dangerous an opponent as you can physically get :idea:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

No pressure on him then, everything to gain, nothing to lose ... about as dangerous an opponent as you can physically get :idea:

even if he gets a lead in to session 2 he will be bricking it has he hasnt won a match there before

:afro: <laugh>

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

even if he gets a lead in to session 2 he will be bricking it has he hasnt won a match there before

Oh yeh, that must mean he'll never ever win there then :?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Oh yeh, that must mean he'll never ever win there then :?

where did i say that :? :roll:

just not this year :afro: :bowdown:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:You'll be praying he doesn't have a good run in China, because if he does and finds some confidence going into Sheffield, he's a major contender :D

yes mate :wave:

<laugh> rofl

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You'll be praying he doesn't have a good run in China, because if he does and finds some confidence going into Sheffield, he's a major contender :D

so if Marcus Campbell has a Run in China does that also make him a World Championship Contender ??

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

so if Marcus Campbell has a Run in China does that also make him a World Championship Contender ??

Campbell is nowhere near Judd's level <doh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:just thinking seeing as Marcus owns Trump :chin:

That's the match-up for you, they're in opposite halves now :D

No GJ not yet, still a lot of snooker to be played before April 16 so nearer the time <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:JT was on Radio 5live earler and he said he was really looking forward to the match and hoped that the auditorium would be packed <ok> He's big time now

he and his fans talks a good game now lets do it where it matters <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:JT was on Radio 5live earler and he said he was really looking forward to the match and hoped that the auditorium would be packed <ok> He's big time now

Hope so, it's a good thing that he's saying he's glad he's got a great player like Robbo, shows he's got no fear no matter who he faces and that's exactly how it should be. So early in the tournament, the first morning, he can catch Robbo cold <ok> Hey Robbo might even forget to turn up, 10am is very early :redneck:

Postby GJ

Just to say witz do your worst old boy and boo robbo all you want as he will play even better then

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Hope so, it's a good thing that he's saying he's glad he's got a great player like Robbo, shows he's got no fear no matter who he faces and that's exactly how it should be. So early in the tournament, the first morning, he can catch Robbo cold <ok> Hey Robbo might even forget to turn up, 10am is very early :redneck:

trump is hardly going to say he has no chance of winning

he is talking a good game but wont back it up on the day :D :afro:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

trump is hardly going to say i have no chance of winning

he is talking a good game but wont back it up on the day :D :afro:

Instead of saying 'well it could have been easier' or some nonsense like that, he said he's looking forward to it <cool> That's a great sign of confidence, world champ, 6 time ranking winner, ex #1 "I WANT TO PLAY HIM !!!"

Oh and btw, I think we all know witz will bottle it again :redneck: