Topic locked

World Championships 2011: ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby Bourne

The draw for the last 32 of the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship has been made on Monday 21 March 2011. It pitted a mouth-watering match-up between the defending champion Neil Robertson and young sensation Judd Trump in R1, with the winner possibly facing Martin Gould in the second-round. 7-times champion Stephen Hendry draws former semi-finalist Joe Perry, Ronnie O'Sullivan faces Welshman Dominic Dale and John Higgins faces a tough match in Stephen Lee.

1 Neil Robertson vs Judd Trump
16 Marco Fu vs Martin Gould
9 Graeme Dott vs Mark King
8 Allister Carter vs Dave Harold
5 Ding Junhui vs Jamie Burnett
12 Peter Ebdon vs Stuart Bingham
13 Stephen Hendry vs Joe Perry
4 Mark Selby vs Jimmy Robertson

3 Mark Williams vs Ryan Day
14 Jamie Cope vs Andrew Pagett
11 Mark Allen vs Matthew Stevens
6 Stephen Maguire vs Barry Hawkins
7 Shaun Murphy vs Marcus Campbell
10 Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Dominic Dale
15 Ricky Walden vs Rory McLeod
2 John Higgins vs Stephen Lee

Re: World Championships 2011: ROUND 1 DRAW !!!

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Fingers crossed Robertson will get Stevens or Day, would prefer to see Robbo face one of those Welsh duo would be good to watch.

As a Allen and Selby fan, battle of the youngsters Allen v Trump could be a classic while I want Selby to face King could be a struggle for my fellow Leicester man but I like battles.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Come on Stevens,

Bring Hendry, Cope, Fu or Walden.... :mosh2:

<laugh> You're so confident in Stevens, you outline four of the sixteen top-seeds that you think he can beat.

im not sure about cope bit the other 3 are doable

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Come on Stevens,

Bring Hendry, Cope, Fu or Walden.... :mosh2:

<laugh> You're so confident in Stevens, you outline four of the sixteen top-seeds that you think he can beat.

im not sure about cope bit the other 3 are doable

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
Smart wrote:I think most of the top 16 would happily accept Stevens as the round 1 opponent. I'd fancy my own chances against that choker. :)

stevens hatah :no: :wild2:

Stevens hater of the highest order <cool> :D :ahh: :) <ok> :wave:

why?

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Smart why you dislike him so much? He's on of the nicest guys on tour...did you get a pm in facebook like snookerfan from Gouldy???? aahahahahahaha

<laugh> :wave:

Welsh hype. His fans are really sickening. He has taken choking to a different level. Very lazy and waste of perceived talent. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

kostasmad wrote:Smart why you dislike him so much? He's on of the nicest guys on tour...did you get a pm in facebook like snookerfan from Gouldy???? aahahahahahaha

Yeah, except Stevens was just him up, and not one of his facebook friends.

Postby GJ

there is no one i want robbo to avoid if he gets stevens so be it

i would prefer if they dont face each other in round 1 but if it happens it happens

Postby PLtheRef

Gonna miss the draw, lecture's been moved because the lecturers are on strike on Thursday.

To be honest I think this might be one of the most interesting World Championships for a while, certainly a strong field, 25 of the 30 who've played their before have won matches at the crucible and 23 of the 32 have spent time in the top 16

Postby randam05

Rocket_ron wrote:
Smart wrote:I think most of the top 16 would happily accept Stevens as the round 1 opponent. I'd fancy my own chances against that choker. :)

stevens hatah :santa: :wild2:

<laugh> Very true smart. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
Smart wrote:

Welsh hype. His fans are really sickening. He has taken choking to a different level. Very lazy and waste of perceived talent. <ok>

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:
Smart wrote:

2 majors :afro:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:

2 majors :afro:

<laugh> bet he is ordering a new trophy cabinet as we speak <laugh> :wave:

more need for it for him than say jame no trophies cope

:redneck: <laugh>