Post a reply

Noel Saltmarche 1949-2011

Postby footygirl

It is with great sadness that I have to report the death of Noel Saltmarche, one of our members.

Noel lost his fight with cancer yesterday. I will remember him as a lovely man who was always good to chat with over the net. He was great lover of snooker and had purchased a new cue to resume playing after his operation.

Sadly that will not happen now.

Rest in Peace Noel

Re: Noel Saltmarche - RIP

Postby GJ

shocking news

:-( :rip:

Postby footygirl

I am in shock - total shock - Noel was a great lover of the sport and someone who posted regularly. If we could do something by way of a memorial for him

Postby GJ

I thought he was having an operation in april to try and help him overcome the illness

im in shock

:-(

Postby Roland

If anyone has any stories about Noel then post them in this topic and I will write a memorial blog entry to him when I return from holiday.

I'm in total shock. He was so upbeat in private messages. He was so inspirational in his words, such a nice bloke and a wicked sense of humour.

Rest in peace mate.

Postby Roland

He was here only 2 days ago.

Last visited:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Postby Monique

Last message from Noel to me was this "thank you Mon I will hold your XXX'd-ness close to me and be unafraid." ... dors en paix mon ami.

Postby Roland

He started treatment with the "toxic avenger" the day after his twin brother died of the same disease. Words can't describe how that must've felt but he took it in his stride and never lost his sense of humour despite all that was going on.

He was a snooker nut to the end. Even after diagnosis just before Christmas he was still going to his local snooker hall and taking pleasure in playing the game as a form of escape.

I'm absolutely gutted right now.

Postby jojo

i echo what nice shoes ken saying i didnt really know noel that well on here as im relatively new and dont post all the time but it shocking and sad to hear someone lose their life to cancer such an untimely death and he 61 so he had a good deal of years ahead of him yet

my thoughts with his friends and family this such a horrible piece of news

rest in peace pal hope you didnt suffer

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:He started treatment with the "toxic avenger" the day after his twin brother died of the same disease. Words can't describe how that must've felt but he took it in his stride and never lost his sense of humour despite all that was going on.

He was a snooker nut to the end. Even after diagnosis just before Christmas he was still going to his local snooker hall and taking pleasure in playing the game as a form of escape.

I'm absolutely gutted right now.

Noel's dearest dream was to make a 147 against Cliff Thorburn with whom he played (and lost) regularly. Even very ill, he was biking to his club to practice. He was saying that this was his zen exercise ... I'm sure he rests in the paradise of snooker lovers where the sky is blue from the dust of chalks as Moondan used to say.
Last edited by Monique on 18 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

OMG

im was looking at Hot topics in disbalief before i clicked on it

RIP Mate

Known of you long before Snooker Island via TSF

over the years we had our spats but through it all i never lost respect for you.

So Sad :sad: :sad:

Postby GJ

Postby Bourne

Absolutely gutting, can't put into words. What a great, great guy and an inspiration <ok>

Postby Wildey

what always striked me with noal how young he wrote.

before i knew his age i thought he was a youngster and i know a lot on here thought the same when he joined up.

Postby Roland

I'm sure he would see the humour in your constant mis-spelling of his name Wild :redneck:

As Bourne said, he was a great guy. I took great inspiration from his words in PM at his outlook and complete and utter disdain for the illness which we referred to as "the runt". I was telling him to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel and promised him a game of snooker one day and he made a comment about me picking the balls out of the pocket for him.

Postby Tubberlad

I am gutted to hear this. My thoughts are with his family right now, and I hope they can find strength at this time. I didn't know the guy personally, but his sense of humour at such a difficult time was a credit to the man.

R.I.P Noel...

Postby Roland

He still had so much to offer. He was such a forum character, a one off. Cut down in his prime of life.

I am absolutely gutted.

Postby Witz78

Wow,im shocked to see this. when i saw the thread i assumed it was some rock music freak friend of Sonnys.

Noel was an elusive enigma on here and sadly i never really got to know him. RIP mate.

anyway it makes all the silly squabbles with the likes of Wild pale into insignificance.

Postby kostasmad

RIP Noel....I am so gutted...May god rest his soul and give power and strength to his loved ones. He will be missed by all....

Postby Casey

RIP Noel, I hope you find peace. My thoughts are with your family.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Wow,im shocked to see this. when i saw the thread i assumed it was some rock music freak friend of Sonnys.

Noel was an elusive enigma on here and sadly i never really got to know him. RIP mate.

anyway it makes all the silly squabbles with the likes of Wild pale into insignificance.

Noel Enjoyes some Squabbles himself he survived longer than most on TSF without towing the Line.

but yes what does any of it matter at the end of the day :sad:

Postby Lucky

RIP Noel.....a lovely family who must be devastated.